PDA

View Full Version : A Very Good Article on GCN's Tech Specs

swOHman
12-08-2001, 01:50 AM
I found this article today (actually Planet GameCube found it, I just found it on their site LOL). It gives a very in depth review of GameCubes hardware going through every part of the CPU, GPU, etc. It also compares the three consoles at the end (spec wise). It stresses the fact that GameCube was built for efficiency and speed as opposed to raw power (as the Xbox is). It also mentions that both Xbox and GCN are incredibly close when it comes to performance while the PS2 lags somewhat behind. If you really don't want to read too much about the specs, and read through tons of tech terms that you will most likely not understand (I didn't LOL), I suggest you click the menu to go straight to the part where the writer compares the 3 consoles. Enjoy www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1566&p=1.

V2kid62489
12-08-2001, 12:50 PM
they said X-box and GCN are far superior to PS2...... YEA RIGHT! PS2 kicks X-box's veeeeeeeeerrrrrrry fat A$$. But it and GCN are about the same. if you read the november edition od GamePro they had a 3 console thing and showed the spec's and PS2 is far better than X-box. It said Ps2 is the best system and will be an amazing console once it gets hooked to the internet.

Kyle L
12-08-2001, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by V2kid62489
they said X-box and GCN are far superior to PS2...... YEA RIGHT! PS2 kicks X-box's veeeeeeeeerrrrrrry fat A$$. But it and GCN are about the same. if you read the november edition od GamePro they had a 3 console thing and showed the spec's and PS2 is far better than X-box. It said Ps2 is the best system and will be an amazing console once it gets hooked to the internet.

Hehe, Xbox is HUGE man. Its like a ghetto bootie that ghosta was talking bout on MF. Okay, All the other systems are reasonably small okay! Xbox has to be like, computer size! Ok, keep it small okay!