PDA

View Full Version : Deceptive sales promotion

Sethar
11-11-2001, 12:51 AM
The No Limits web site says:
"Download and play the full version of NO LIMITS ROLLERCOASTER within minutes.
When you register, you will receive a link for immediate download of the full registered version of NO LIMITS ROLLERCOASTER. Registration fee is just US$ 25.00."

The "within minutes" portion is deceptive. The sales are manually reviewed, so it can take up to 24 hours to process. However, you don't find that out until AFTER you have gotten to the point that you cannot cancel the order. This is unacceptable for a business to do, in my opinion.

Don't misunderstand me. I would have been happy to wait 24 hours if I had been informed of that ahead of time. But as it is, the web site is just plain wrong. It implies that this works in the same automated fashion to which we're accustomed.

Limacoasterboy
11-11-2001, 12:57 AM
when I got the game, I had to wait only a few seconds for my e-mail. The waiting a few minuets is for most orders. For some reason, they want to review some orders.

mforce45
11-11-2001, 02:33 AM
I didn't even have to wait for an e-mail. I went right for the link that appeared after the order, and the registration info that accompanied it.

Sethar
11-11-2001, 02:38 AM
Then I suspect that during business hours, it's immediate, but if you order it after business hours, you have to wait.

Rider
11-11-2001, 10:51 AM
After I ordered I got a link on the page to download. Just a few seconds.

You cant be too hard, it is not like they are Amazon.com after all.