PDA

View Full Version : Park to visit during CP trip!!!!!

daobrecht
10-13-2001, 02:20 AM
Very little has gone into my CP trip planning with the distance away the trip is.But we are trying to decide now on an additional park to stop at on the way there or back.We are leaning toward Holiday World on the way back.What do you guys think?:cool:

KoasterKing
10-13-2001, 09:34 AM
PKI its the best out of those

RagingBull#1
10-13-2001, 10:38 AM
i actually did this last summer. we went to cp and on the way we went to pki then when we were there we went to sfwoa for a day. i was really dissapointed in pki. they didn't have that many modern rides, and the highest coaster in the park is wood, that isn't right. some of the coasters were fun though. then we went to sfwoa. they have 3 of my top ten coasters x flight batman knight flight and superman. those were just great. all of the rides in this park are really modern. i actually liked SFWOA a lot better than CP itself.

Jokercoaster
10-23-2001, 07:16 PM
I'd go to Kings Island, because of SOB and Drop Zone, and the Eiffel Tower

PhantomRevnge67
10-23-2001, 07:46 PM
Go to SFWOA. Want to have 2x the fun? Go to SFWOA. CP and it put together is like a dream.

GAcoasterguy
10-23-2001, 07:55 PM
I've done the CP/SFWoA trip twice now, and unless SFWoA gets some better rides, I won't be going back next year. If you like animals, the Wild Life side is great, but after CP, the rides at WoA are pretty lame. I think next year's trip will be CP-PKI-Kennywood and if I can get enough time off from work SFKK, and SFStL. Although my first trip of the season will be SFoG to see the new section/ride.

Raptor
10-23-2001, 08:32 PM
I haven't been to SFWoA, but if you want something almost completely different than Cedar Point, PKI is the way to go. No B&Ms, but great wood coasters.

J-Brew2001
10-23-2001, 08:37 PM
I have actually been on this route myself. Before finishing my last park (CP) I stopped @ PKI. Ohio has incredible theme parks. One highlight of my trip was stopping in Columbus, Ohio on my way to CP. Even though Columbus does not have any major theme parks, it is such a spectacular city and I make it a point to go there everytime I visit CP/PKI

daobrecht
10-26-2001, 01:24 PM
THANK YOU FOR THE THE SUGGESTION'S GUYS..VERY GOOD.BUT SOMETHING CAME UP AND MY TRIP FOR 2002 WILL BRING ME TO Los Angelos California.you might say it's a little SFMM and a little female thing..HEHEHEHE..anyway you guys can shutdown this poll.

Wes
10-28-2001, 08:55 AM
PKI is def the best of those above. The Beast is AWESOME!!! 4 minutes plus coaster, can't find that anywhere else. Ihaven't been back since Son of Beast was added, but I hear good things. It's also only about 3 hrs away from Cleveland, so not far.

:cool:

PhantomRevnge67
10-28-2001, 08:28 PM
Screw Holiday World. Go to SFWOA on the way and then hit PKI on the way back.

Marcus
12-13-2001, 09:28 PM
SFWOA is a good park with X-Flight if you never been on a flying coaster cause its worh going to just to ride that. A flying is beyond anything you can imagine. I would go there, only second to CP

James
12-13-2001, 10:15 PM
goto SFWOA they have fun coaster and some good rides + the old Sea World park :)

Graham
12-13-2001, 10:17 PM
Holiday World is a nice park with 2 good coasters and SFWoA is an okay park with 10 good coasters. GO TO SFWOA :)

1984 v. 2.5
12-13-2001, 10:22 PM
I'd definitely go to PKI. I went to both PKI and SFWoA this year and PKI was definitely better. SFWoA is a poorly constructed park, and you must ride the BEAST!