PDA

View Full Version : Hammerhead Stall in England?

BryanWood
12-26-2001, 03:26 PM
According to rcdb.com, Vekoma's first HHS is being built in Fantasy Island in England. Can anyone confirm this? With Pictures too?

Andy Rathe
12-27-2001, 12:44 PM
Yes, this is apparently true! There are no pics yet, but the park has said that it's installing a HHS, opening sometime in 2002. Exactly when is anyone's guess as they haven't started laying track for their new SLC, Jubilee Odyssey yet!

TopGun77
01-01-2002, 12:30 AM
Sorry, im still not sure what a hammerhead stall is. Can someobne explain???? Thanks

Andy Rathe
01-01-2002, 08:56 AM
It's a U-shaped section of track, similar to Superman: Ultimte Escape, but with sit-down cars and no twists. The car leaves the station; I'm not sure myself whether it's launched or pulled out, and flies up to the top of one vertical track section. The car turns round so it's facing the ground - this is the "stall" part, simulating when a plane stalls in mid-flight. The car then plunges down to the ground and upthe opposite section of vertical track, where it performs the same manouvre. That's pretty much it; I don't know how many times you go around, but hopefully I'll find out later this year!

EastCoaster
01-03-2002, 12:46 AM
I think it uses a lift system similar to Deja Vu with the cart and a cable pulling it along an inner track. Their website is down or I would post a pic where you can see what I am talking about.

Andy Rathe
01-04-2002, 02:08 PM
I've just heard that this ride has now been delayed until 2003. I don't know why - can anyone fill me in?

whirl n hurl
01-05-2002, 03:06 AM
2003? If that is true, that stinks. I'm hoping this thing is a success, so that they will build one here in the states. It looks like such a blast!

Hector
01-05-2002, 11:59 AM
I wish it would have been built in Florida two years ago, Ah well. I hope they get it for next year, but if they don't then it looks like they had two new attractions in two years (if they don't have one planned already)

Dark Luke
01-06-2002, 10:03 AM
http://www.rcdb.com/installationdetail1572.htm

Chip
01-07-2002, 01:47 AM
That's really cool. The video of it on Vekoma's website looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see pictures of construction and I really want to know how it's going to flip at the top of the track.

James
01-17-2002, 08:54 AM
back when thrillride was still up
they had something about 1 of them being made in florida near wdw or ioa ;party;

Gareth Lewis
01-21-2002, 05:42 PM
I can confirm this, says so in First Drop but neither it nor I can provide a reason why it has been postponed. Its not financial difficulties so it must be simply to impracticale to open 2 huge coasters at the same time. plus it prolongs the publicity for FI.

Skye
01-23-2002, 01:32 PM
they probably just didn't want to open two coasters in the same year

SteelScorcher1
02-14-2002, 10:47 AM
Probably would be too financially straining to open two big coasters in the same year...look at it this way:

Jubilee Odysee costs a lot of money(no known figures) so they build it and it attracts a lot of new guests. Next year the park attendence might go down a little bit so they add F1 and now increase their guests...

Skye
02-14-2002, 04:32 PM
Well, i read a rumour they are building all this at a loss to get a reputation for having the best coasters. Been built in their current location (soft ground, far from populated areas) it appears to be true. It's hard to see this park running at a profit and been self supporting. Just hope it stays open.

keilo6
06-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Ok, so we all know that Jubilee Odyssey was meant to break the 200 foot barrier in all the early reports and now we know that its about 167 feet.

Now in the early reports it was also said that FI got planning permission for the Hammerhead stall easily because it was a few feet lower than Jubilee Odyssey which meant the height was no problem.

(can you see where this is going?..)

SO!! How tall is the Hammerhead Stall REALLY going to be? is it going to actually be as tall as originally reported and tower over JO and MRC? Or will it be even smaller than the two? Not that, that means it will be any less thrilling an experience of course.

Skye
06-28-2002, 02:06 PM
we'll probably have to wait until its finished

GigaForce31889
06-28-2002, 09:06 PM
I didnt know what this was until now sounds cool...y doesnt Vekoma build their prototype rides in AMERICA and ENGLAND, well this on is but at least not Taiwan (Tilt Coaster). This sounds cool maybe when i hav my coaster trip to England ill ride it