PDA

View Full Version : VooDoo 3 Tip

Kyle Rehm
10-31-2001, 04:43 PM
If you have a Voodoo 3 card and Scream Machines Demo 2 Doesn't seem to want to run while Demo 1 runs try this... Take the Smo.sm file from the Demo 1 folder and replace the one in Demo 2's folder.. That allows it to run on some machines! Hope that helps!

CoasterFreakMan
10-31-2001, 09:07 PM
It still doesn't work, any other suggestions?

Kyle Rehm
10-31-2001, 09:39 PM
Did Demo 1 Work on your Computer?

CoasterFreakMan
10-31-2001, 10:22 PM
Yes, it worked perfectly well!

It's a mystery why the second one will not work.

I think you should make a VooDoo 3 version. It is a very popular video card.

Well, do you have any other suggestions?

Kyle Rehm
10-31-2001, 10:24 PM
Try Deleteing the Smo.sm file and then replacing the one from Demo 1.. then Be sure NOT to run the Smconfig.exe program... as that messes up the Smo.sm file for Voodoo 3's again...

Kyle

CoasterFreakMan
10-31-2001, 10:29 PM
I replacing it and not running the configuration, but it keeps telling me to run it before running the regular program.

CoasterFreakMan
10-31-2001, 10:31 PM
Do you think it would help if I restarted my computer right after I transfered the file.

Kyle Rehm
10-31-2001, 10:43 PM
Hmm... No you shouldn't have to reboot...

Try deleteing Demo 1's Smo.sm file.. Then running Demo 1 again, the replace etc... Besides that Make sure you have the latest drivers ( Which I think you do have but JIC ) But besides that there isn't much that I can do with a Voodoo 3... I'll have to talk with Brian some more on how the game actually creates and handles the Voodoo 3 Smo.sm files.

Kyle

Alizander
11-04-2001, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Kyle Rehm
Hmm... No you shouldn't have to reboot...

Try deleteing Demo 1's Smo.sm file.. Then running Demo 1 again, the replace etc... Besides that Make sure you have the latest drivers ( Which I think you do have but JIC ) But besides that there isn't much that I can do with a Voodoo 3... I'll have to talk with Brian some more on how the game actually creates and handles the Voodoo 3 Smo.sm files.

Kyle

It doesn't work for me... :(