PDA

View Full Version : Tonights Midnight Sermon: X-Flight

VorTeX
05-18-2001, 12:19 AM
Brothers and sisters, I have seen the X-Flight and have marveled at its neon-green beauty.
<BR>
<BR>Brothers and sisters, I have watched the X-Flight as it it took its test laps, streaking and through the sky.
<BR>
<BR>Brothers and sisters, I have heard the screams of the special people who got to ride it first.
<BR>
<BR>And brothers and sisters, I have ridden the X-Flight. And to quote the good book: "... it was good."
<BR>
<BR>For brothers and sisters, there is nothing, I say NOTHING like diving straight down inside its loop. And there is nothing like the barrel rolls. And the belly-chopper helix is out of this world!
<BR>
<BR>Yes, four times I rode it, and I can tell you this: If you're anywhere within 600 miles, you should already be booking reservations to ride this puppy!
<BR>
<BR>*ahem*
<BR>
<BR>But seriously folks, I had a fun time at the X-Flight commercial shoot today. There was a lot of waiting while they worked on getting it operational, but we spent our waiting time talking and strolling through the empty park. When you're around fellow enthusiasts, time flies.
<BR>
<BR>I had to leave early (I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before and it was starting to wear on me) or I would've probably gotten quite a few more rides in. All the same, the four I had were excellent. The G-Forces in the loop are simply incredible. And I found the 4th car to give the most intense ride.
<BR>
<BR>My only complaint about the ride is that you're looking up at the sun on the lift hill.. quite an annoyance. Soon forgotten once the car flips over, however.
<BR>
<BR>Also, that helix at the end has an awesome "belly chopper" effect, quite cool.
<BR>
<BR>A few random notes on the commercial shoo itself:
<BR>I wish my girlfriend could have come, anyone accompianing a female got priority.
<BR>
<BR>The lunch they gave us was from some organic foods catering company that was excellent!
<BR>
<BR>Their shameless demographics searching was interesting, but of course understandable since it was a commercial shoot and all.
<BR>
<BR>:--:
<BR>
<BR>So yeah, I had a really fun time and recommend anyone who's able to go take an X-Flight.
<BR>
<BR>_________________
<BR>VorTeX
<BR>Cedar Point Season Pass Holder
<BR>
<BR>I believe in life BEFORE death.
<BR>
<BR>A society without religion is like a crazed psycopath without a loaded .45
<BR>
<BR>Got Questions?
<BR><!-- BBCode auto-link start --><a href="http://www.fallentree.org" target="_blank">http://www.fallentree.org</a><!-- BBCode auto-link end --><BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boardadmin on 2001-07-14 16:35 ]</font>