PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden can attack us without launching/detonating/plane crashing

Anaconda
11-21-2001, 06:18 PM
I just read an article that says a cyber-attack can shut down our national power grid and (this is more scary) make the entire Pacific armed forces useless. As in, the dispatchers won't have power or radio signals or anything to give the word out to attack stuff.

Joe17123
11-22-2001, 04:03 PM
Yea that's true hackers could destroy our country but that is nearly impossible.

Anaconda
11-23-2001, 03:55 PM
Actually, according to that article, it was relatively easy for the ones employed in that test.

Kraken
11-24-2001, 01:10 AM
Anaconda-Afghanistan has trouble with paved roads, let alone computers. Don't even start with the "hidden in caves" stuff either, that's all speculation.

Raptor
11-24-2001, 02:50 AM
Yeah, I highly doubt Afghanistan has powerful enough computers or skilled enough hackers to do that.

Coalhouse
11-24-2001, 05:01 AM
I like this joke from Jay Leno....

Today in Afganistan they saw TV for the first time in several years. They were able to watch their favorite show...The Flinstones, but they call it something different. They call it The Jetsons.

You kids might be too young to get it, but I thought it was hilarious.

Andy Rathe
11-24-2001, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Coalhouse

Today in Afganistan they saw TV for the first time in several years. They were able to watch their favorite show...The Flinstones, but they call it something different. They call it The Jetsons.

Lol! Takes a little thought, but funny nonetheless!

KoasterKing
12-11-2001, 08:59 PM

hahahahha that is funny! lol

coasterfreak1080
12-12-2001, 12:55 PM

im 11 and i got it lol! lmao

Marcus
12-13-2001, 09:45 PM
There is so many ways Bin Ladin can attack us thats its impossible to predict or protect us from all of them. Christmas is coming and anything can happen. Lets just hope that the US government finds a way to stop Bin Ladin before to develops his own disaster of a Christmas present of his own.