PDA

View Full Version : Best River Rapids

Elrocko
10-08-2001, 12:00 PM
What's your favorite?

wahooskipper
10-08-2001, 12:13 PM
I really enjoyed the one at Kennywood but I hear that Popeye and Bluto's at IOA is pretty cool. I don't ride them much b/c I hate to get soaking wet.

CrystalKat
10-08-2001, 01:38 PM
Personally, not only do I not like to get wet, but I find the waterfalls can be pretty painful, at least they give me a headache. Thunder Canyon at CP can be nice and peaceful, and it's great to be on the deck overlooking the canyon and watch everyone get soaked -- especially those who you know have never been on the ride before based on their reactions. :D I'd heard about Tasmanian River Rapids at Wild Adventures, and can't wait to go to that one (goes underwater, or through a tunnel at least), hopefully soon!

Chip
10-08-2001, 07:27 PM
I'm not too crazy about river rapids because I hate getting soaking wet, but Popeye and Bluto at IOA blew every single other ride out of the water! I never thought that theming could make or break a ride, and boy was I wrong! This ride rocks! The ride is good itself, but the theming totally blew me away! There was a story happening as we were on the ride! I loved it! I don't think I can look at another water ride the same for the rest of my life!

Rockrc480
10-08-2001, 07:51 PM
Popeye and Bluto's. It also has good themeing.

Jokercoaster
10-08-2001, 08:05 PM
I like Tiger Rapids Run at the Animal Kingdom at WDW, the theming was great and the 2 elephants at the end that squirt you are pretty cool

Aaron
10-08-2001, 08:40 PM
My favorite is DCA's Grizzly River Run, although Popeye and Bluto's is a close second.

CoolCoasterKid
10-08-2001, 09:06 PM
Definitely Popeye and Bluto's. The only other one that I've ever been on is Congo River Rapids at SFGAdv., which scared me to death when I was 4 or 5...I haven't been on since, partially because I haven't seen it open that much until this year, when I'm too busy riding Nitro :)

Pauleycoaster
10-08-2001, 11:39 PM
Bluto's Bilge Barges is awsome...the themeing is great and you get soaked on it. The cool thing, something I had not seen before, is that there is a storage compartment in the center of the craft to put things you don't want to get wet!

Erik Johnson
10-08-2001, 11:48 PM
This is a repeat topic and as such it shall be closed. Please use the search function in the future so as to avoid this incredible unfortunate and annoying situation. Thanks.

http://www.coasterchat.com/boards/showthread.php?threadid=3752