PDA

View Full Version : A note on RPG's

Kyle L
12-27-2001, 06:02 PM
He yall, I just got a RPG for christmas and I have a few things to say. So heres my RPG Note-

To me RPG's are the most creative games ever, The reason, It takes you further than a Video Game, After Playing FFX I look at all my other games, Ace Combat 4, SSX, Smugglers Run. And when you think about it, all theese other games just have goals! In RPG's your whole entire game outcome is based on what you do, say, and even act! For example- A queston comes up, She askes "do you like me?" And you have answers like "Yes" "NO!" "and Im not sure". This affects your charecters relation! This is why you have to think in RPG's. Not just go ahead and do. RPG's also but you in Fantasy environments. You imagine them in your head and dazzel about what it would be like in the real world. Theese worlds are so intense that I look out my window to make sure the world is how it allways is! I really get into RPG's with my imagination. Back when I was about 5 my imagintaion was great! I could imagine anything in my head and imagine fun things to do! As you get older it doenst become much fun anymore! But lateley with RPG's i think what it would be like if I were the charecter. At times Id feel relieved, happy, sad, and suicidal.

RPG's have taken me to new thoughts, so you all can add notes of your own, and thanks for reading, o yea! I have a quote!

RPG's= Really Patient Games

TXCoasterGuy1
12-27-2001, 10:33 PM
Yes I love RPG's there are few good ones on the ps2 of course besides the incredible FFX which is all i need. Alot of my friends dont have the patience to play a 40hour rpg. they like pickup and play games. i love the depth of rpg's and how you become immersed in their worlds. i dont see why some people hate the turn system it aint so bad.

SFGadvKing
12-27-2001, 11:36 PM
i guess i can say i like RPG's. my all time favorite video game is zelda: ocorina of time. another one of my favorite games is the first shenmue. i dont know if i can call those two games "RPG's". shenmue is the first "FREE" game (i forgot what i stands for) but that goes even farther than regular RPG's. i think zelda is also a RPG but that also goes farther than the normal RPG. there arent too many other ones i liked. i tried playing grandia2 for DC but i just couldnt get hooked on it.

btw RPG=Role Playing Game, not Really Patient Game

coasterguy1
12-28-2001, 09:08 AM
I like RPGs. I loved the Zelda series, and I cant wait for them to come out with Zelda on Gamecube. I also liked Dark Cloud, even withthe annoyancies that come with the game(like repairing your weapon)I havent played and of the Final Fantasies.

Tim
12-28-2001, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by SFGadvKing

btw RPG=Role Playing Game, not Really Patient Game

He knows that RGP = Role Playing Game. He was commenting on how you have to be patient with a RPG, thus making it a Really Patient Game.