PDA

View Full Version : Dive Loops

Kyle L
12-03-2001, 05:43 PM
How the heck do you do them!

Shadow248
12-03-2001, 09:28 PM
Here's how i do it...

Open the saved element "loop"...then select the first half of it...by using SHIFT+LEFT CLICK then "save element" as "half loop". Then open saved element "Zero-G-Roll"...and select the second half of it...then save that as "half roll". Then open the half loop saved element, and then the half roll saved element....scale them right and you've got yourself an immelman. To do the dive loop (top entry" just do the above backwards. Save the first half of the Zero-G-Roll and Loop, and open the new half roll first, then the new half loop, and you have a dive turn. Understand?

Erik Johnson
12-05-2001, 10:42 AM
I actually thought it was pretty easy to make a dive loop on my own. I made a piece of track that turned about 45 degrees, raised it to about 100 feet, then banked to to 180 degrees. Then make a half loop which is very easy to do. Use two vertices to make it easier.

Kyle L
12-08-2001, 09:00 PM
ok im gonna try the save element on my stand up!

fredericmcc
12-09-2001, 03:11 PM
why not copy the dive loop from the kumba prefab, easiest way, and looks good

Fred

Jhcbiinoc
01-06-2002, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the tips and advice. I copied the dive loop off of the Kumba Prefab and also took portions of the existing elements-half of the loop, etc, and saved them as "1st half loop", "Top Of Hill", "Cobra Roll In" etcetera and things are going much easier now. This game takes a while to get the hang of but is quite a bit of fun. I have finally after several tries gotten a decent floorless (88 degree first drop and 6 inversions) and a decent inverted done (with an figure eight Immelman) and keep trying to make up elements that have not been done. Thanks again for the advice.

APJSFR1
01-29-2002, 08:40 PM
I just do a normal vertex section of track and make a loop tha goes under it and then I 180 Degrees bank the first vertex. Then form the loop to the right specifications. that is how I do it, I make all of my coasters with custom made inversions.

taintedhand
02-07-2002, 10:45 AM
I will post all my elements on the xchange forum. it includes dive loops and other fun stuff. it will be a day or two.

miXmedia
02-08-2002, 10:54 PM
I usually just make them on my own, I haven't tried saving track pieces, but I make a upward banking turn, then half loops are easy to make on your own

taintedhand
02-13-2002, 10:11 AM
well i posted some of my elemnets in the exchange section and to my surprise that thread was deleted. i dont know why but it ticked me off

taintedhand
02-22-2002, 10:39 AM
i figured out where it went but i am abandoning posting them. if you want a specific element, lemme know