PDA

View Full Version : Dueling Druids--Wood Twister.

DrachenFire96
11-25-2001, 02:31 AM
I've slowly been working on a new workbench of mine and at the moment it has an extreme rated Hyper as well as this dueling wood twister, named dueling druids(simply just a working name). First I am gonna attach a pic, and then I'll post the track only so that those without Drexler patch can download it too.

Now this coaster has a rating, right now as it stands, of 9.95 excitement, but it's not been fully themed yet. My goal with this dueler is to have my first extreme rated wood twister coaster, and I'm not far from having it with this one. It is paced quite well, racing and dueling all the way through, and it even arrives at the station at the same time, something hard to achieve out of a single coaster dueler.

You'll also notice in the pic that the majority of the coaster is outside the park property, something new that I've been toying with on my last few parks. It frees up a lot of room inside my park for other rides when I can use the space outside the entrance area for a coaster. The extreme rated hyper (not seen in this picture) on the opposite side of the park is also outside the other entrance. You'll also notice a mini castle food court in the lower left of the screen, but this park has only just begun, so don't judge it yet...once its complete, I'll put it on park exchanges.

DrachenFire96
11-25-2001, 02:32 AM
Now here is my wood twister dueling druids, just the track file, if anybody would like to have it.

CoasterKid23
11-27-2001, 03:48 PM
That's a pretty good coaster, but I'd just like to mention that the 9 something ex. comes from scenery, without any its a 7.22, but still a nice high quality dueler when in its park.

DrachenFire96
11-27-2001, 09:49 PM
I never tested it as plain. All I put it in here for was that its a single coaster dueler that is really well timed, and the fact that I can get this coaster into the high 9's, possibly extreme with a little extra work.

Remember also, mine has several underground tunnels and such which probably boost the rating a ton (that and the fact it goes under the entrance).

DrachenFire96
02-10-2002, 03:58 AM
I hadn't messed with this park since well before Christmas, but yesterday I decided "why not" and began toying with it again. I did get this dueling wood coaster to extreme ratings like I had planned, without any modification to the coaster as is. It's currently ranked at 10.30 Extreme excitement. However, its not just theming thats gotten this "7-pointer" coaster up this high. I need to format the park for accessibility to guests, and then I'll post the park here, simply so others can see it in it's settings so that they can see the rating themselves.

EDIT: Don't bust on the park too bad...its totally empty besides the two extreme coasters on opposite ends of the park...like I said, I haven't done anything to it like landscaping, etc.

Butterfinger
02-11-2002, 08:50 PM
This coaster looks awesome. I have never gotten that high on a woodie. I hope you keep working on this park because it looks great!

DrachenFire96
02-12-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Butterfinger
This coaster looks awesome. I have never gotten that high on a woodie. I hope you keep working on this park because it looks great!

Thanks Butterfinger! I'm glad you like what you've seen. I don't know how often I'll have to work on this park, but I'll try to throw a few hours into it this month. My goal with this park is to have at least 5 extreme rated (different) coasters. I've already finished 2. I know I can make an extreme coaster out of the vertical coasters easily, so I am trying to decide what other two, I need to get my five. I'm thinking steel coaster, and corkscrew coaster. I've always done great with them, but never pushed them for extreme ratings. I figure if I can do it with a wood twister, I can get those too.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

NOTE: The entire center of the park is going to be a waterpark, with themed regions outside the waterpark boundaries. No Mars or sand theming is planned.