PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOO, No GC's left

ghosta
11-23-2001, 02:26 PM
All gamecubes are sold out. Nintendo stated, from nintendo.com, that 200,000 more will be shipped for the end of the year. But does anybody know when. Cuz my dad is buying one for me for christmas, but now im not so sure. So does anybody know when???????????????????

Ioa Master
11-23-2001, 03:53 PM
No..................But THEY DO HAVE XBOXS IN STOCK *EVIL LAUGH*

Morgan
11-23-2001, 05:32 PM
The 200,000 thousand gamecubes will be here at the end of the year, like you just said.

ghosta
11-23-2001, 07:44 PM
RRRRRRR, i know by the end of the year. BUT what date? smart one

Raptor
11-23-2001, 08:06 PM
How typical of Nintendo, to purposely create a shortage of the system to create a "craze" to get it.

swOHman
11-24-2001, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Raptor
How typical of Nintendo, to purposely create a shortage of the system to create a "craze" to get it.

Hmmmmmm.... sounds strangely familiar. If I remember a certain Sony console seemed to have an incredible shortage claiming that they didn't "have enough" of a certain chip to make enough for the US. For everyone's info, there will be more than 200,000 shipped before the end of the year. The reports are that Nintendo will ship and ADDITIONAL 200,000 added on to the original plan of 400,000 by the end of the year. That will be a total of 1.3 million units shipped before the end of the year. This will be 200,000 more than Microsoft's release of Xbox's by the end of the year (which is 1.1 Million).

Raptor
11-24-2001, 02:33 AM
Yeah, but Nintendo does it with every system release, and they do it intentionally. Sony really did not have enough of the processor at the time. I read this in Game Informer, and it was a fact, not made up BS. Whats Nintendo's story for all of their system shortages? "Oh, we didn't expect THIS many people to buy the system!!" Yeah RiGHT!!

Kraken
11-24-2001, 03:48 AM
Nobody makes enough. It's good buisness you know, supply and demand. What do Furby, GameCube, Nintendo 64, Power Rangers, Playstation 2, XBOX, and Cabbage Patch dolls all have in common? There were more people who wanted one then products.

ghosta
11-24-2001, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by swOHman

The reports are that Nintendo will ship and ADDITIONAL 200,000 added on to the original plan of 400,000 by the end of the year. That will be a total of 1.3 million units shipped before the end of the year. This will be 200,000 more than Microsoft's release of Xbox's by the end of the year (which is 1.1 Million).

UMMMMM the orignal plan was for 700,000.

swOHman
11-25-2001, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by ghosta

UMMMMM the orignal plan was for 700,000.

No. The original plan was to ship 700,000 ON LAUNCH DAY (which happened), and then ship an additional 400,000 before the end of the year. That changed when the launch day shipment sold out in 3 days. The 400,000 planned to be shipped by the end of the year has been increased to 600,000. This will total out to 1.3 million units before the end of the year.

swOHman
11-25-2001, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Raptor
Yeah, but Nintendo does it with every system release, and they do it intentionally. Sony really did not have enough of the processor at the time. I read this in Game Informer, and it was a fact, not made up BS. Whats Nintendo's story for all of their system shortages? "Oh, we didn't expect THIS many people to buy the system!!" Yeah RiGHT!!

There is nothing intentional about a system shortage. The company makes a business plan and in that plan they state how many of the product they will have at launch and beyond. Once the product is out they then wait and see if the system will sell out. If this happens they will then allocate more units to stores than planned (which is actactly what they are doing). The PS2 didn't just have a shortage at launch. The shortage lasted well into January 2001. Now if you expect me to believe that this is all because of a chip shortage your sadly mistaken. Sony has just as good business sense as any other company and understand supply and demand, they just came up with a story (which may have been true at first) which they rode entirely too long. Every major system that has been released has had a shortage and this is to be expected. People want the systems, so they will sell out. The real test is the time after launch. If the company gets enough systems out there the weeks after launch (which Nintendo is starting to do a great job of) then the company is making wise decisions.

swOHman
11-25-2001, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Ioa Master
No..................But THEY DO HAVE XBOXS IN STOCK *EVIL LAUGH*

I hate to play the Devil's advocate here, but maybe that's because they aren't selling. I still haven't heard any numbers from M$ and usually when a company is hesitant about releasing info it means they sold less than they expected.

ghosta
11-25-2001, 10:53 AM
So SwOHman, do you know when they will be shipping those cubes. I need the info so my dad can know when to shop, Also nintendo wont email me back about when there shipping them?

Dr.Bruce Banner
11-25-2001, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Ioa Master
No..................But THEY DO HAVE XBOXS IN STOCK *EVIL LAUGH* Dude what is it with you and the X Box? That thing Sucks!

Rider
11-25-2001, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Bruce Banner
Dude what is it with you and the X Box? That thing Sucks!

Maybe the evil laugh ment he was happy that none were selling?

-----

If I remember correctly, Nintendo delayed the release date of GC so they could have more units.

intamin101
11-25-2001, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I think that he is making fun of the fact that MS tried to make a video game system and they almost completely failed.

Morgan
11-25-2001, 05:08 PM
They haven't completely failed. If they did, all of the stores around here wouldn't be sold out of Xboxes.

ghosta
11-25-2001, 07:01 PM
Morgan is rite. All x boxes near my house are sold out. My friend has an x-box, he said he loves it. He also said that the only good games were sports, so those are the only ones hes goin to get(cept for Halo)

swOHman
11-25-2001, 07:36 PM
So SwOHman, do you know when they will be shipping those cubes. I need the info so my dad can know when to shop, Also nintendo wont email me back about when there shipping them?

As far as I know they will be shipping them in weekly incriments. The best thing to do is contact your local retailers (EB, Toys R Us, Wal Mart, etc.) and find out when they expect to get more in. Most stores receive products on the same day each week, so you may just want to find out what day that is and check in at the store then.

swOHman
11-25-2001, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Morgan
They haven't completely failed. If they did, all of the stores around here wouldn't be sold out of Xboxes.

Well Dreamcasts were sold out when they were first put on shelves, but slowly the sales went down and they had to stop production. The more ominous fact for Microsoft is that Sega had an exceptional amount of experience in the hardware AND software business, and the Dreamcast still didn't survive. I'm not sure if Microsoft can support a system by themselves like Nintendo has proven they can (just look at the N64), so if 3rd party developers don't start supporting the Xbox a little more they may have some trouble. Now I could be wrong, and we could actually see 3 consoles stay on the market for 5 or 6 years, but history has proven that only 2 consoles usually survive. Sega learned that the hard way with 4 failed systems (Sega CD, Sega 32X, Sega Saturn, and Dreamcast). Nintendo has ways of keeping consoles alive even if they aren't getting the most support. Nintendo has a massive fan base, and basically owns the handheld market so they will continue to make plenty of money. Also Nintendo has proven they can make great games with their 1st party developers and have the best second party devloper out there (Rare). PS2 has the the "cool factor" on its side. Sony has put it in people's minds that all the cool people own PS2's. This really helps sales because we find out that people are gullible and will buy a inferior system because of the reputation instead of buying a great system that has great games (I'm referring to the fact that so many people passed on Dreamcasts to wait for the PS2). The PS2 is finally coming into its own though with great games finally coming out, but the PS2 is a year behind the other two systems in technology and it shows when the 1st generation games from the Cube and the Box look better than PS2's second gen. games. Now I don't know if that will hurt the PS2 in any way, but it could hurt in the long run. Mircosoft is new to the console business, and will make mistakes (as all rookies do). They already made one when they delayed the launch only to announce they will have less units than expected. It's also known that Microsoft will not break even on the Xbox until AT LEAST 2004. If they aren't making the profit they expect to make they may just give up on the Xbox and start on the next console. The fact still remains that it is an exciting time to be a gamer because there are so many choices to fit your personal tastes.

V2kid62489
11-25-2001, 08:39 PM
Ps2 is just as good as X-Box and gamecube or better.(i thinkk GCN is the worst.) X-Box's are good ive played it and was very impressed GCN i was not. and when i went on game cubes launch day they had like 10 left and no x-boxes.

ghosta
11-26-2001, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by swOHman

As far as I know they will be shipping them in weekly incriments. The best thing to do is contact your local retailers (EB, Toys R Us, Wal Mart, etc.) and find out when they expect to get more in. Most stores receive products on the same day each week, so you may just want to find out what day that is and check in at the store then.

Well when did the launch cubes ship into stores?

swOHman
11-27-2001, 02:23 AM

Well when did the launch cubes ship into stores?

The launch was on Nov. 18th, but I believed they were shipped the Wed. before that.