PDA

View Full Version : Don't Blame Muslims

The_Evil_Tediz
09-14-2001, 10:08 AM
My world history teacher brought up a very good point yesterday. He told everyone not to blame the Muslims for this attack, even though a group of them are responsible for the attack. Why? Because those people that attacked us are to Islam what the KKK is to Christianity. Just thought I'd share that with you, as a lot of people have been blaming the Muslim religion.

CrystalKat
09-14-2001, 01:31 PM
That's a very good comparison, and very apt. In a way, I find it more frightening that so many people are vehemently against any peoples of islamic faith or arabic descent, regardless of their affiliation. If we start to discriminate against the masses, we become no better than the terrorists. Above all, we have to prove that we are better, regardless of what they may do to us.

mrk468zz
09-14-2001, 02:27 PM
I absolutely agree. Considering the way this country treated Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor, I hope we treat Islamic-Americans with more respect than that. Many religions (especially ones as huge as Islam) have violent extremists. Most all Muslim-Americans (and non-american muslims) are just as shocked and outraged as the rest of us are. The people who did this do not represent Muslims. They represent hate and death.

DeKalb
09-14-2001, 03:06 PM
It could have very well been Americans that did it. It could have been a Christian, you never know. That's why I do not like the concept of religion. It just brings up fights and in my opinion religion has absolutely nothing to do with faith. It's just a way to find a group of people to socialize with or to join forces with and fight other religions.

Erik Johnson
09-14-2001, 03:26 PM
I've heard so many people saying, "Let's nuke the Arabs!" It makes me sick quite honestly. So many people want to go into Pakistan or Afganistan and do to them what the terrorists did to us. Ultimately, that makes us no better than they are. It may even make us worse. I can't stand it.

antfarm007
09-14-2001, 07:05 PM
Well, since most of you probably don't know this when the USA was born the founding fathers new church and state created problems. Well the radical Islams feel that the United States poses a problem to the creation of a global Islam state (which aint gonna happen with the US) Usama bin Laden is actually quite popular in Afghanistan, more popular than the Talibans actually.

By the way, where is Jimmy Carter? Is he in New York yet? Or has he been there? Or is he not going?

frustrated_1
09-14-2001, 07:36 PM
Yea, Muslims should not be blamed for the attack. The blame should be put on the terrorists only. All the Muslims I know were just as shocked and terrified like the rest of us. Also, I bet there were Muslims that were killed in the WTC attacks. Only terrorists can stoop to the level of killing their own people. Many people of different nationality and religion were killed. Muslims aren't to be blamed, the cowards that did this are...

mrk468zz
09-14-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by antfarm007
By the way, where is Jimmy Carter? Is he in New York yet? Or has he been there? Or is he not going? [/B]

Jimmy Carter, along with former presidents Bush and Clinton, attended the memorial service at the National Cathedral today. The only former president to tour the disaster was Clinton, and that's because he lives in NY now.

Metalhead 777
09-15-2001, 10:35 AM
I don't think we should go in and terrorize all the Arab countries. But I do agree with what Bush said: "We will make no distinction between the terrorists and those who harbor them." I'd say that we need to punish anyone who was even slightly knowingly involved with this. Then wipe out all terrorizim(sp?) around the world. Escpecially Bin Laden and his naughty lil' peeps.

CrystalKat
09-15-2001, 10:59 AM
Regardless of what the United States will try to do, we will not be able to get rid of all terrorism -- so long as hate and differences exist, so will terrorism. But what will be done is they will be sent a message that no matter when nor where they act, those actions will not be tolerated by any country of the world. Soon, there will be no safe harbor for them.

Aaron
09-15-2001, 01:40 PM
I agree, we shouldn't blame the entire Muslim community for this tragedy. Even though bin Laden, the most likely suspect, is a Muslim, he is a finatic. We studied Islam a little while ago in history class. Most of them are very peaceful, and join us in our grief.