PDA

View Full Version : New Six Flags in Texas?

visionlandlover
11-25-2001, 03:36 PM
I got this from a newspaper article talking about S:KC at SFFT:
"The size of crowds during the next couple of years will play a key part in Premier's setting a date for its second San Antonio theme park, Odum said.

Fiesta Texas occupies about 175 acres of a 200-acre site. Odum said the second park likely would be a joint project with USAA, which is developing the La Cantera and Westin subdivisions on 1,600 acres surrounding Fiesta Texas.

The second park could include rides and shows based on plots of popular movies, Odum and theme-park experts said. Premier Parks this month bought Time Warner's Warner Bros. Movie World Germany and rights to develop a similar park in Madrid."

Does anyone know anything abotu it?

1984 v. 2.5
11-25-2001, 05:37 PM
I'm thinking this is just going to be an add on to Fiesta Texas, 3 Six Flags in one state is more than enough!

Rebel2000
11-25-2001, 08:11 PM
There's no way that SF will build another park right next to SFFT. 3 SF parks in TX is enough, but two right next each other? That's crazy. Maybe there will be a new waterpark or something. Maybe another one of those Hurricane Harbors. (the one at sFGAD sucked). I agree with 1984 v 2.5, this is probably just a new section of the park.

Longhorn
11-26-2001, 06:29 PM
I think that if the build a park it will be a WBMW.
I heard this in the newspaper when they opened S:KC and got excited but haven't heard anything since then

intamin101
11-27-2001, 04:51 PM
Yes, I also heard that it could be another WBMW type park, but a water park seems more likely.

MountainMan
11-27-2001, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 1984 v. 2.5
I'm thinking this is just going to be an add on to Fiesta Texas, 3 Six Flags in one state is more than enough!

ya, that would be too much competition even though they'd both be sf parks

coastergenius100
11-27-2001, 06:59 PM
I wish that rather then just buying more parks Six Flags would expand on the parks that they own.

Aaron
11-27-2001, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Rebel2000
There's no way that SF will build another park right next to SFFT. 3 SF parks in TX is enough, but two right next each other? That's crazy. I agree. This is probably an expansion. Six Flags wouldn't be stupid enough to make it a new park.

ThunderDan
11-28-2001, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Rebel2000
Maybe another one of those Hurricane Harbors. (the one at sFGAD sucked).

Wow. You are the only person that has said that. I know some people that like the water park better than the amusement park.

ThunderDan
11-28-2001, 08:39 AM
You've heard about EPCOT, Disney Studios, The Animal Kingdom? Having two parks in one complex is not anything new.

Ler Llama
11-28-2001, 09:26 AM
I would have to concur with others that have said it might be a WBMW. Maybe Six Flags is looking at creating a complex similar to WDW, Disneyland, or Universal Florida in Texas.

APJSFR1
11-28-2001, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 1984 v. 2.5

Very true!

Valpengeist
11-29-2001, 04:51 PM
This is going to sound selfish, but it's true:
Are yall jealous or something?

Texas is the biggest state in the U.S.A. (other than Alaska), and it also has the population to support that. Therefore, a new park could happen. Three SF in one state is NOT too much.

It won't be a waterpark- they already have one with very low attendance. The one at Sea World is much better!

I doubt this rumor, but why not have hope?