PDA

View Full Version : Lord Of The Rings!!!

ThrillNetwork
06-01-2001, 09:31 AM
I for one can't wait till it comes out! I heard a rumor that at Cannes they showed 25 minutes of the Orc battle and afterwards it got a 20 minute standing ovation. Wow!

S&SFAN
06-01-2001, 05:28 PM
I saw the new trailer for this when I saw Pearl Harbor last weekend. This wasn't the trailers they have on the web. It was brand new and it was unbelievable. This trilogy is going to rock. I'm reading the last book right now!

Anaconda
06-01-2001, 09:00 PM
I can't wait until the movie comes out.

MPD47
06-02-2001, 12:20 AM
Although the Lord of the Rings looks cool im more looking forward to Beneath the Ice (next bond film) The Matrix 2 & 3 and Star Wars Episode II & III.

Nosk8er
06-02-2001, 01:25 PM
heck no i lookin forward lord of the rings way more than start wars or bond.... matrix ought to be pretty cool though..

Coaster Canuck
06-03-2001, 12:21 AM
I'm really looking forward to the LOTR movies. The stat wars series is way to hyped up. Epsidode One was a big let down.

AZ RIDER
10-24-2001, 12:22 PM
Do you think Lord Of The Rings will be a big success, be a mediocre film, or a bomb????

I think it will be a huge success based on the really big fan base of the books, and the awesomeness of the previews.

Pantera Psycho
10-24-2001, 01:43 PM
I think there's a good chance that it will be successful. Right now I'm really hoping that they include the Lord of the Rings series composed by Johan De Meij in the soundtrack or score, or just play it at different parts of the movie, that's some good stuff. Getting back on subject though, I think the movie will be pretty good unless they try to overdo it, but I have a feeling that they'll keep it under control.

rocketman23
10-24-2001, 04:56 PM
I tell you one thing, I won't see it. Fantasy really puts me to sleep, on the other hand sci-fi I really enjoy. I consider LOTR a fantasy. I tried reading Dune(fantasy), and could not finish it. I read all the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy(sci-fi) series. There's kinda my views.

Coaster131
10-24-2001, 06:29 PM
It was a great series of books...the only problem is:

The movies will suck.

Why?

Elijah Wood stars in them.

Anything starring Elijah Wood is terrible. I know that, you know that, we all know that. He is just a horrid actor! Name one good movie from him! Flipper? Nope. Deep Impact? Nope. Go ahead and try.

X-Cellent
10-24-2001, 06:38 PM
Judging from the previews it looks like we will get the next Star wars like franchise. The previews look excellent hopefully like they won't overdo it like Pantera Pyscho said

AZ RIDER
10-24-2001, 07:17 PM
Coaster131, i can name a couple of good movies that he has been.

Forever Young
The Good Son
North
and The Faculty

All were good movies, and he did a good job acting in all of them.

big_e
12-19-2001, 09:10 PM
Well I just got back from seeing Lord of the Rings, all I can say is that it is an awesome movie, and i think everyone should see it. It has everything comedy, action, and suspense in one movie. The amount of work that went into it is amazing. I give it two thumbs up!!!!

Limacoasterboy
12-19-2001, 09:20 PM
I too just saw the movie and I just want to say that this is one of the best movies ever made. Personaly, with the movies of this year, I wasn't excepting anything great. Well this movie was far from what I excepted. Its long, yet it has abosutly no down time in action. The movie wasn't hard to follow at all and from what I heard, from a friend who saw the movie with me, that the movie didn't leave anything out from the book. I can't wait until the next one comes out. So if any of you peoples want to see a good movie this Christmas break, see Lord Of The Rings.

Marcus
12-19-2001, 09:34 PM
I cant wait to see this movie!!!!! I was rather disappointed with Harry Potter but this looks like a really good movie. The plot itself looks inviting enough with mythical creatures and battles and wizards, this is my kind of movie. And the graphics look really good, ill probably be there opening day or the day after if the line is too crowded.

intamin101
12-19-2001, 09:35 PM
Everything that I have seen about this movie looks good, so I am probably going to go out and see it. I mean even with just the effects, the movie looks great.

Limacoasterboy
12-19-2001, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by CeDaRPoInTzTeR
ill probably be there opening day or the day after if the line is too crowded.

Did you know that it opeaned today (that how big_e and my self were able to see it)? And the effects rivial that of star wars.

Marcus
12-19-2001, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Limacoasterboy

Did you know that it opeaned today (that how big_e and my self were able to see it)? And the effects rivial that of star wars.

D'oh!!!!! Well tomarrow looks better than because the lines were probably long to get into the theatre. But by the way you describe it, i wish i would of known earlier.

big_e
12-19-2001, 10:52 PM
Well this is just some advice to people that are going to see it this weekend, get there early!!! i can not express this enough. I had to wait 30 min in line to get tickets, and when i got out of the movie theater there was about 250 people waiting in line to go see it. It was mayhem in the theaters.

coasterlove
12-19-2001, 11:59 PM
I was really surprised at how much I liked this movie. It was truly an epic film. I heard that the three LoTR films together cost $300 million. After seeing it, it's hard to believe that's all it cost. There is so much on the screen to behold. The visuals as well as the locations were great looking. If you plan on going this weekend, expect long lines and lots of people, you'll almost feel like you're waiting in line for a coaster.

Andy Hodgson
12-20-2001, 09:23 AM
I just saw it last night from 9PM to 12AM, and I must say that it was amazing. I was dissappointed with some parts though, since it didn't follow to book exactly. Such parts were in the beginning, and if anyone else read the book and saw the movie, they know what I am talking about. Also, that changed the ending a little by adding that battle, plus they added a whole new species in the movie. Next, Saruman was in this movie 4 times more than he was mentioned in the book. Anyways, I still LOVED the movie. I guess I was just really picky because I couldn't see it on our IMAX down here, and that I had to sit in a theater full of loud, ignorant people. (Which the theater could only fit 55).

So......my ratings would be

Excitement-- 10 definitely
Suspense-- 9.5
Hollywood's Impression on some things-- 8
Lived up to the hype-- 10 (this going on the majority of the non-readers)
My Overall Grade-- 9.5 (A Definite Must See, Must Buy, and Must Treasure)

Greg Johnson
12-20-2001, 10:03 AM
I just saw it too. I never read the book (im not into reading, other than James Bond books) I thought the CG scenes were amazing, and the final fight scene was pretty cool too. I thought there were a few slow points, but other than that it was great

PhantomRevnge67
12-20-2001, 10:59 AM
i heard that movie was awesome

oldCP'er
12-20-2001, 11:25 AM
I plan to see it after the crowds die down. I've read the books several times, once in my teens, once in my early 30's, and a couple years ago (my son had to read the books for school). The reviews I'm getting from friends, the net and the newspapers are all very good.

Smoky
12-20-2001, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Coaster131
Elijah Wood stars in them. Could be worse, I mean the lead could have been played by: Leonardo DeCaprio (Self-explanitory)
Jonathan Taylor Thomas (*ugh*)
Macauly Culkin (his 15 mins of fame were up long ago)
Justin Timberlake (self-explanitory)
Kevin Costner (who ruined Robin Hood badly)You get the picture.

The reviews in the papers for the movie have been good, but I'll probably wait till its out on video tape or video disc before I see it. Many reviews however note that if you like the movie, you must read the book to get the full depth. And if you like the book, you'll like the movie, but will note that many things were left out (well you know how hollywood is.)

Anyway as long as it could obliterate Vanilla Sky (that movie was boring IMO) from the top spot, I'll be ok with it.

Only problem, those of us who have read the books know what the ending is right? Hollywood is going to make us wait till 2003 to see the ending. Now I believe this series of movies will definately make back the $300 million they spent on the movies, but still, why not pt.2 open for the summer of next year, and pt.3 open for xmas instead?

Chip
12-20-2001, 05:16 PM
Oh my gosh! I have wasted my life! The film was AMAZING! AHH! Words cannot express how great this film was. It wasn't the best film I have seen, but it is really good! The film was really long and I saw it at 10:30, so I didn't get home until about 2:00 am (good thing for winter break!). I really should go out and read the books. I have read The Hobbit and there were some parts in this film that mentioned parts from that book. The CGI scenes were excellent and the acting was superb. Not too many movies give me chills as I watch them, but this did that throughout the film! Watch it! It's excellent!

Skeeber
12-20-2001, 07:43 PM
I cannot begin to express my feelings for this movie...

Without a doubt it's the greatest movie I've ever seen.

I really don't know what else to say... Go and see it, you will not be dissapointed.

DrachenFire96
12-20-2001, 07:52 PM
I hear excellent reviews from people at work that saw it last night. They said it was an incredible movie, albiet 3 hours long. I tried to see it last night, but the show I went to see was sold out...and I won't get another chance until after christmas, but I truly can't wait, from what I've heard said about it, it is simply unbelievable. I envy those that have seen it.

The_Evil_Tediz
12-20-2001, 09:01 PM
I have also heard excellent reviews. I can't go to the theater because there is nobody to take me, but I will probably get to see it soon. I have a friend who can get movies on DVD before they come out.

Limacoasterboy
12-20-2001, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Andy Hodgson
plus they added a whole new species in the movie.

What species are you talking about? I talked to several people and they didn't see a new species. The only one they could think was the super org type thing (I think thats what its called, and it was the one that lead those guys into battle to retrive the ring at the end, he also got his head removed).

Nosk8er
12-21-2001, 02:26 AM
omg, i just saw this movie, it is utterly breathtaking, i consider myself to have good taste in movies, this was a great film. Its hard to imagine acadamy awards that it wont be nominated for. It starts off good, then keeps getting faster and faster......... by the end u are just emersed and in awe of the film. The best thing is, its a three hour movie, and in the end, it leaves you wanting so much more.

BrooklynRider
12-21-2001, 08:47 AM
I saw it opening night. I haven't read any of the books, and I think this accounts for my feelings that the movie was good - but not great.

DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET

I think that for the viewer unfamiliar with the books, there was alot for the director & screenwriter to convey in setting up the story. The first twenty minutes were pure narrative. A friend I was with told be Bilbo Baggins was a major character in the book, but he seemed very secondary on the movie.

I thought the action sequences were excellent. I think that the computer animated scenes were good, but just as in most other films employing this technology when the camera panned quickly the blur was dizzying.

They were certain parts of the movie that didn't make a lot of sense - what was Cate Blanchett's character all about? What was the relationship between the two wizards?

I left the movie with a strong desire to read the book and VERY disappointed that I didn't before viewing the film. It is clear that it is a very interesting and complex story. Unfortunately, I think some connections between scenes and gaps in the film storyline are left to the viewer's imagination. If you read the book, the connection is already there.

Despite my criticism, I would still recommend this movie. Some of the scenes and effects alone are worth admission.

Andy Hodgson
12-21-2001, 09:36 AM

What species are you talking about? I talked to several people and they didn't see a new species. The only one they could think was the super org type thing (I think thats what its called, and it was the one that lead those guys into battle to retrive the ring at the end, he also got his head removed).

Yes, those are what I was talking about. I believe that one the site, www.lordoftherings.net that they said they were Ura-Kai, and I don't remember any mention of these in the books, o well, I am about halfway through the second right now (my 4th time reading the entire trilogy) and maybe I just forgot.

Smoky
12-21-2001, 01:19 PM
What species are you talking about? I talked to several people and they didn't see a new species. The only one they could think was the super org type thing (I think thats what its called, and it was the one that lead those guys into battle to retrive the ring at the end, he also got his head removed). According to a press release I've read, its says a new monster called a "Lurtz" was added to the movie. It also says that parts 2 and 3 will have lots more changes.

Read it here (http://wire.ap.org/APnews/center_story.html?FRONTID=ARTS&STORYID=APIS7GHJQ8O0)

CoasterKid22
12-21-2001, 10:41 PM
I just got home from seeing the movie. I thought it was pretty good but very long. I also wish I didn't have to wait another year or two to find out what happens o well.

CoolCoasterKid
12-22-2001, 09:30 AM
Lord of the Rings was a really awesome movie! Yes, it was long, and there were a few lulls between the action, but the scenery and special effects were fantastic, the acting was very good, and the whole plot was very creative and intricate (and pretty faithful to the book, according to my Dad. I haven't read the series yet, but this makes me want to!)

The only complaint I have about this masterpiece is the ending. Yes, it proves beyond doubt that there will be a sequel, but it just seemed too abrupt. With the movie being over 3 hours long, I was expecting a more...concrete ending, I guess you'd say, while this one sort of left me feeling like the end of "Contact", except in this one you feel like you want a lot more. A good thing, yes, but kinda torturous when you are so into the story by the time it's over...

I can't wait for the sequel! :)

Andy Hodgson
12-22-2001, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by CoolCoasterKid
Lord of the Rings was a really awesome movie! Yes, it was long, and there were a few lulls between the action, but the scenery and special effects were fantastic, the acting was very good, and the whole plot was very creative and intricate (and pretty faithful to the book, according to my Dad. I haven't read the series yet, but this makes me want to!)

The only complaint I have about this masterpiece is the ending. Yes, it proves beyond doubt that there will be a sequel, but it just seemed too abrupt. With the movie being over 3 hours long, I was expecting a more...concrete ending, I guess you'd say, while this one sort of left me feeling like the end of "Contact", except in this one you feel like you want a lot more. A good thing, yes, but kinda torturous when you are so into the story by the time it's over...

I can't wait for the sequel! :)

I know, everyone in the theater I saw it in (only 55 people) all screamed out at the screen and were disappointed, but the main thing is that, well that is how the book ends. Actually they added extra stuff to the ending, the whole battle, and the whole thing with Sam and Frodo on the brink of the Etyn Muil. The book really ends with them floating away on the Great River right after Sam almost drowns. So, I too can't wait for the next 2 installments, but I always have to books to tide me over :-)

Dr.Bruce Banner
12-22-2001, 08:08 PM
I am going to see it sometime this coming week. is it worth the 7 bucks? So far i think ive seen that it will be.

Limacoasterboy
12-22-2001, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Bruce Banner
I am going to see it sometime this coming week. is it worth the 7 bucks? So far i think ive seen that it will be.

it is by far worth 7 bucks. I'm going to see it tomarrow and proubly 2-3 more times after that. Thats like 35 bucks or so. I'd say that its well worth it.