PDA

View Full Version : would you be willing

coaster-carl1
09-15-2001, 07:55 PM
I just wanted to know how many of you would be willing to fight if we went to war. I'd be willing but I'm only 13. IN a sense I'm glad because I'm safer, but I'd be willing to help. How about you guys?

The_Evil_Tediz
09-15-2001, 08:11 PM
I would be very willing even though I am 15.

rocketman23
09-15-2001, 09:26 PM
Well, I'm 15 and I'm flat-footed(I hear they don't accept you if you are?), but I don't want to sound unpatriotic but I probably wouldn't unless it was serious. I'm sorry but I'm more of a thinker than a fighter. I also don't think I could handle it.

Joe17123
09-15-2001, 09:41 PM
I would be willing to help my country but im only 14

Jokercoaster
09-15-2001, 09:54 PM
No I would not because I know the reality of war. I am not willing to give my life for this. I'm only 15, thank god so I am protected from going. I would help out in the war effort, but to give my life is simply too much too ask.

SFGadvKing
09-15-2001, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by rocketman23
Well, I'm 15 and I'm flat-footed(I hear they don't accept you if you are?), but I don't want to sound unpatriotic but I probably wouldn't unless it was serious. I'm sorry but I'm more of a thinker than a fighter. I also don't think I could handle it.

is that true? if it is then i wouldnt be able to fight either. well i wouldnt want to fight anyways

edh101985
09-15-2001, 10:09 PM
I dont want a wwIII. I wouldnt want to fight, because i dont want to end up getting killed. I cant anyways because i am 15.

serpent king
09-15-2001, 10:25 PM
Well, they used to not except flat-footed but know they have things that fix that.(im flat-footed too) Well i wouldnt wanna fight, but i would help. I not willing to give my life in a stupid war.

Cuddy
09-16-2001, 12:35 AM
Perhaps some of the elders on this page can help me out...I heard that a draft during non-war is 18-25 yrs old, but during war times is 18-35. Since I am 24, I have no choice but to fight for my country. As far as being willing...I wouldn't be refusing. I wouldn't be running away. This attack has affected me, even though I wasn't personnally linked to any of the victims.

And to be off topic for a second...funny ho the topic of this poll has to do with being willing to fight for your country, and listed in Games. No offense to who posted this or to the mods, but life is not a game, and war is definitely not a game. Maybe an entire category could be created just for the recent attacks on the WTC an the Pentagon. Call it (as the media has) "America Under Attack".

Aaron
09-16-2001, 01:56 AM
I'm 14, and I would not be willing to go to war. I'm not trying to be unpatriotic, and I would support the US if we take military action, but I have no intentions of being in the front lines.

DrachenFire96
09-16-2001, 02:04 AM
I am 25 and I would prefer not to be sent to the front lines if such a war began, but I feel this "war" will be a war of intelligence in that it probably won't ever come to the point of warring countries. We are targeting individuals, not countries...but a country harboring them (Afganistan for example) may cause this to get a little ugly.

TITAN GIRL
09-16-2001, 11:43 PM
I am female and 26, I know they don't draft women but in this day and age they might start! I would, or if they asked for volunteers I would go. I have really been effected by this whole thing! I don't have any friends or family that I know of that were killed but It still has hit me hard! My Grandparents live and hour and a half north of the city, I have grown up going back and forth to NY!I would be willing to give up my life for my fellow Americans and never think twice! I think about the plane that crashed in Pa, and I totally respect those passengers on that plane for what they did, I would have done the same thing by taking the plane down! What did Spock say on Star Trek - He said THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWAY THE NEEDS OF THE FEW! I agree 100% with that!!

phantompenguin
09-17-2001, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by rocketman23

flat footedness is one of those clauses that will make you not get picked. You have to be 17 anyways. I'm 14(will be 15 shortly though) but have some health problems that would keep me out anyways. I couldn't say for sure I'd want to, I just couldn't picture myself killing people...unless they were from Philadelphia(j/k)

Marcus
12-22-2001, 11:29 AM
Im the only male in my family and my father and grandfather were both the only child in there family so I cant be drafted, but I would like to join the US Coast Guard. My great grandfather was a pilot in ww2 so i would join that if i could enlist. I would probably high jack a bunch of bombs and NUKE Osama myslef and with the reward money fo killing him i would use to pay my bail for high jacking nuclear weapons. Though they might giv me the chair, o well.

C
12-22-2001, 11:31 AM
I feint at the sight of blood.

J/k I actually am too chicken to know that I'm going off to die, so my awnser is no.

James
12-22-2001, 12:01 PM
if people 15+ could fight ..i would not because iam a kid i want 2 live if i waas more like in my 20's then i might
but right now i dont want 2 have the chance to die so ill be staying right hear :(

gravitron
12-22-2001, 12:08 PM
man alot of you are pathetic. people died for this country. I WOULD TOO. I love this country

R@ptor
12-23-2001, 08:57 AM
Are some of you crazy or have you just seen too much movies???? Do you know what war is??? I have a friend who escaped the war in former Yugoslavia and now lives in Germany. My both grandfather fought in WW2 and my both great-grandfathers in WW1. My parents grew up in ruins in the 50's after the WW2. And I don't want to experience such a thing myself. It's not worth to die or kill for anything no matter for a country, a person or anything else. All people who say they would like to go to war are (sorry for the expression but it's the truth) nothing else as stupid idiots for me.

Hector
12-23-2001, 10:46 PM
I agree R@ptor. I'm morrally opposed to war. When I turn 18 I'm signing a morally oposed document and if there is a war time draft I would have to do Community service instead of being draged to war. If you think I'm un-patriotic fine I don't care you can't guilt me into fighting because of Sept 11. I do feel bad so many people died but I'm not about to go kill myself over it.

chilled
12-24-2001, 01:57 AM
not a chance in hell. id free to canada. to much to live for

CrystalKat
12-24-2001, 10:24 AM
No, I would not. I'm not entirely unpatriotic, but I disagree with this particular war -- where is the enemy? What is the goal? The plans behind this war are so vague, it could stretch out ad nauseum, and that's not something I support. I support our servicemen, they're not the one giving the orders, and I will support our country, but I will not do so by fighting myself. The bigger fight is against the racism, prejudice, and hatred that causes events like this to happen in the first place.

kickthesky
12-27-2001, 04:52 PM
I have already proudly served my country during the Cold War on the German/Czech border. If I could still enlist again, I would do it in a heartbeat to fight for the freedoms that we so rightly deserve and that have been denied to us by the terrorists.

Cheers,

Bob Hansen

Kraken
12-27-2001, 07:40 PM
"The goal of war is not to die for your country. It's to make some other poor bastard die for his country!"

Did you know who said that? George Patton. You never go to a war to die for your country! You go to live!

If I was called do duty(though the military right now is far from having to draft people), I would go and fight, and kill as many terrorists as I could.

-To all those people who wouldn't want to fight, or have mecial conditions-I understand that. It is hard to kill people. But to those who would flee, and refuse even if drafted...ok. Go live your life in peace, while others fight so you can live in peace. Run away , while others are killed for your safety.

coasterfreak1080
12-27-2001, 09:04 PM
Im 11 and i am willing i am a very small target to be hit with a gun and i have excellent aim with guns since i hunt sumtimes.

whirl n hurl
12-28-2001, 12:17 AM
Well, I just passed enlistment age, I think. I would, however, be willing to do anything I could to help the war effort here at home.

Hector
12-29-2001, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by chilled
not a chance in hell. id free to canada. to much to live for

The thing with doing that is that is called Treason and can be punishable by death. They probably wouldn't sentence it but it is possible.

I_heart_airtime
12-29-2001, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by RCFreak

The thing with doing that is that is called Treason and can be punishable by death. They probably wouldn't sentence it but it is possible.

LOL!

It's called draft dodging and you might go to jail for like 3 months. Hell, they're even saying that the American that was fighting for the Taliban won't be charged with trieson. I'm far to political to get into this, but no. Actually, hell no. Not a chance. I'd kill myself before I'd go off in this war as things stand right now.

antfarm007
01-04-2002, 05:11 PM
I'd be willing to hack computers and do computer based stuff, but I'm sure a pretty rich college boy going to harvard like me wouldn't have to fight. It'd be this countries loss!!!