PDA

View Full Version : Sega Dreamcast drops to $49.95

phantompenguin
11-21-2001, 12:02 PM
SEGA ANNOUNCES NEW $49.95 PRICE POINT FOR DREAMCAST JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Consumers Can Now Get Sega Dreamcast at an Outstanding Value And Enjoy More than 200 Games

SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (November 21, 2001) -- SegaŽ of America today announced it will lower the recommended retail price of the 128-bit Internet-ready Sega Dreamcast(tm) video game console to $49.95, down from $79.95 in time for the holiday season. For consumers looking for a great value this holiday season, Dreamcast offers a library of over 200 great games and top franchises including "Sonic Adventure(tm) 2," "Phantasy Star Online(tm)," "Sega Sports(tm) NFL 2K2" and many more - now at an even greater value. In addition, Dreamcast is still the only system that currently offers out-of-the-box online gameplay options.

"At a $49.95 price point, Dreamcast is an even better value this holiday season with a sack full of great games to choose from," said Chris Gilbert, executive vice president sales, marketing and operations, Sega of America. "Sega's strength is games and the lower price point makes it even easier for consumers to enjoy the Sega gaming experience."

"Video game consoles are sure to be a big seller at Toys "R" Us over the coming months," said Wayne Yodzio, Vice President - World Leader, Toys "R" Us. "For less than $50.00 Dreamcast is a great value this holiday season." Sega is on track with its previously announced plans to sell through all remaining Dreamcast units. This announcement is in line with the company's strategy to become a platform agnostic third-party publisher and to develop its world-renowned content and franchises for all next-generation video game consoles, as well as handheld, mobile and other devices.

Dreamcast and Dreamcast peripherals and games are currently available at retailers nationwide. For more information, please visit www.sega.com.

Morgan
11-23-2001, 05:42 PM
Wow, that's pretty cheap.

aastretch64
11-26-2001, 12:51 AM
Thats cheaper then gameboy????

Raptor
11-26-2001, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I recomend buying a Dreamcast just for the hell of it. There are some awesome games still available and they are cheap, and hey, its almost as good as PS2! Sigh, if only people had given DC a chance.

Kyle L
11-26-2001, 07:25 PM
My friend had it and i really didnt like it, It was kinda like having another playstation, I just decided to hold out and get a PS2

CoasterClyde
11-27-2001, 02:08 PM
Thats both bad and good. Its bad for me, because it means i cant sell my dreamcast for as much as i hoped for. Its good for all of you folks who dont own a dreamcast. Go out and buy one if you never owned one. 50 bucks is a great deal on this system. Dont let people tell you this is a crappy system. I had it for 2 years and I loved it. There are games that will suit all types of gamers. GO OUT AND BUY ONE!!!

Billycool120
11-27-2001, 08:33 PM
50 dollars!!!! thats crazy. I have to buy one at that price!!!!:D

Tim
11-27-2001, 09:51 PM
Thats an incredible price. Its a great console with some really great games. For $50 you can't go wrong.

V2kid62489
11-27-2001, 10:35 PM
i was gonna get dreamcast but my dad said i should get PS2 instead.

CPFan
12-04-2001, 08:33 PM
Lets see, tough decision, PS2 game or Dreamcast, hmm......

phantompenguin
12-05-2001, 01:20 PM
lol

people...give the Dreamcast a chance

$50 with alot of games cheaper than $20...what is there to lose?

expecially with all the kick arse games on it...Skies of Arcadia, Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi 1 and 2, NFL2k2, Virtua Tennis($10), Jet Grind Radio($10), etc.