PDA

View Full Version : Michigan's Adventure 2002 Construction Headquarters

CoasterDude2001RB
10-29-2001, 08:01 PM
This is the headquarters for Michigan's Adventure Construction. Cedar fair announced that It will spend over 5 million on construction there, including 7 rides. some of the 7 rides are: a 15 story Ripcord, a full-sized Go-Cart Track, Dogem Bumpercars, kiddie rides, and lots of additions and rennovations. Full Thrillnetwork Article here:

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/article.php?sid=213&mode=&order=0

Post commennts, questions and discussion here.

Coaster Jimmy 2
11-07-2001, 03:17 PM
That is really cool but they still need a big coaster besides shivering timbers because that can only carry them for so long. They need an inverted, intamin giga, Ta2K, floorless, stand-up or a flying

Gemini
11-07-2001, 05:17 PM
I see MA getting a Hyper Coaster for 2003 it is just a Cedar Fair tradition. Don't ask if it is from Morgan or Intamin. All of the others have one except Knott's Berry Farm and they will probably get one this year.

LoCoSuMo
11-16-2001, 11:33 PM
I agree about the new coaster thing, but 2002 is gonna be a big year none the less. I just crossing my fingers I will go there next year.

James
12-11-2001, 11:07 PM
i think they will prob. get a hyper soon and if they dont they prob. get an invrt. but they do need a new BIG coaster soon
:)

Marcus
12-17-2001, 04:38 PM
I think adding a huge expansion is in store for next year. This year looks like the prestage of just introducing the begining of something big to come in the later years. Though the rides this year maybe small compared to others, it a critcal step for a somthing much larger.

Nitro Boy
12-19-2001, 09:13 PM
I've heard they'll be getting an intamin hyper sometime simialr to SROS @ SFNE or an totally originail desgin nut i've heard this will be coming somewhere between 2003-2005

CrystalKat
12-19-2001, 11:23 PM
Actually, I'm not surprised with the more mild improvements for this first year -- Cedar Fair will tend toward the more conservative, to be sure that the investment is sound in practice (of course they'll have researched it so much it's academic anyway), and then they'll branch out further in the next few seasons. As for a hyper, well, you never know...

topfuel
12-20-2001, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Boy
I've heard they'll be getting an intamin hyper sometime simialr to SROS @ SFNE or an totally originail desgin nut i've heard this will be coming somewhere between 2003-2005

At least we know MA's hyper will NOT be called Superman. That name has been run into the ground by Six Flags. I wish the Superman name would do an ultimate escape from the daily planet.

oldCP'er
12-20-2001, 11:37 AM
My first trip to MA was this past season, and I, for one, am quite happy about some fo the general improvements such as path/midway widening (to prevent the congestion we encountered on our trip) and more bathroom facilities. I felt like I was in an RCT game while looking for bathrooms. I've got high hopes for this park, although Shivering Timbers alone is enough to bring me back.

James
01-03-2002, 08:45 PM
i think they should get a Giga just bigger then SD2000 or some kind of B&M coaster mabe a flyer
;party;

Marcus
01-04-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by topfuel

At least we know MA's hyper will NOT be called Superman. That name has been run into the ground by Six Flags. I wish the Superman name would do an ultimate escape from the daily planet.

AMEN to that
MA just needs something that will shock the world so that itll be known by all as a true CF park. It would really be kewl if CF tried to theme the park, but then again it might turn out like DT.

nineinchnails
01-31-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by sfne stinks
i think they should get a Giga just bigger then SD2000 or some kind of B&M coaster mabe a flyer
;party;

well that may seem like a cool idea the park is just way to small and has too few guests to justify building a $20,000,000+ coaster. i think a coaster about the size of goliath would be perfect for MA

nineinchnails
02-13-2002, 07:26 PM
bump

nineinchnails
02-15-2002, 10:46 PM
does anybody know the progress in construction at ma?

Rider
04-25-2002, 01:18 AM
Their offical site has posted construction pictures.

http://www.miadventure.com/frame.htm

Click on the "new for 2002" pic in the upper left corner.

CrystalKat
05-03-2002, 07:34 AM
Detroit isn't exactly that "near" to Cedar Point, actually. Toledo, Cleveland, etc. all contribute to that market. Michigan's Adventure, furthermore, has the entire eastern side of the state, including Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids closer to it than Detroit is to Cedar Point. A great park doesn't need a big city nearby, because as it becomes a great park the city will grow.

Rider
05-04-2002, 12:22 PM
For years we had a cabin on a small lake near MA. We had no idea it was even there (but I was too young to care). One year we went to the park. This was before ST and some of the other stuff they have added that makes it great. I remeber the car ride they had where the entrance it now, you had to press so hard to make the car go. They used to have glass blowing and a bunch of nice shops too.

But I degress.... The closest city to MA is called Whitehall. Its a little place, but it is right on Lake Michigan. Just go up the road (the road that passes the water park) and in a few miles you will hit it. That city has the world's largest weather vane too. This is the city that will grow like Sandusky did. And I kind of hope it dosent.

Anyway, MA is near Grand Rapids, which is the second largest city in MI after Detroit.

pyro
05-04-2002, 10:49 PM
i think they should get a BM hyper, those are sweet, though it maybe a bit too expensive for the park.

CrystalKat
05-05-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by GigaForce310
Grand Rapids is fairly small for being a city...........
Depends on your idea of a "big" city, though. Grand Rapids is huge compared to *anything* north of it. I know, that's where I grew up! 4 hours from Grand Rapids, 75 miles from the nearest mall, one high school with my graduating class only 144, etc...

Marcus
05-13-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Melissa
Detroit isn't exactly that "near" to Cedar Point, actually. Toledo, Cleveland, etc. all contribute to that market. Michigan's Adventure, furthermore, has the entire eastern side of the state, including Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids closer to it than Detroit is to Cedar Point.

Actually I live in Detroit and its slightly less time to get from Detroit to Michigans Adventure then it is to get to CedarPoint. To get to CP you have to take a bunch of turnpikes and back rodes and such to get to there. But i believe I96 run right from Detroit to Muskegon where MA is which is usually quicker. Unfortunatly, there is not as much advertisment in Detroit of MA. But im sure there will be once MA gets a big coaster.

Cuddy
05-14-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by CeDaRPoInTzTeR

Actually I live in Detroit and its slightly less time to get from Detroit to Michigans Adventure then it is to get to CedarPoint. To get to CP you have to take a bunch of turnpikes and back rodes and such to get to there. But i believe I96 run right from Detroit to Muskegon where MA is which is usually quicker. Unfortunatly, there is not as much advertisment in Detroit of MA. But im sure there will be once MA gets a big coaster.

Hate to break it to you...but you don't take a bunch of turnpikes and back roads. Being from Toledo, we took either SR. 2 to SR. 4 and from 4 directly into Sandusky then CP. By the way, a turnpike is a toll road and last I checked I-75 is a freeway, as well as I-94 (at least in Michigan) and I-280.

Rider
05-26-2002, 05:26 PM
Here is an updated on MIA construction. I was there today and got some pictures.

First, the Thunderbolt has replaced Chaos.

Dogems are now where the Thunderbolt was.

Rider
05-26-2002, 05:26 PM
Outside of the Dogems. They are going very fast.

Rider
05-26-2002, 05:28 PM
They are building a on-ride photo for Shivering Timbers. They dont have the camera up, but they are building the booth.

ST was riding the same as ever.

Rider
05-26-2002, 05:28 PM
They painted Corkscrew Orange, Yellow, and Teal.

Teal Supports and Orange/Yellow Tracks.

Rider
05-26-2002, 05:29 PM
Another view of Corkscrew and of the Go-Karts, which are running now.

The Jr. Go Karts are by the mini-golf.

Rider
05-26-2002, 05:30 PM
Ripcord was running but only Empolyees were "testing" it.

They still have to build a building and finish landscaping over there.

Rider
05-26-2002, 05:31 PM
The new water slide is just outside of the water park. Its like Adventure falls where you need clothing to be on the ride.

It was the only water ride running today.

Rider
05-26-2002, 05:32 PM
Be-Bop Blvd. (in its 3 or 4th year of construction) is still not open but it looks to be soon.

Rider
05-26-2002, 05:33 PM
And Finally the train is up and running. It just makes a simple loop back by Shivering Timbers.

And the Wildcat has had the "bad" section of the track replaced. Its riding much better this year.

I put some more pictures (and these here) on my website: http://www.atlanticrail.com/images/MIA

Including Ripcord running and ST

nineinchnails
07-14-2002, 08:45 PM
Ill be there in the next week and ill report back on the status of the park too.

nineinchnails
09-13-2002, 09:51 PM
i forgot to post back but when i was there all that seemed to be happening was that they looked to be clearing a path for new electric poles on the back far corner, maybe this is a sign(launched coaster maybe?)