PDA

View Full Version : I think Osama bin laden is dead

Kraken
10-11-2001, 05:35 PM
As of 4: 40 P.M. Central time on October 11, 2001, I think Osama bin laden is dead or captured. As you know, Bush will be making a Press confrence tonight. I beleive he will tell us that bin Laden is either dead or captured. Why would he call a conference to tell us what we already know? The FBI has also made a statement that more terrorist attacks are likeley wihin the next few days. I think this is because Osama's supporters will get pissed that he is dead. Anyway...we shall see.

edh101985
10-11-2001, 05:41 PM
Both of them are good news! Finally, we are getting our revenge. I just hope they dont do anything back like i have in this post: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11957

Amy
10-11-2001, 06:04 PM
The FBI and other people have been announcing since about a week ago or more I believe that they are 100% certain that another terrorist attack with happen in the US before October is over. I heard it on WCBS Newsradio 88 on the way upstate last week.

theforce
10-11-2001, 06:28 PM
I hope its true that Bin Laden is dead. Even if he has been killed there is still his large network or terrosrist and follers left. If bin laden were killed they would see him as a martyr and still attack us for revenge.

Chip
10-11-2001, 06:28 PM
That's good that bin Laden is dead or captured! He's such an idiot! I do not like the idea of another terrorist strike. I wonder what it would be this time? I don't wanna think about it. Too scary. One thing sucks about him being dead, though: now he's a martyr for his cause. All his followers will think he's the highest now since he died for his cause! They might also try to get revenge or something now and that could be the second wave of attacks. This is insane. What is happening to our world?!

The_Evil_Tediz
10-11-2001, 06:39 PM
Sorry to stomp on your hopes, but I do not believe this. He is hiding deep in some hidden caves, and besides, killing him is not our main priority. Our main priority is to fight terrorism. It would be great if he was dead, but I just don't think he is.

Cuddy
10-11-2001, 06:49 PM
Funny...all of you assume Bin laden is dead. Kraken said, "I think he is dead." I have not seen any news sites that have confirmed this. I just hope that the terrorist strikes do NOT occur. That is one thing that scares me, and before this, nothing really has.

Sir Willow
10-11-2001, 07:02 PM
Sorry guys, but the press conference is just to keep us updated on what is happening. If the guy was dead I'm quite sure we would have heard about it already. Wishful thinking, but not yet.

As for a terrorist attack in the US as repercusion, yes it is possible, and likely planned, but they are taking steps way beyond anything they have before to prevent it. I'm certainly not worried about it happening at this point. And the key is to continue doing what we would be doing anyways. To do otherwise is to give the terrorists the exact victory that they are hoping for.

CrystalKat
10-11-2001, 07:08 PM
I agree with Sir Willow -- the purpose tonight is most likely just to keep us updated on what has happened, what is happening now, and what the President intends to do in the next few weeks.

Personally, while I think additional attacks are quite likely, I don't think they will yet be in the US again -- more likely on embassies or other US territory abroad, where security measures are not quite what they can be here. But I will be most gratified to not have any more attacks happen at all, but we shall see.

Pantera Psycho
10-11-2001, 07:18 PM
Yeah, it is probably just to keep us updated, but oh how I'd love to hear that we'd captured him.

TopGun77
10-11-2001, 07:21 PM
I am really afraid of niological warfare..they could dump some nasty ^&%$ from crop dusetrs over sports events, or mass mail poison like that guy who git anthrax....scares the hell outta me.

SFGadvKing
10-11-2001, 07:24 PM
well if he is dead then we better wrap his remains in pig skin, then that will show all the other terrorists to stop

Kraken
10-11-2001, 07:55 PM
Nevermind...looks like my prediction was wrong. I never said he was dead, I just thought he might be. In my opinion the best thing to do would be to capture him, and bury him out in a desert. Then, say that we haven't killed or captured him, so it looks to his supporters that he ran away like a coward.

Aaron
10-11-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Melissa

Personally, while I think additional attacks are quite likely, I don't think they will yet be in the US again -- more likely on embassies or other US territory abroad, where security measures are not quite what they can be here. I agree. If there is retaliation, it probably won't be in the U.S. Bin Laden may be a twisted freak, but he's not stupid enough to try to attack us at this time where we react instantaneously to something that we wouldn't even care about before September 11. But I'm not so sure about the U.S. Today, the local paper said Britain could be a likely target, and with security there not as tight as it is in the U.S., it could happen. But I hope that we can disable the terrorist network before it causes any more damage.

Jim Payne
10-11-2001, 08:51 PM
He's not dead folks. Just got a briefing at work.

whirl n hurl
10-12-2001, 03:47 AM
Even if we did kill him, they say his leuitenants are really the brains of the operation. We would have to get the whole chain of command--which I hope we do eventually.

James
10-12-2001, 04:36 PM
i think if you think he dead you need to think about thinkking about what your thinkking about (ya think) :confused:

Andy Rathe
10-12-2001, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by CedarFairMaster
But I'm not so sure about the U.S. Today, the local paper said Britain could be a likely target, and with security there not as tight as it is in the U.S., it could happen.

I'm not sure where you got this from, but here in Britain security is just as tight as the US; indeed before the NYC attacks it was FAR tighter - I'll come back to that in a minute.

Because of Northern Ireland, we have had to deal with terrorism on a daily basis, up until a couple of years ago, for the past 40-or-so years. Yes, bombs have gone off during that time, but many more have been foiled by good policing and vigilance by the public, through spotting unattended bags, etc. Believe me, if you leave anything unattended in a public place in Britain, the police will have it taken away and destroyed in about six minutes flat!

Also, due to our being closer to Russia during the cold war, and closer to the Balkans and Middle East today, we were and still are always at a greater threat than the US of a surprise attack. Therefore, our security and police forces have had a somewhat more "direct" and real exposure to terrorists and hostile nations. And like anything else in life, no amount of training will substitute for experience.

Then there is the matter of airports. I've flown to the USA seven times since 1988, and every single time (apart from the last, which was 10 days after the attacks), I have been AMAZED at the complete, total and abject lack of security at US airports. I'll give you a few of examples, which I assure you are 100% true.

1) All checked-in bags not scanned. I asked at Los Angeles why this wasn't done, as was told that there wasn't a perceived risk, this was in 1994, so they only scanned 1 in 20 bags. This means a bomb stood a 95% chance of getting on a plane undetected! In Britain, ALL checked baggage is scanned.

2) People not flying accompanying family members to departure gates. This means they could pass a bomb, weapon, anything to people boarding a plane who have already passed through security checks. Again, in Britain, only people flying are allowed to the gate, everyone else isn't allowed past security.

3) Allowing knives on board planes. Again, before the attacks, if you'd boarded a plane in the US with a cardboard cutter (like the terrorists), you'd have been OK. In Britain, it would have been confiscated, and you may well have been arrested to boot.

In short, all the extra security measures that have been implemented in the USA since the attacks are things that have been common practice in Britain and many other European countries for decades. It's a pity so many people had to die before the USA caught up.

squeemu
10-12-2001, 06:56 PM
About the worries of more attacks: I'm sure the FBI knows what they are talking about, they are much more skilled and know much more than me. However, many terrorists like to talk a lot. Bin Laden has been talking about striking the U.S. for years, and he did only a couple of times. They want you to be sitting there scared out of your minds. Just go about your normal lives...the government is trying their hardest to remedy the situation. Assets have been frozen, camps have been destroyed, people have been arrested...for all we know the terrorists are shaking in their boots right now and are just talking big to scare us into stopping. Again, this is ALL speculation, and I could be 100 percent wrong. Just continue to pray like we have been and keep the patriotic spirit alive...don't loose trust in God. He is in control ultimately.

coastersrsweet
10-12-2001, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by edh101985
Both of them are good news! Finally, we are getting our revenge. I just hope they dont do anything back like i have in this post: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11957

That is a hoax to spread panic not true. The FBI did no such thing!!! I hope Bin Laden is deag Bush did not say anything about him being dead I sure hope so. But we dont know now???

edh101985
10-12-2001, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by coastersrsweet

That is a hoax to spread panic not true. The FBI did no such thing!!! I hope Bin Laden is deag Bush did not say anything about him being dead I sure hope so. But we dont know now???

i know that now. I didnt know about the site that had all the rumors about the WTC. The only reason i posted that was because it was on the radio and the radio station called that number and found out it was real. I am so glad it was a Hoax though. I am so scared since their are so many threats to the US. I really hope we can stop terrorism.

Cycovisions3
10-13-2001, 01:39 AM
To kill Bin Laden is a goal but it won't solve the problem. If you kill him someone else will take his place and the al-Qadia operation continues. To beat them you have to take out the whole base of the network.

I would not be worried about a terroist strike here in the US. I know one is coming but our security is so tight that they will have to come up with a new method to hit us. They won't hijacking another plane, I know that, cause if they do you'll have 200 patriotic passengers that'll overthrow the hijackers like they did with that idoit in Chicago. It'll probably in the form of biological warfare and maybe it had already started with that anthrax case in Florida.

*note* That office with the anthrax is a part of Star (or another supermarket tabloid) that once ran a story about bin Laden's past girlfriends and his sex life. They also said that some of the hijackers had subscription to them which is rare cause most of their business is from the supermarket.

RagingBull#1
10-13-2001, 11:20 AM
i hope we find him quick

TITAN GIRL
10-14-2001, 11:55 AM
WE AREN'T THAT LUCKY!!!!!!! :mad:

Jim Payne
10-15-2001, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Andy Rathe

1) All checked-in bags not scanned. I asked at Los Angeles why this wasn't done, as was told that there wasn't a perceived risk, this was in 1994, so they only scanned 1 in 20 bags. This means a bomb stood a 95% chance of getting on a plane undetected! In Britain, ALL checked baggage is scanned.

Fixed bag scanners cost $8 million each. Not only are they expensive, they are equal in size to a mid-size car. The baggage systems in place would be impossible to retrofit in such a short time. Not to mention that fact that such scanners have an 8 month backlog.

2) People not flying accompanying family members to departure gates. This means they could pass a bomb, weapon, anything to people boarding a plane who have already passed through security checks. Again, in Britain, only people flying are allowed to the gate, everyone else isn't allowed past security.

The same is now true in the US.

3) Allowing knives on board planes. Again, before the attacks, if you'd boarded a plane in the US with a cardboard cutter (like the terrorists), you'd have been OK. In Britain, it would have been confiscated, and you may well have been arrested to boot.

We never had any reason in the past to expect that such measures would be exploited.

Cuddy
10-15-2001, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Cycovisions3
To kill Bin Laden is a goal but it won't solve the problem. If you kill him someone else will take his place and the al-Qadia operation continues. To beat them you have to take out the whole base of the network.

I saw un USA TOday a few weeks ago that they were doing stories on these students who claim to be the next Osama's. This scares me, but if the air strikes wipe them out then we should be safe...as long as we don't hit a camel in a $10 tent in the butt.

RagingBull#1
10-15-2001, 06:39 PM
dont worry about hitting that tent thing, that only happened when clinton was in charge. as for bin laden. he is their leader, and these non structural groups tend to fold when their leader is killed. and also who is inheriting his millions they need to do all this stuff, his family in the us who disowned him.

KoasterKing
10-17-2001, 04:24 PM
osma bin laden must die!!!lil turban wearing butthead lol j/k unfortinatly hes not dead

CPFan
10-19-2001, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Amy
The FBI and other people have been announcing since about a week ago or more I believe that they are 100% certain that another terrorist attack with happen in the US before October is over. I heard it on WCBS Newsradio 88 on the way upstate last week.

I think the next terrorist attacks are the Anthrax things.

Kraken
11-08-2001, 08:42 PM
Mods, how about closing this? It's old as dirt.

Andy Rathe
11-09-2001, 06:29 PM
I'll leave it open for the time being. Everything is still very fluid regarding terrorism, etc. If no-one posts for a long time it'll drift down to the bottom of the pile anyway.

Raptor
11-09-2001, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Kraken
Mods, how about closing this? It's old as dirt.

Yeah. Actually, they should take the Attack on America off of important status.

Rebel2000
11-09-2001, 11:16 PM
This thread is like a month old! He isn't dead. I wish he was, though.

Andy Rathe
11-11-2001, 10:14 AM
He certainly isn't dead yet. There was an transcripted interview with him in today's paper. Apparently a Pakistani journalist was taken to an underground hideout near Kabul, where Bin-Laden is currently hiding. I gues the journalist was blindfolded or something to ensure he doesn't know where the place is though.

RagingBull#1
11-11-2001, 10:21 AM
yea and when he was interviewing him they heard anti aircraft fire