PDA

View Full Version : Gaming News Shocking Enough for Its Own Thread

swOHman
10-20-2001, 12:43 AM
It is now official to the shock and dismay of every Dreamcast owner out there. Shenmue 2 is now officially canceled for the Dreamcast in the US. Instead it will be moved to the XBox, but before you go out and preorder your XBox immediately you must know that it won't be released until fall of 2002. This news came from the television show Extended Play (9 pm Friday nights on Tech TV). I tried to find an online article, but couldn't find one. Extended Play airs many times over the weekend so if you have Tech TV check your local listings to see when it will air again (if you're still up it will be on 3 AM eastern time).

coasterguy1
10-20-2001, 03:01 PM
Go to www.ign.com for the Shenmue 2 article

Rider
10-20-2001, 09:47 PM
It was on Gamespot a few days ago too.

Too bad, but I didnt play it that much.

intamin101
10-31-2001, 11:16 PM
Are dreamcast games even made anymore???

swOHman
10-31-2001, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by intamin101
Are dreamcast games even made anymore???

I believe there are still a few games slated for releases (I'll have to a little research to find the exact titles). Recently the highly rated game Tennis 2K2 was released. Shenmue 2 was originally going to be released on Dec. 4 for the Dreamcast and was quite possibly going to be the last game for the console, but now that has all changed. It's kind of hard to see this great console die out.

FutureRCdesigner
11-01-2001, 03:56 PM
In 17 days I will be getting a GCN. The game I will be getting will be SUPER MONKEY BALL. It got a perfect 5 Star Rating in 'NINTENDO POWER.' I think gamecube will rock. post here what game you are getting and why???

DyingDutchman
11-03-2001, 05:01 PM
i have a PS2 and a Dreamcast, and i have preordered a gamecube way back in january and im like 2nd on the waiting list at the store so i definitely get one the day it comes out. im getting luigis mansion and wave race blue storm because they got good ratings from gamepro and if gamepro says a game is good, its good. ;)

CoasterFreakMan
11-03-2001, 05:54 PM
i hate to say it but wave race and luigi's mansion are two of the worst launch games for gamecube. I have played both and they didn't meet my high expectations. sorry but super monkey ball and tony hawk 3 and star wars are the best launch games.