PDA

View Full Version : XBox Problems

Rider
10-23-2001, 10:20 PM
At gaming-age.com they report that the demo Xbox units in stores are having problems:
http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2001&m=10&nid=22-159.db

...customers who tried to navigate through menus could do little else but wait while the machine tried to load the next menu. The audio that accompanied the menu screen transition skipped severely as well. After a three minute wait, the Xbox reached the next screen ...

A Babbages employee at the Dearborn, MI store reports that their Xbox unit does not function.

"Out of five stores that have playable demos within a ten mile area, only two have working units," says the employee.

Tim
10-24-2001, 09:14 AM
There may be plenty of reasons for this. Number one, I'm not sure if they XBox itself has proper ventilation, so it may be overheated. After all, it's processor was not built to be couped up in a closed box. Secondly, the kiosks almost definately have poor ventilation. When a machine is running 24 hours a day it is very very important that there be a good air circulation through the box. Almost all kiosks are closed environments, so it is very easy for a machine to overheat. That said, the PS2 and GameCube have not had many problems with heat, but thats because their machines were built to be enclosed and don't produce nearly as much heat as the Xbox.

Whether it is a design flaw on the console or the kiosk remains to be seen.

phantompenguin
10-24-2001, 09:32 AM
the X-Box at my local Toys"R"Us doesn't work either, it just constantly says "LOADING", never changing screens. Even when you hit the reset button...

The kiosk doesn't look like a problem seeing as how the 1 year old PS2 sampler still works fine and does the 4 year old N64...

coasterguy1
10-26-2001, 08:52 AM
i knew that the XBox had problems. That is why the date was pushed back. this could be very bad for Microsoft.

ghosta
10-26-2001, 03:34 PM
Thats why im not goin to buy X Box. microsoft is new in the buisness so of course it wont be as great as the hype is.

Tim
10-26-2001, 03:49 PM
Flextronics, the manufacturer of the Xbox, reported a net loss of $329.8 million, or 69 cents per diluted share, compared with net earnings of $49.9 million, or 10 cents, a year ago. They also layed off 10,000 workers and closed up to 4 million square feet of manufacturing space.

Whether this has to do will many of the reported problems with the Xbox remains to be seen, but it certainly cannot be good news for Microsoft.

AZ RIDER
10-26-2001, 06:56 PM
Hahahahaha, i knew Microsoft would mess up somewhere and somehow.

Rider
10-27-2001, 12:18 PM
In the Detroit Free Press about 6 months ago they said that Microsoft was going to lose $2 Billion on Xbox and that would have to be paid off in sales before they started to make a profit.

FutureRCdesigner
10-27-2001, 01:54 PM
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahah
thats funny, thats why I chose Gamecube. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

intamin101
10-28-2001, 05:58 PM
Well, while you all wait, I will enjoy my ps2 now!

Marc
11-03-2001, 03:03 AM
my ps2 has a nice big vent witha a fan that keeps me playing for hours on end. muahahahahaha

DyingDutchman
11-03-2001, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by intamin101
Well, while you all wait, I will enjoy my ps2 now!
yea lol same here. i love my ps2. not to say i didnt like playing HALO all day long at babbages its a good game, but still.

bigbadwolf17
11-11-2001, 11:47 AM
I am an employee at funcoland and we recently got in an x- box. Yesterday, suddenly it shut off and went to a black screen. The black screen lasted for about two hours and wouldnt play any games! Freaking Microsoft! Oh yeah the controller sucks too!

coasterfreak1080
11-11-2001, 03:30 PM
PS2 rocks. i new microsoft would fail somewhere along the line since they never made a consol before. bye bye some money for mr. bill gates

theforce
11-11-2001, 05:25 PM
hahaha! This is going to be a diusaster for M$! Owell they can afford it and they will be back with a new counsol if xbox fails.

cedar_point_lover
11-11-2001, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by theforce
hahaha! This is going to be a diusaster for M$! Owell they can afford it and they will be back with a new counsol if xbox fails.

Yep they keep coming back with new oses that seem to fail. And its not a surprise to me at all the microsoft messed it up. Microsoft messes up everything somehow. Like how windows XP only has partial drivers so they could get more hardware support.

dukesta226
11-14-2001, 04:45 PM
I played at Best Buy today. First, i hate the controllers for X Box. I used to think i would love them since i like dreamcast's. they are horrible. They are too bulky and the button placements are bad. I played Nfl fever and i thought it was a pretty good game but where are the great graphics. I used to think X Box was goin to blow PS2 out of the water but nowPS2 is goin to Crush. I then went to play Gamecube i absolutley loved it. I am going to buy that instead of X now

ghosta
11-14-2001, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by dukesta226
I played at Best Buy today. First, i hate the controllers for X Box. I used to think i would love them since i like dreamcast's. they are horrible. They are too bulky and the button placements are bad. I played Nfl fever and i thought it was a pretty good game but where are the great graphics. I used to think X Box was goin to blow PS2 out of the water but nowPS2 is goin to Crush. I then went to play Gamecube i absolutley loved it. I am going to buy that instead of X now

Out of the 3 which did u think was the best?

Tim
11-14-2001, 07:45 PM
I would say that since he went in wanting a Xbox and came out wanting a GameCube, that he thinks that is the best.