PDA

View Full Version : Stand-ups and the Alpengeist Scenario

clippersrule
05-24-2001, 11:32 PM
This post is really about 2 different things. First off, what does everybody think about stand-up coasters. They kind of seem like a dying breed. I mean since Riddlers Revenge, how many have been made. I love Riddlers but why have stand-ups never gained tremoundous amounts of popularity. Also, when is a park gonna build an inverted coaster to dethrone Alpengeist as the tallest and fastest in the world???? I'm suprised there isn't a hyperinverted coaster these days.

Jonathan Gelert
05-24-2001, 11:36 PM
I remember hearing about a 200-foot custom SLC going up in the UK for next year.

Medusa1861
05-25-2001, 11:28 AM
I hope SFGAdv gets a stand-up so Stand-Ups don't die! Too bad cedar Point already has an inverted because they would defiantly beat the hight probably make it Hyper.

Flix
05-25-2001, 11:38 AM
yeah, the first hyper SLC, and inverted coaster is coming to europe, i can't remeber where thoguh!it will have six inversions, and that's all i know...sounds intense, non?

Kraken
05-25-2001, 08:24 PM
The tallet Inverted coaster is the Vekoma Super Boomerang. It is 196 feet tall. Alpengeist is 195.

slipknot8527
05-25-2001, 09:09 PM
They should stop worrying about making it have more inversions and focus on "flying time." I would love to have graceful floating hills on an inverted than loops. It would be cool if it had minimal restraints as well.
<BR>
<BR>I don't care that stand ups haven't gained popularity... they surely haven't gained any with me!