PDA

View Full Version : Be prepared for this

Jim Payne
09-11-2001, 03:24 PM
Everyone needs to take a deep breath and consider the following. As for the fourth aircraft, there has been little coverage and there may be a reason for this. In the event that a hositle aircraft is approaching any populus areas, military pilots can be given the go ahead to shoot "any" aircraft down. We should all be prepared to find in the coming hours or days that this was fate of the 4th aircraft. This may be difficult for people to handle, but you should understand that this would have been done as a last resort to SAVE LIVES. The fate of the people on this aircraft was likely decided when the aircraft was taken over, as demonstrated by the what happened to the other aircraft. We pray for all involved in this incident, and just remember. This is America. We will overcome this together.

mrk468zz
09-11-2001, 03:46 PM
good point. my SPECULATION on the matter is that the pilot himself perhaps brought the plane down, knowing that the hijackers were going to head toward a populated area. however, WE DONT KNOW ANYTHING, and we should reserve any sort of judgment on the matter.

phantompenguin
09-11-2001, 03:54 PM
I agree there

it is a possibility, expecially since an eye witness said she saw everything happen(she was outside hanging her clothes up), she heard what sounded like a sonic boom, the plane turned, and nosedived into the ground.

It probably was shot down, but it also could have been the pilot, what was the worst thing the terrorists could have done to him? Kill him? He was going to die anyways. But it probably was shot down.

Jim Payne
09-11-2001, 04:36 PM
This was not the case according to the Defense Department. Amen, and gain we pray for everyone affected by this seemingly impossible event.

Limacoasterboy
09-11-2001, 04:44 PM
I wonder if the pilot of that plane knew about the WTC when his plane got hijacked so he decided to crash his plane cause maybe, he knew where thoese cowards wanted him to fly the plane to. But, it might also just be a freak accident cause the only thing close to it was camp david, but that was 80 miles a way from the crash site. Well, we'll know what happed when they recover the black box.

Amy
09-11-2001, 05:31 PM
I've heard that they're thinking the pilot of the plane/s was killed before the planes crashed into the World Trade Center. If you were a pilot, wouldn't you crash somewhere else, and not fly right into the WTC even with a gun to your head? For my country and considering the possibilty, I would.

mooses41
09-11-2001, 05:44 PM
I thought all 4 were accounted for, the 2 wtc's, pittsburgh area, and pentagon.

Limacoasterboy
09-11-2001, 05:50 PM
mooses41, they are all accounted for (every plane in the US for that fact). We are talking about the plane that crashed in PA that completly missed everything that could be a possible attack location.

rocketman23
09-11-2001, 06:44 PM
I myself, assumed the pilot ditched the plane to save many. We can only assume for now.

SFGadvKing
09-11-2001, 06:46 PM
are you saying they shot it down?

CrystalKat
09-11-2001, 06:47 PM
There is the proximity to Camp David, but tracking the plane's course seems to indicate that it would have been heading for Washington DC, but the takeover on board the aircraft was not as swift. A thought about the possibility of Camp David: Why? There really isn't anything there worth destroying, not when compared to the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. If the president had been at Camp David at the time, it would have made more sense. Likely we won't know where that plane's target was, even if the black box is recovered.

DrachenFire96
09-13-2001, 03:23 AM
The latest on CNN was that one of the two cell phone calls from the 4th plane mentioned how the passengers were going to try to take control of the plane...afterall these guys were armed with case cutters and knives supposedly...and speculation was that the terrorist pilot crashed to plane to keep the revolt from siezing control...Obviously this could change tomorrow the way the news media is about this stuff.

serpent king
09-13-2001, 08:39 AM
the PA plane was NOT shot down. I have proof to back it up.
First---- People were callin on cell phones and they heard what was gonna happen, that there were gonna crash into something important, so they retaliated and beat up the terrorists and nose dived the plane

Second-----Witnesses saw no flames, nothing, the plane was goin fine then nose dived into the ground.

Raleighpensfan
09-13-2001, 05:15 PM
Yeah, no offense guys, but unless you know soemthing DEFINATE and will share that with us, don't speculate. You are turning a tragedy into a tabloid sensation. Please, please, please don't do that. I think too much of a lot of you to have my opinion ruined by this.

antfarm007
09-13-2001, 08:22 PM
To me it sounds like there was a heroic effort to take over the plane because these hijackers told the people what they were gonna do and to call their loved ones and tell them they were gonna die, and the black box was recovered, so i guess we will now find out

Jim Payne
09-13-2001, 09:54 PM
This was posted before we knew what was up, but it was a reality that we should all have been prepared for . Fortunately it was not the case. Read the full thread.

Raleighpensfan
09-13-2001, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Jim Payne
This was posted before we knew what was up, but it was a reality that we should all have been prepared for . Fortunately it was not the case. Read the full thread.

I would have faith in our government not to do something like that. Yes, it may have been on the way to Camp David or the White House, but how do you justify shooting it down. Yes, it could destroy the White House etc...But you have to give time to see if *MAYBE* the poeple inside will try to get hold of the situation. Losing a national monument is indeed a trivial thing compared to lives. I hope we have more faith in our leaders, if not all this stuff about pride and patriotism is worthless.