PDA

View Full Version : Rate This Game!

Greg Johnson
10-31-2001, 05:07 PM
Give this game a 1-10 rating and explain why you gave the rating you gave.

theforce
10-31-2001, 05:58 PM
never played it. dosent look nearly as good as rct but a little better the sim theme park. That coaster in there commercail w/ all those corkscrews looks real painful!!!!

phantompenguin
10-31-2001, 08:59 PM

Though I haven't played it much since it won't work on my computer, only my dad's...

Tim
11-01-2001, 11:13 AM
I think the game does a good job at what it sets out to be: a fantasy coaster creation game. The people who want to recreate real coasters probably will not like the game. There are very few locations in which to build the coaster, and some of the most popular elements are impossible to build (no cobra roll, no sea serpent) because you may not build half corkscrews or half loops. Overall though, I think the physics are pretty good, and the designer is good with one exception; if you want to edit a piece of track, you need to delete all the track that is placed after it in order to get to that piece of track. I've also found it very easy to build a coaster that is much higher than you anticipated. There are some definate flaws to the game, but if you accept it's premise to be a fantasy based game, you'll have much more fun with it.

coasterbuzz
11-24-2001, 07:26 PM
I liked certain parts of the game... the simulated parts were okay... but they didn't make it very realistic. You can make your coaster do pretty much anything, which makes it kind of stupid. No Limits is way better. I would give this game a 3.

James
11-26-2001, 09:00 PM
i like the game its ok
i still use the old game
not in 3d

Coastr Crazy 72
12-16-2001, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Tim
I think the game does a good job at what it sets out to be: a fantasy coaster creation game. The people who want to recreate real coasters probably will not like the game. There are very few locations in which to build the coaster, and some of the most popular elements are impossible to build (no cobra roll, no sea serpent) because you may not build half corkscrews or half loops. Overall though, I think the physics are pretty good, and the designer is good with one exception; if you want to edit a piece of track, you need to delete all the track that is placed after it in order to get to that piece of track. I've also found it very easy to build a coaster that is much higher than you anticipated. There are some definate flaws to the game, but if you accept it's premise to be a fantasy based game, you'll have much more fun with it.

i am one of those people who hate to build those stupid fantasy coastrs... i like all of my coastrs to be as realsitic as possible and from what ive heard.. i will not like this game at all so i give it a 1.. sry for all u who actually like this game

Marcus
01-05-2002, 03:30 PM
I thought the game is ok, its easy to build a coaster and in about the same time it takes to build a coaster on RCT. The themeing really adds to the game and only if it could do everything NoLimits can, then it would be the super ulimate coaster ride.

Alien@SixFlags
01-05-2003, 05:19 PM
ahaha

coaster kid
02-27-2004, 04:56 AM
ultimate ride was a great game as far as I was concerned when it came out because there was nothing around like it apart from theme park and as was said it is much better than theme park. The only thing I didn't like about the game was the limit on inversions, because there were some you just couldn't do (however hard you tried). I did like the scenery and theming and .

Of course if you compare it to Nl and hyper rails or sream machines these days it is nothing as far as coaster detail and accuracy are concerned but hey, if you compared everything as though it had only just come out it wouldn't be fair (and it's not as though you can get scenery on hr anyway)

Disney coaster is the ride on from this which is based around the lands of disney land (futreland, frontierland etc) I bought it but it didn't work on my computer.

coastergeek25
05-05-2008, 06:56 PM
^That is how I was when I first got it. I loved Ultimate Ride because it wasjust coasters, no worry about money, or a park with ppl constantly puking, and breaking all the benches.

But when I learned there was a coaster program called No Limits, at first I thought it was going to be a cheap game (back then I though you couldn't get better than Ultimate Ride). I got the demo, and was amazed. Begged my parents to buy it (they were hesitant to get it because of the price). Afterwards I deleted Ultimate Ride from the computer since now it was just taking up space.

Carowinds 73-03
05-06-2008, 10:03 AM
I have not had the chance to play it but just from looks alone RCT looks to be a better game imo so i gave it a 5.