PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck did all the threads go?

Diamond Stud
09-23-2001, 10:09 PM
I'm noticing that a lot of threads in all categories just randomly disappeared. Does this mean that we can restart those threads that we can't find now?

Erik Johnson
09-23-2001, 10:13 PM
What threads are disappearing? Some threads may get moved, but none ever get deleted unless they're pure spam.

Diamond Stud
09-23-2001, 10:18 PM
Well, American Coasters says it has 3096 threads, but there are only 9 pages and I know thats not 3096. Same way with American Parks - 1215 threads and 3 pages. Heck, even this category supposedly has 208 threads but I can only see the one page.

Raptor
09-23-2001, 11:15 PM
Also, most of the Dark Rides threads and Water Rides threads have disappeared. Do Threads get deleted after no responses for a long time?

frustrated_1
09-23-2001, 11:19 PM
The old threads do "disappear" but you still should be able to search for and find them, so you shouldn't restart those threads. If you wanna view old threads, just change the option in your User CP so that you can view really old threads.

Erik Johnson
09-24-2001, 12:40 AM
Oh, I see what you mean. On the bottom of the forum topic list, you can choose to have more or less threads displayed. We simply keep the older threads out-of-sight in the main forum because it keeps the board cleaner. All of them are completely accessible if you choose to be able to view them.

DrachenFire96
09-24-2001, 01:29 AM
Yeah I noticed it too, but I didn't realize it was something I had set up on my options. I had it set to view only posts from the last 2 days, so old threads never showed up. I wondered why at times when I look at recent posts, I have 9 pages, and then a few hours later, refreshing it would only give me 3 pages...it was because I had my options set that way. I had to reset that on my puter to see older threads.