PDA

View Full Version : Results for Round 1 are now up!

Tom Zeliff
12-11-2001, 12:14 PM
Please go to Ride_Op Coaster Productions (http://rideop.twistedrails.com/toc/round1note.shtml) to see the results. Please also read the note I made about the results.

Feel free to discuss the results here.

-Tom

Rider
12-11-2001, 04:07 PM
Woo Hoo! 4th!

Doh! 4th.

I take pride in the realism of my coasters :).

Coaster indavidual
12-11-2001, 08:53 PM
Tied for 7th oh well it is good coaster and I'm surprised it got 7th. Oh all the DQ's. Some of the DQ were really awesme coasters. Now bet everyone gonna be careful with their supports. Great competeition starting up now hope there be more sets of contests.

Enochian24
12-12-2001, 06:46 AM
I got disqualified. Lol. Well I knew it was going to happen. I originally designed it poorly and I tried to fix it but never worked. O well :) My newer creations are much better.

Jaynen
12-13-2001, 01:59 PM
I tied for first but I am still happy!

Smoky
12-14-2001, 08:42 PM
I was impressed with all the high scores, even the DQ'd people had plenty of high scores. Great job to all of you. I think mine did lousy due to the bump and grind after the rollover element and due to the fact you flip through the rollover and the zero-g roll with some heavy laterals. I didn't have as much time to work on mine due to work, but I'm glad got to score as high as I did. 41 entrants, thats alot of competition ;) I also liked the Pros and Cons section after the scoring to see what was like and not liked.

BTW Tom did you object to me using the LSM as a brake at the end? I only did that to simulate a magnetic brake (been trying that with a few of my creations), just to try something different, same with the curved station thing, but if you rather I just used the fin/air brakes, thats fine, same with keeping the station perfectly straight. I know you remarked that you'd let it slide since I wasn't using it to speed up the train (transport segments can't be used as a block.)

I would suggest to that those that get DQ'd on future rounds still get the zero for that round, but also see what they would have scored had the ride not been DQ'd, like you did with the first one (they get a score with a DQ on it.)

Also I think a good challenge for a future round might be "The Spaghetti Bowl Round" Four poles (which you can't move, and with the exception of the station, you cannot go outside of) mark a good sized square. The Challenge? To cram as much track within a that small space, without hitting any poles, or other track. 10 pts extra for those who use the hyper-coaster track type, as that one gives less clearance. ;) Just a thought.