PDA

View Full Version : Very mean and rude

goliathlover
05-15-2001, 10:34 PM
TrBiggar, one of your moderators has been very mean and rude to me on aol instant messanger. I found it offensive that he call me jackass and BEEP. I dont know if u can do anything about this but i just wanted to bring it to your attention.

goliathlover
05-15-2001, 10:44 PM
Here is the conversation we had.SnowboardCoaster: hay
<BR>SnowboardCoaster: did u just warn me
<BR>TrBiggar: your stupid, thats why
<BR>SnowboardCoaster: your mean
<BR>TrBiggar: I am a jerk, yes.
<BR>SnowboardCoaster: whats your problem today
<BR>and it keeps going, i didnt have a chance to copy it all.

ThrillNetwork
05-16-2001, 08:11 AM
Thank you. I will look into this matter.

Jeremy Ross
05-16-2001, 04:55 PM
Alex,
<BR>
<BR>What is said in private conversations should not affect on the message boards.
<BR>
<BR>This is America, after all.

ThrillNetwork
05-16-2001, 08:59 PM
True!

Sir Willow
05-16-2001, 09:51 PM
Up to a point. If it is a moderators response to posts made here, then I think it is applicable. This could easily be a precursor to a moderator treating someone else unfairly on the boards or to other problems that may arise in the future.
<BR>
<BR>I'm honestly not trying to but in, and have no desire to know details or get involved. But I do think that it would be wise to investigate and see if you have a potential future problem on your hands. Please trust me. I've had to deal with it myself, both as a poster and a list owner. It's easier to head it off now before it becomes a problem than later on after it has become a big one.

PointMan
05-18-2001, 09:43 PM
If I ran a site such as this, and I don't, and one of the mods started abusive converstions with users of the site I would relieve the moderator of all privileges and responsibilities immediately.
<BR>
<BR>The reason is because I only want mature and responsible people moderating my boards and abusive conversations is a sign of immaturity.
<BR>
<BR>Also, being a business, I would see these abusive conversations as damaging to my sites reputation. Therefore, if you abuse my customers, your gone.
<BR>
<BR>However, this is not my site so do whatever you want. YOu have a good site here. Please don't listen to much to whiners and hard-cases. These types of posters will always be out there, whining and being a general pain no matter what you do.

TravisBiggar
05-18-2001, 11:25 PM
I would like to say something. I may have been rude. But goliathlover exagerated, also.
<BR>I would also like to say one thing. AIM is not ThrillRide property, and I was not acting as a ThrillRide mod while talking. I also politly asked him to not drag the forums into our problem, that was just that, a problem between us two. I mean, is it right for someone to complain about a person being rude to his/her boss while, all while they are not at work or on the job? I think it is not.
<BR>Again, durring that conversation I did NOT act as a ThrillRide mod. I was acting as the person who owns my AIM account, myself, not ThrillRide. (no offence to ThrillRide, if any was taken, I hope not.)
<BR>
<BR>_________________
<BR>Travis Biggar
<BR>Thrillride! Forum Moderator<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TravisBiggar on 2001-05-18 23:27 ]</font>

Tyler Eaves
05-19-2001, 02:00 PM
I'd like to see a full transcript of the conversation.
<BR>

Metalhead 777
05-27-2001, 08:19 PM
Let it go guys, unless he was doing something really bad. I do agree with what Sir Willow said though.

murchison1
05-30-2001, 12:40 PM
I agree with Metalhead. Let it go. Try to forgive eachother. I'm not wanting to get into anyone's business, but it sounds like both of you guys said something that you regret. I completely agree with Sir Willow.