PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been in or joing the armed forces

Nitro Boy
12-18-2001, 10:03 PM
Anyone here been in or joining any branch of the armed forces. When i turn 18 i'm most likely going to join the navy or army. I'd like to be in the 82nd airborne. Not only are they some of the elite soldiers but you jump out of planes for a living.

Cuddy
12-19-2001, 12:17 AM
I was interested in the Navy and Air FOrce for a bit, but decided not to enlist. My dad was a member of the Marines. My 3 cousins have all been in the Navy, and the one has now enlisted in the Army.

Marcus
12-19-2001, 01:19 PM
The Air Force was always something to do if everything else just failed. My grandfather was a pilot in WW2. You pull some many G's in a plane, it would almost be fun!!!!!!!!

antfarm007
12-20-2001, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by CeDaRPoInTzTeR
The Air Force was always something to do if everything else just failed. My grandfather was a pilot in WW2. You pull some many G's in a plane, it would almost be fun!!!!!!!!

And you get paid to do it! I seriously considered the Air Force Academy, and even had Senator Sander Levin say he would reccomend me, but I decided on Harvard.

Jokercoaster
12-20-2001, 07:52 PM
'm sorry but I'm never joing the Armed forces, nothing against military people or anything. I don't want to be in it. But I support anyone that does decide join.

Aaron
12-21-2001, 01:28 AM
Both my parents were in the reserves; I think that's how they met. I have no intention of going into the army and when I told my mom that I saw the ROTC class drilling, she said, "If you inlist in the army, me and your dad are going to disown you." I don't think she actually meant it, but she definatley wouldn't be happy if I did join the military, not that I will.