PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Park: You're the Judge!

CoolCoasterKid
11-04-2001, 02:58 PM
At long last, my Patriot Park is finished!

As I've previously stated, I am unable to load the park onto here through a zip due to its size (496 KB, limit is 100). So, you will need to e-mail me or PM me with your e-mail addresss if you would like to get the park...sorry, but that's how it'll have to work (I'm apprehensive about putting my e-mail on here for everyone to see...)

As you know, this park is based on patriotism in light of the September 11th Attacks. The park is a mix of American culture, including past and present, as well as a few famous buildings I put in there for space and decoration.

I doubt you would need the Drexler Patch for this since it is in Arid Heights. I have the patch, but I don't think that affects it...

Anyway, the main purpose of this new thread is to be as a poll (perhaps this should be under polls, but I was thinking since this is an RCT park it should be here), whereas my other thread was mainly about sharing and asking for help.

Here is how I will ask you to judge: the score is based on one to 10, but there are three categories:

1. Coasters (maybe put other rides under here too if you want)
2. Theming/Scenery
3. Creativity (i.e. layout, rides' names)

To get your final "grade" for the park, you add up those numbers and divide by 3 to get the average...

For example, let's say I give the coasters a 7, theming a 4, and creativity a 5. That would get you 16 out of 30, which would get you 5 and 1/3 out of 10. If you get a 1/3 answer, then round it down; If you get a 2/3, round up.

However, I would really, really appreciate it if you could explain why you gave the scores for each category....if I get a whole bunch of 6's in the poll, but no explanations, then I won't know what I need to do in the future! Let's say you really liked the coasters but you thought the theming was atrocious, please say that, and be honest, because while I intended this park to be one of my greatest, I also consider it to be a major step in my goal to make great parks.

Here's around what I give it myself...

Coasters: 8 - This is easily one of the best coaster jobs I've ever done, but when compared to some other parks.....I think it does well but is not the full 9 or 10.

Theming: 6 - Towards the beginning of the creation of this park, I didn't have a clue how to theme, and I think some parts of that are still true in some parts of the park. Some areas I like, but some I think need improvement...

Creativity: 8 - I think this is a pretty creative park...I thought the layout was pretty nice, some of the buildings were unique, and the names are good in some cases. (Note: Believe me, it is very hard to think up Patriotic names as opposed to other parks that require space names, aquatic names, forest names, etc. So I ask you to give a little leeway towards that realizing the extra challenge involved :) )

Add that up (22), divide by 3 gets me 7 1/3, which rounds to 7. That's my rating for the park.

However, I ask you to not be influenced by my votes except for that one note about names...I'm expecting some ratings to be above, and others to be below, but I'm hoping for an overall 6 or 7 approval rating.

I'm sorry that I'm asking all this extra work and stuff, but I would really appreciate it if you could do this for me so that I know what I need to work on in the future. Thanks a lot for all your help, and God Bless America!

--CoolCoasterKid

P.S. While this is a completed park, it could also be a workbench...there is still a bit of room left for rides to be built, so if anyone would like to change anything, I would like to see a picture of how it looks.

P.S.S. - Remember to e-mail me! :)

Kraken
11-04-2001, 10:54 PM
I've seen many screen shots. You say it's a theme park...but it is not very good. I give it 3/10

CoolCoasterKid
11-05-2001, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Kraken
I've seen many screen shots. You say it's a theme park...but it is not very good. I give it 3/10

Well sorry, but I think you should get it first...I've added a lot since those screen shots. And while I said a theme park, there's not all that much theming possible for patriotism aside for famous buildings and the western things...So I would suggest you take more time before judging, and getting the park may greatly change your decision.

Coastercameron
11-05-2001, 04:39 PM
I give it an 8, it was VERY hard to find anything, it was VERY crowded.

It almost had too much stuff. Other than that, it was great.

Kraken
11-05-2001, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by CoolCoasterKid

Well sorry, but I think you should get it first...I've added a lot since those screen shots. And while I said a theme park, there's not all that much theming possible for patriotism aside for famous buildings and the western things...So I would suggest you take more time before judging, and getting the park may greatly change your decision.

Ok. thekrakenbc@hotmail.com

Send it to me.

CoolCoasterKid
11-05-2001, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Coastercameron
I give it an 8, it was VERY hard to find anything, it was VERY crowded.

It almost had too much stuff. Other than that, it was great.

Yeah, that's one of the things I was afraid of, and I'm glad you noticed it too...After looking at some of parks by Natelox and Elrocko, I've started to think more about spacing rides out and stuff...But in this case since I didn't think all that much theming was possible, save the buildings, I tried putting in more coasters. In the future, though, there will most likely be easier theming needed. Anyway, thanks for voting, and I'm glad you liked it :)

SFGadvKing
11-06-2001, 09:19 AM
can you send this park to me
yeshli2nuts@aol.com

SFGadvKing
11-06-2001, 10:10 AM
i tried downloading it but when i get into the game it says invalid data and all that crap. i do have the drexler patch so i dont know what to do. do you have any ideas

CoolCoasterKid
11-06-2001, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by SFGadvKing
i tried downloading it but when i get into the game it says invalid data and all that crap. i do have the drexler patch so i dont know what to do. do you have any ideas

Really? That's strange...maybe if I send you the zipped one it'll work...

SFGadvKing
11-06-2001, 11:09 AM
ok i finally got it working, heres my scores:

coasters=10, those are some of the bestt rollercoasters i have ever seenmade in RCT

theming=7, its good, but i think it could be better

creativity=8, they're pretty good names, but the layout of the coasters really got it up, i love those coasters

25/3= 8 1/3

now i think i should bring it down a point or two because every two seconds it was saying "____ is lost and cant find the park exit"

final score =

CoolCoasterKid
11-06-2001, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by SFGadvKing
ok i finally got it working, heres my scores:

coasters=10, those are some of the bestt rollercoasters i have ever seenmade in RCT

theming=7, its good, but i think it could be better

creativity=8, they're pretty good names, but the layout of the coasters really got it up, i love those coasters

25/3= 8 1/3

now i think i should bring it down a point or two because every two seconds it was saying "____ is lost and cant find the park exit"

final score =

Glad it was working, and I'm glad you apparently liked it. I know, those guests are really annoying...is there some kind of trainer you can use so that doesn't appear? I've seen a few parks where the paths are really wide (I'm trying to make one now), but they don't have any of that...or are those parks not open or something? Any help with that would be appreciated, since I also find that annoying...

Thanks for explaining everything thoroughly...I know what I need to work on! :)

Matt M
11-06-2001, 05:13 PM
I like it, but im kinda sad. My SFUtah park's files got corrupted because the power went out while i was saving to get off the copmuter, the file is messed up, i'll have to make a new park. Anyway, the results for drachenfires contest will be in soon, s look for that!

CoasterKid23
11-08-2001, 05:47 PM
I gotta see it in "real life"!

bballab23@msn.com

FutureRCdesigner
11-08-2001, 07:23 PM
Send it to me too.

Y2J2003Y2J@aol.com

Kraken
11-08-2001, 08:25 PM
I got the park. I still do not like it. hardley any theming...extremly crowded...the list goes on.

CoolCoasterKid
11-09-2001, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Kraken
I got the park. I still do not like it. hardley any theming...extremly crowded...the list goes on.

Ok well thanks for sharing your opinion...I would like to hear what you have to say about the coasters too, if you don't mind :)

The problem with the theming is there's no theming tab for Patriotism...therefore, perhaps the grade for theming should include scenery...I agree, the only parts that actually have true theming are the Manhattan section (primarily Manhattan Madness) and the "Wild West Section" with Conestoga and some other rides...However, I feel that there is a lot of scenery that adds to the park as well. For example, all the buildings...obviously there's the WTC, but then I also added the Lincoln Memorial, Niagara Falls, The Washington Monument, (tried to make the Pentagon, but all the attempts were in vain) and there's a memorial garden way over in the back right section of the park (close to Manhattan Madness) which has an American Flag garden. While those are not theming, I think they add a unique touch to the park...but that's just me :)

TXCoasterGuy1
11-09-2001, 05:43 PM
send it to me

ong1958@aol.com

Kraken
11-09-2001, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by CoolCoasterKid

Ok well thanks for sharing your opinion...I would like to hear what you have to say about the coasters too, if you don't mind :)

The problem with the theming is there's no theming tab for Patriotism...therefore, perhaps the grade for theming should include scenery...I agree, the only parts that actually have true theming are the Manhattan section (primarily Manhattan Madness) and the "Wild West Section" with Conestoga and some other rides...However, I feel that there is a lot of scenery that adds to the park as well. For example, all the buildings...obviously there's the WTC, but then I also added the Lincoln Memorial, Niagara Falls, The Washington Monument, (tried to make the Pentagon, but all the attempts were in vain) and there's a memorial garden way over in the back right section of the park (close to Manhattan Madness) which has an American Flag garden. While those are not theming, I think they add a unique touch to the park...but that's just me :)

The coasters I would give a 5/10. I'm sorry, but I do not like it. perhaps the others have lower standards, but I honestly think this park is horrible.

serpent king
11-10-2001, 12:48 AM
mbomb987@hotmail.com send it over!!!

Metalhead 777
11-10-2001, 10:39 AM
OK, I got it, but I don't know how to open it. :( :( :( :( It downloads as a internet file. :confused: So I can't get it into the save files as a saved game. How do u do it?

TXCoasterGuy1
11-10-2001, 11:08 AM
first of all sorry for the long post. ok the park does have many many faults. one thing good bout this park is the coaster ratings, theyre not the best ive seen but very good. the bad, yes it is EXTREMELY crammed and the theming is pretty bad. try spreading out the coasters ( well u used arid heights so u dont have very much room compared with a mega park). and u can theme alot more. the linclon memorial could be alittle more grand. more flat rides spread out, just not in the fronts. the coasters, most of them are repetive drop drop drop 180 turn drop drop drop. spread these out too. compact coasters usually have better ratings but they dont loook so good. o yeah layout, not so good. try to make it(the path) connect like all the way around the park so guests dont get lost. the only coasters i really liked were liberty and stars and stripes. and some small things, i asssume that the waterfall is niagra right? well u shuold name it that. u should make food courts to cover up the food drink and bathroom places i dont think they look good by themselves. putting the coaster station in raised land and give it some design, mess with it till it looks nice. theming oooh much more please i c a tree or too in the mess of coasters (althuogh they do have nice ratings). i realize that theming patriotically is hard, but try having more trees, im not telling u to make a forest park or anythin just please more theming. like where i c u themed stars and stripes, it is with just one type of tree and there are many blank spots, try diversifying the type of trees u use, this takes a while but it looks better. theming takes patience. i can see that it must've taken a long time for u to cram so many high rated coasters in that park but that time couldve been used to theme it, this idea does have potential if it was themed.i didnt mean to bash ur park but if u have the skill to make good coasters (i c u blew everyone away in the coaster contest) then all u need to do is learn to theme well and u will be an awesome park maker. just look at the spotlights on danimation or at a natelox elrocko or kraken park for inspiration.well ill end here cause no ones gonna read such a long post anyway.

coasters: 6.5 (nice ratings layout isnt so good cept on a few)
theming:3.5 (sorry its honestly not very good)
creativity: 5 ( some nice names in there but nothing new nothin special)
final grade: 5

TXCoasterGuy1
11-10-2001, 11:10 AM
metal head. i saved it into my "rct folder" not into the actual game. or u can put it in the desk top and run it from there. dont save it into the save game folders( in the actual game) it didnt work for me . when they ask where to save it to just put desktop taht should work.

CoAStERz_36
11-10-2001, 01:20 PM
Ok send it to me plz - y2jericho336@netscape.net

CoolCoasterKid
11-10-2001, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by TXCoasterGuy1
...and some small things, i asssume that the waterfall is niagra right? well u shuold name it that. ...

I'm a little confused by what you mean about the redundant layouts...I just noticed a little bit about what you mean, with the hypercoaster, TA2K, and Vertical having a generally similar layout. And there aren't really any true out and backs (doubles and triples, perhaps, but no true out and backs). But I think some, i.e. the Virginia Reel, are kinda different...I dunno, to each their own :)

Just to let you know, about the Niagara Falls, there is a little sign that says "Niagara Falls" in front of it...it's kinda hard to see, but it's there...

But thanks for a long, detailed explanation about your opinion. Trust me, I'd much rather have a post like yours than one like "Good coasters, bad theming, bad idea, not creative" :)

TXCoasterGuy1
11-11-2001, 12:08 PM
no im talkin bout the river ride thingy to make the falls name that so when u put the mouse on it it says niagra falls. thats a small thing i know but its like a pet peeve of mine. name ur food stalls to like pizza hut burger depot whatever just pizza stall 6 and burger stall 4 gets annoying but thats just prob me.

and for the coasters i mean make some more terrain coasters just not compact coasters. compact ones have better ratings cause they go inside themselves but ones that are spread out and run along the ground alot look better. just my opinon though.

Joe17123
11-12-2001, 12:58 PM
Can u send it to Joe17123@aol.com please. Have it zipped also please.

coastersrsweet
11-16-2001, 03:17 PM
IM sure I would love it IMO. I loved working on it with you on it.

PLZ send it to me @ philip-c1@home.com

Rebel2000
12-09-2001, 07:19 PM
Ok, here are the problems:

1. Everything was very crowded. It seemed like coaster right next to coaster right next to flat ride right next to coaster.

2. You shouldn't have built this park in Arid Heights. This is what causes all the crowding in the park. It also makes a park celebrating the United States look wierd when it is in a desert.

3. Try more variation in colors! Everything doesn't HAVE to be red white and blue!

4. I understand the lack of theming. It is incredibly hard to theme to America.

Here are the good things:

1. Great coaster job! You have so many types! This does add to the crowding fact. Let me list them

-B&M junior speed
-B&M floorless
-B&M stand-up
-B&M vertical
-Arrow Hypercoaster
-TOGO standup
-Vekoma flyer
-Vekoma shuttle SLC
-B&M inverted
-S&S airlaunch
-premier water coaster
-Schwarzkopf looper