PDA

View Full Version : Give blood. Lots of people need blood

Invertigo
09-11-2001, 03:28 PM
Go to your nearest hospital and give blood. For all the people in NYC. I'm going soon, with my two brothers and parents. Give blood, There's people who need it.
My heart goes out to all who perished in today's tragady..

Godblees
Love you all
Bryan

Amy
09-11-2001, 03:33 PM
Thank you. I agree, everyone give blood if you can. I'm too little to give blood, I believe you have to have a certain body weight, but if you can it would help everyone out here. I know many people who had family/friends who were in the city at the time or even in the towers. It's nuts over here, and it's a day we'll never forget. My aunt saw the whole thing, and it wasn't a nice sight.

Inferno
09-11-2001, 03:51 PM
I think you have to be 18 too. My mom gives blood at least.

Jim Payne
09-11-2001, 03:56 PM
I'm O- and they just pumped me out. I'm in Cali, but I'm sure they'll find a way to get it there.

phantompenguin
09-11-2001, 03:56 PM
thank you for posting this as a reminder, I would except my blood would not be excepted(too young and I have a cold).

Tom Zeliff
09-11-2001, 04:11 PM
I've posted this message as an announcement in all of the forums, but here it is again:

The Red Cross is in desperate need of blood and blood products to help the survivors of the terrorist attacks. It is estimated that only 5% of those who are eligible donate blood. If you are in the US, are at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, and are free from viral infections of any kind please go to www.redcross.org or call 1-800-GIVE LIFE to find out where you can donate blood. Please help!

-Tom

mforce45
09-11-2001, 10:46 PM
Unfortunately I'm in my 56 day waiting period. I can't give again until October some time. Well...at least they have mine. Anyone who does not give blood that is eligible should. It doesn't hurt much at all, and people are in desperate need of your blood, especially if you're a type O.

Coalhouse
09-12-2001, 01:31 AM
My Dad's a hospital administrator at Cedars Siani Hospital in LA and they were turning people away because they didnt' have enough people working to take it. He told me none of this blood will make it to NYC, because we're a nation apart. We're in a shortage all across the nation...no doubt, and oddly enough this disaster will more then pull us out of it. You should go donate blood, but don't think you're killing anyone in NYC if you don't.

The_Evil_Tediz
09-12-2001, 09:56 AM
I would donate if I could, but I am underage. My mom is in her waiting period, and my dad has too many medications in his bloodstream. I will, however, try to convince every adult that I know to give blood.

BryanWood
09-13-2001, 07:02 PM
I donated blood today. I also donated $35. I hardly make any money, so I donated what I can. I urge all to donate money to the Red Cross to help bolster emergency efforts.

Raleighpensfan
09-13-2001, 10:17 PM
I hate it since I am in my just gave recently window too. At least I take comfort in the fact that someone has probably already used mine. Plus my money is on the way.