PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Coaster Forum Joke

Raptor
12-26-2001, 04:17 PM
Whats your favorite Coaster Forum running joke? I'll try to list every one I can think of...

Theres Honan's Hold the Onions...
Kraken's MS Paint image
Dekalb's obsession with B&M
Dekalb's Deka Language
Melissa's "mmm... cookies"
Bench: The Ride
Bicycle Streak & Farm Force
Thrillbot's Adventures
The Barracudas
Ed Markey's Adventure
The Adventure stories in general
The Alpha threads (Alpha Laundry Detergents!)
"The Dekalb Went Down to Switzerland"
"Zero Onion" - All Your Onions are not belong to Honan!"
Lemon Chills will derail Disaster Transport
X is held together by duct tape
The Evil Princess Fan Club
The NSCIGC Club
Thrillbot, TB2, and LOGGERbot(They're fun to make fun of)
The Intamin Guy!!
UKEO
"Maggie" - ADDED
Mamba919 and his pointless hilarious spam - ADDED
B&M Bathroom Appliances - ADDED
Bob and Dan in the RCT Picture Adventures - ADDED
Amy(AKA Evil Princess)'s "affair" with Thrillbot, Kraken, and lamp posts - ADDED
Reebe' and his 110% dibs - ADDED
TopGun77 and "Wench" (from the chat) - ADDED
Being "cobbed" (from the chat) - ADDED
Medusa & Medusa, Shockwave & Shockwave, Boomerang Boomerang Boomerang - ADDED

If you can think of more, list them! When I think of more, I'll list them too.

My vote is for the immortal "Hold the onions, please" by Honan.

HisDougness
12-28-2001, 02:54 AM
Mine is "Hold the Onions."

1984 v. 2.5
12-28-2001, 11:50 AM
Easy, "Hold the onions, please!"

Cuddy
12-28-2001, 12:03 PM
the NSCIGC for it spawned so much "interest". Adn funny how it was never revealed and dropped, probbaly for the best.

Aaron
12-28-2001, 01:57 PM
Tough decision. All these are classic jokes. I'm going to list my top five, because I can't only give mention to just one of these.
1) The famed "Hold the onions" quote by Honan
2) X-cellents barracuda incidents
3) Raptor and Kraken's "The DeKalb Went Down to Switzerland" song
4) The Evil Princess Fan Club, started by Kevin Winkler
5) I don't see this option here, but it showed up in the "Thrillnetwork Quotes" thread, http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14288&perpage=15&pagenumber=1,
and I have to give credit to a previous sig of Rider. It said, "Microsoft Windows: The Ride. Crashing Soon at a Six Flags Near You." It cracks me up every time I read it.

The_Evil_Tediz
12-28-2001, 02:22 PM
Here are my top 5:
1. Hold the Onions
2. Bench: The Ride
3. Kraken's Self Portrait
4. EPFC
5. TIE: Maggie(which is not on there) AND DeKalb's Beemer Fetish

Chip
12-28-2001, 05:17 PM
Honan's hold the onions is probably the best. The second best IMO is a little running joke my brother and I have with that member Mamba919. He posted nonsense about "beat harm", tearing down Millennium Force, "people throwing job hamburgers at the Mamba", and "Jebus coasters." It was very annoying at first, but now I look back at it and laugh. "Beat harm!"

APJSFR1
12-28-2001, 09:20 PM
It has to be "beemerlicous"

SFGadvKing
12-28-2001, 09:58 PM
of course #1 is UKEO, second is bench: the ride-that thread is hilarious. i dont see why the hold the onions is all that funny, its really not. i think that thing with the "hold the onions" inserted for the whole "all your base" thing is really funny, here it is:

In A.D. 2001
Spam was beginning.

Alex Westerman: What happen ?
Tom Zelif: Somebody spammed up us the Onion!
Jim Payne: We get Private Message!
Captain: What !
Jim Payne: Main screen turn on
Alex Westerman: It's Honan !!
Honan_Beetch: How are you moderators !!
Honan_Beetch: All your onions are not belonging to Honan!!
Honan_Beetch: You are on the way to holding Onions!
Alex Westerman: What you type !!
Honan_Beetch: You have no chance to spam hold the Onions!
Honan_Beetch: HA HA HA HA ....
Alex Westerman: Take off every 'Onion'
Alex Westerman: You know what you doing
Alex Westerman: Hold 'Onion'
Alex Westerman: For Burger Justice

now that is hilarious!

Raging Rider
12-28-2001, 10:07 PM
Markey's Adventure's was pretty hilarious when it started, but I like beemerlicious.

theriddler
12-29-2001, 03:48 PM
Hold the Onions was retarded,and I never unserstood the whole NSCg...whatever club and I missed Farm Force and Bycicle Streak...so hands down Bench: The Ride, that was really clever.

PhantomRevnge67
12-29-2001, 06:36 PM
Jokercoasters signature

HisDougness
12-29-2001, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by theriddler
Hold the Onions was retarded,and I never unserstood the whole NSCg...whatever club and I missed Farm Force and Bycicle Streak...so hands down Bench: The Ride, that was really clever.

Hold the onions was retarded, but you've gotta admit, it was spam at its best. Honan was a true master of the art of spam. With most guys who frequently spam, they get noticed by the mods and either clean up their act or get booted. Honan though... 2000 posts of unmoderated spam. Wow.

1984 v. 2.5
12-30-2001, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by HisDougness

Hold the onions was retarded, but you've gotta admit, it was spam at its best. Honan was a true master of the art of spam. With most guys who frequently spam, they get noticed by the mods and either clean up their act or get booted. Honan though... 2000 posts of unmoderated spam. Wow.

Definitely. I'm currently in WWHBC, or the "We Want Honan Back Club." (If you'd like to join, just PM me,) andI think that Honan may truly be the most brilliant mind on Coasterforum ever. When you look back on it, especially in his prime, 90% of his posts were spam. But because they were so good, he never got caught. Now that's quality spam.

HisDougness
12-31-2001, 03:44 PM
I think you need to add my B&M Bathroom Appliances thread to the list.

miXmedia
12-31-2001, 07:15 PM
1. "Hold the onions, please" deffinately lol

Jeeze I don't even know half of these... I know: B&M Bathroom Appliances, Lemon Chills derailing DT, Mystery of the Mod club: NSCIGC, The Barracuda, Zero Onion, The Adventures, Alpha Threads

The rest? WOW I miss alot!!

HEY! What about Bob, Dan and the "Is this a peppermint?" RCT photo edit stories???! I forget who started that.. you should add that to the list

CoasterKid23
01-01-2002, 12:37 PM
Wow, I didn't realize there were so many. AYB and Hold the Onions (All you're onions are not belongng to Honan) are the best. The Adventure stories (EM, Thrillbot, and the Barracudas) come next. The EPFC and Dekalb's beemers (and the Dekalb went down to Georgia) are close too. Oh, they're all so funny!

SFGadvKing
01-01-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by miXmedia
HEY! What about Bob, Dan and the "Is this a peppermint?" RCT photo edit stories???! I forget who started that.. you should add that to the list

you asked for it....i'll give you it. heres the link: click here (http://www.coasterforum.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12313&highlight=pictures)

Amy
01-02-2002, 09:23 PM
Honan just brought a vintage one to my attention from the chat...my affairs with Thrillbot, the Lampposts (and other various inanimate objects), Kraken... lol good times.

Raptor
01-02-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Amy
Honan just brought a vintage one to my attention from the chat...my affairs with Thrillbot, the Lampposts (and other various inanimate objects), Kraken... lol good times.

I don't know about that.. thats not really a "classic". But I guess I'll add it anyway.

Raptor
01-02-2002, 09:37 PM
You know what that made me realize? Coaster Forum isn't the same without Amy being Evil Princess and posting a lot. Just like it isn't without seeing Honan's posts, its weird without seeing Evil Princess's posts too.

Marcus
01-02-2002, 10:28 PM
Well nothing will beat Hold The Onions by Honan because that is classic and no matter how hard I emphasis it, derailing of Disaster Transport with Lemon Chills will never be as big as that. I mean come on, its Honan. Just wait till 02 and DT is derailed by a Lemon Chill! Then will see which is best. Heed my warnings!!!!
BWHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Raptor
03-25-2002, 07:42 PM
I just thought I'd bump this thread, because it seems like most people have forgotten about most of the coaster forum jokes...

cedarpoint4ever
03-25-2002, 11:09 PM
it's a tie between "hold the onions" and B&M bathroom appliances. Both of those were great.

Andy Hodgson
03-26-2002, 08:29 AM
I'd have to go with the Barracudas on that one. Just plain hilarious. I'm glad I got to be a part of that as my old self: Jester. Anyways, I didn't see Honan's post as too funny. I saw it at school one day, and I was about to put a post right under his that said the MickeyD's song:

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, lpickles, onions, on a Sesame seed bun."

NWcoaster-rider
03-26-2002, 12:26 PM
I am SO mad right now. I feel like an outsider. My old computer sucked so I couldn't get on to the boards and post, so I ended up missing all of these. Can someone please hook me up with some links to the threads you're takling about? TY
:flip: :flip: :flip:

James
03-26-2002, 12:47 PM
farm force and all the dumb things that went with it...like wind jammer to go to CP...and stuff like that..of the alpha-spams...
back in the day when M-B-G counted as a post # ...

TopGun77
03-26-2002, 09:51 PM
One of the lesser known ones, the INTAMIN GUY!! (HHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNNSSSSSS) and, one of me and kraken's creations, UKEO! I also loved maggie...that was classic.

chilled
04-02-2002, 12:43 AM
reebe' and gyros

miXmedia
04-02-2002, 12:46 AM
Gyros rule, Hold the Onions, reebe was a trip lol

HisDougness
04-02-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by cedarpoint4ever
it's a tie between "hold the onions" and B&M bathroom appliances. Both of those were great.

See Ben!! Someone thought B&M Bathroom appliances was funny other than myself! I say we reopen that thread!

Raptor
04-02-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by chilled
reebe' and gyros

Reebe': Isn't that some sort of sleeping bag??

:D

miXmedia
04-02-2002, 01:22 AM
If anyone was in the chat Target: The Store

random bird

chilled
04-02-2002, 01:24 AM
Dont forget to join RRC Reebe' Rules Club

Just add it to ur sig

Raptor
04-09-2002, 07:39 PM
Heres 3 more I will add to the ever growing list:

Reebe' and his 110% dibs
TopGun77 and "Wench" (from the chat)
Being "cobbed" (from the chat)

List more if you can think of them!

edh101985
04-09-2002, 07:41 PM
Dekalb and all her nasty thoughts about walter bolliger :D

Cuddy
04-10-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by chilled
Dont forget to join RRC Reebe' Rules Club

Just add it to ur sig

Then how about the RSC...Reebe' Sucks Club

Haven't we had enough NSCIGC spawned clubs anyway??

Skye
04-10-2002, 02:22 PM
I missed the hold the onions joke what was it about?

Chip
04-10-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by miXmedia
random bird
That random bird is pretty funny now that I think about it. A lot of these inside jokes stem in chat, people, so you know what? Visit chat! I'll be there and you know how much you like me :rolleyes: ;)

Raptor
04-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Skye
I missed the hold the onions joke what was it about?
How could you have missed it? It started in, like, August!

Well, I myself wrote a detailed history of Hold the Onions:

Its the second to last post in THIS THREAD (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15192)

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7984 ~ The thread that started it all.

BimmerZ3
04-16-2002, 04:47 PM
i feel unspecial. i dont know any of these jokes. i guess i just haven't been here long enough. o well.