PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Walkthroughs

Fraser
05-21-2001, 04:00 PM
What's everyone's opinion on these? You know the kind of thing - haunted houses with live actors that terrorise you? Are they too intense to be fun?
<BR>Has anyone been on either Terror on Church Street in the U.S. or Pasaje del terror at Blackpool U.K?

Hector
05-23-2001, 08:21 PM
I love them. The first time i've ever been in one was located in a mall. it cost me $5 and took 1/2 an hour to walk throuugh. My favorite parts was:
<BR>
<BR>1) in a small room a life-size train engine and the front of a car came at you. Right before it hit the railing the lights went off and there was an extremly loud crash. The wall opposite the train moved and the was a totaled car w/ a body draped from the side.
<BR>
<BR>2) the spinning tunnel. Always a favorite.
<BR>
<BR>If youve never been to one I suggest you try it unless you know you can't handle it. Personally i like to be scared so I thought it was so fun, others may have a different opinion.

DBCooper
05-23-2001, 08:24 PM
I think haunted walkthroughs, if done right, are terrific--particularly those that nudge you forward, backward, and sideways with different scares.
<BR>
<BR>Done wrong, however--not good.

The Beast
05-24-2001, 09:34 PM
I think theme parks should start putting these in. I mean like permanet ones. not just for Halloween.

Tim Santa Cruz
05-25-2001, 02:30 AM
But then the ones for Halloween wouldn't be as special. I really like what Knott's did last year. Opening the Alien Attack maze to the public in September to get them ready for Halloween Haunt.

DarkRider
05-25-2001, 12:52 PM
I love Haunted Walkthroughs. I love being scared and I really wish that theme parks would install some of these. I know it takes away from the Halloween experience but maybe they just need to step up a notch and make additional ones during Halloween events. Wildwood used to have Castle Dracula (it may still be open) which was great. It had a Haunted Boat Ride called the Dungeon which flowed underneath the castle. There were tons of places for cast members to hide and they almost always got you at least once. God, I miss that.

Kraken
05-26-2001, 09:15 PM
I like ones where you ride in vehicles more.

The Beast
05-29-2001, 08:06 PM
They're called dark rides

Kraken
05-29-2001, 08:21 PM
I know that! I just like the haunted houses like the oneds at Knoabels and Disney more than ones that you walk through!

Tim Santa Cruz
05-29-2001, 08:45 PM
I like Disneylands Haunted Mansion because it's kind of like a combination dark ride and walkthrough ride. There's just no one waiting around the corner to scare you... or is there...
<BR>
<BR>And consider this dismaying observation. This chamber has no windows, and no doors! Which offers you this chilling challenge. To find, a way out!!! HAHAHAHAHA! Of course, there's always my way...

Anaconda
06-16-2001, 08:56 PM
I love them. At Scaremare in Lynchburg, Virginia, its fun, spooky, and humourously at the same time. There's this one room that has a checkerboard theme and has strobe lights and it looks like the people peel off the walls thats how realistic it is.

theriddler
06-17-2001, 10:31 PM
during FrightFest at sfmm they ahd a maze/hauted house and it was freaky. i wasnt scared except for this one part with clowns. evil clowns. think about it.

Magnum will always rule!
06-25-2001, 05:35 PM
don't go one ones at fairs. I swear there was a guy with a real knife!