PDA

View Full Version : The plane to crash in Western PA

Raleighpensfan
09-13-2001, 11:02 PM
Believe this or not, but it is true.

I am originally from PA, actually a town by the name of New Florence, 20 miles from Johnstown, PA. I talked to my mom on Tuesday afternoon, and she said that on her local news, they had amateur videotape of that plane going over the Cambria County Airport (Johnstown, PA) which is 15 miles from Somerset, PA where it crashed. The people at the airport knew something was wrong because commercial planes do not go that low. Pretty scary stuff. The town it actually crashed in, Shanksville, was where I played varsity football. Not for that team, but an away game.

Cycovisions3
09-14-2001, 01:13 AM
Those people on Flight 93 are heroes in my opinion. I believe that plane was going to the Capitol or the White House and they gave up their own lives so we can have ours.

Wow that video tape will be priceless in the future.

Raleighpensfan
09-14-2001, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Cycovisions3
Those people on Flight 93 are heroes in my opinion. I believe that plane was going to the Capitol or the White House and they gave up their own lives so we can have ours.

Wow that video tape will be priceless in the future.

Yeah...I haven't seen it yet. I am quite surprised that some national network like CNN hasn't bought it yet. Probably want too much for it. I am anxious to see it. My mom said it was only on once.

I agree that these people are heroes. It is sad we haven't heard too much of them.

Airhead9
09-14-2001, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure but i believe it was shot down by a U.S. fighter. There's no way to be sure of this because the government would never tell us if they did, but I think it is possible that they shot it down.

J-Brew2001
09-14-2001, 06:55 PM
There were definitely heroes on that flight that prevented an even larger disaster(although I believe that any loss of innocent life is the worst possible). I just hope they can recover the audio portion of the black box recorder.

antfarm007
09-14-2001, 06:57 PM
The Black Box has been recovered and is currently under investigation

Raleighpensfan
09-14-2001, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by antfarm007
The Black Box has been recovered and is currently under investigation

For whatever reason, heat damage etc, it doesn't sound like they have the total contents of the boxes. I think in the Pentagon crash, the cockpit audio was damaged.