PDA

View Full Version : RCT2: Fact or fiction?

Ghostrider
05-25-2001, 05:25 PM
I realize that we all hope this game becomes a reality. I know there have been a lot of rumors circulating around about it.
<BR>
<BR>What I want to know is simply: has this been confirmed? Has there been any official or unofficial word on the game yet? Or is it all just speculation so far? Anybody have any quotes from say gaming magazines or sites, or from online press releases or interviews? Just wondering how much of RCT2 is really true...

Flix
05-25-2001, 05:33 PM
YES it is...we just don't know when...Chris says, "YES!",
<BR>we ask "WHEN?!"
<BR>he says "I DON'T KNOW!"
<BR>
<BR>he says he'll bring it out when he has the power to do what he wants...obviously, something that can push enough polygons to make it look the original but in 3d...maybe the X-Box or Gamecube, or a big beatch motherhubard of a pc...who knows (probably chris!)

Medusa1861
05-25-2001, 11:26 PM
Fact. since rollercoaster tycoon has been one of the top selling games with all expansion packs yes, but i think it will be awhile since it will probably go as slow as heck until people get much better computers

Jonathan Gelert
05-25-2001, 11:49 PM
Absolutely. Any corporate-type with a brain larger than a walnut knows that a great game, that was financially successful, and has reached its programming limits, deserves a sequel. I mean, they did 2 expansion packs already, why wouldn't they do a sequel eventually?

Yankee Cannonball
05-26-2001, 12:46 PM
Chris Sawyer said he'd do it when the technology was good enough, but he also said that it might be a while. But it is a fact.

RCTfreak
05-28-2001, 12:21 AM
Fact!

rockman89
05-28-2001, 01:05 PM
Well X Box, Game Cube, and Playstation 2 could have Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. Just add a mouse in with the package.

Flix
05-28-2001, 05:23 PM
don't forget dreamcast!it can push it, we have all seen it with coaster works

murchison1
05-30-2001, 01:27 AM
Yes! Roller Coaster Tycoon sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to play it. I love the original and expansion packs, and I'm still trying to complete the corkscrew follies and Loopy landscape packs.

Anaconda
06-02-2001, 12:31 PM
The question isn't if its going to come out but when its going to come out?

dingo65
06-03-2001, 07:35 PM
I hope...

alpengeistlover
06-04-2001, 06:34 PM
I heard, that theres gonna be a feature where your able to upload new rides and parks from the website. For example when a new state of the art roller coaster comes out (like this year X the 4-D coaster you'll be able to get).

dingo65
06-14-2001, 01:15 PM
That would be great!

dingo65
06-14-2001, 01:16 PM
My guess is it will come out in 2002.

Inferno
10-24-2001, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Flix
don't forget dreamcast!it can push it, we have all seen it with coaster works

Dreamcast stopped production of systems about a year ago. Their stopping game production for Dreamcast is March I believe. Then, they will continue to make games for PS2, XBox, and Game Cube, which are all powerful enough for a sweet coaster game.

coasterfreak1080
10-25-2001, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Inferno

Dreamcast stopped production of systems about a year ago. Their stopping game production for Dreamcast is March I believe. Then, they will continue to make games for PS2, XBox, and Game Cube, which are all powerful enough for a sweet coaster game.

they said it would be awhile untill they made another game for dreamcast cause they are making there games also work on ps2

theforce
10-25-2001, 09:20 PM
Mayby 2003 or 4. Chris said he is working on another unannounced game(s?) right now. When that game is cmpleted and relesed, then we probably will see RCT2 (unless rct2 is that unannounced game :) )

Coasterking2k
10-27-2001, 09:09 AM
I was sent this image over Danimation chat, according to someone called 'Sean_o' he has the Alpha test of RCT2. anyway, i've attached the pic to show you all. BTW, he must be lying as Chris said that he is waiting for the technonlogy to be made.....

RiFT
10-27-2001, 12:06 PM
Of course he was lying. *I* am the only one with it.

Rider
10-27-2001, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Coasterking2k
I was sent this image over Danimation chat, according to someone called 'Sean_o' he has the Alpha test of RCT2. anyway, i've attached the pic to show you all. BTW, he must be lying as Chris said that he is waiting for the technonlogy to be made.....

That is a very tiny picture of a real rollercoaster.

Hulk
10-27-2001, 12:31 PM
I hope rct2 comes out 2002 rct2 for 2002 sounds good
Yay! 601 Posts:D

Greg Johnson
10-28-2001, 12:22 AM
I know a person who works at Hasbro. He got me autographed copies of games, ect. He said that Chris Sawyer is making another Tycoon game (Transportation themed) then is planning to do a RCT2. I hear that Chris is an odd guy, and he programs the game by himself alone for months streight

Richard Wilson
10-28-2001, 01:50 AM
Chris Sawyer is an amazing man. He actually answered an email I sent him back when RCT had only come out, and he was very interested in what I had to say.

Chris believes in making his games totally himself, obviously, with help with the graphics, which is where a freelance graphical artist came in, Simon Foster. Also, the music was custom wrote for the game by Allister Brimble.

His philosophy is great, and ensures that all games he makes are to his standard, as he controls everything.

He also doesn't exactly work full time on the games he makes. He might spend an hour a day or so, when he just gets an idea or whatever.

RCTII is a reality, however, he is working on another game at the moment, more like a sequal to Transport Tycoon, but he has said, if he gets bored midway through that game, he will start on RCTII because it will keep him interested in his work.

The only drawbacks with Chris' programming style is firstly, Hasbro, or who ever controls it now, will want a game done quickly and efficiently, and another thing. Chris isn't exactly fresh out of college person who has degrees in every aspect of computing. He knows a lot about what he does at the moment, his 2D isometric engine is great, but as he has said, he has extended it to it's limits, and he will require better stuff, and he is just one person, I see the team for RCTII being larger, maybe 15 people Chris himself chooses, and maybe even some of it US based.

Also, onto something slightly different, I believe that someone over at Danimation is developing a sort of park viewer for RCT, so you can look at parks in 3D.

Richard