PDA

View Full Version : SFOG presents Superman



EastCoaster
01-01-2002, 03:15 PM
I have made a replica of the ride after sneaking a peak at the blueprints.;) I would like to see if other people can do better or improve on this ride. Lets see everyones ideas of what Superman at SFOG are. To get into the "Prone" postion look straight down and press the Q button.

EastCoaster
01-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Here are some pics:

EastCoaster
01-01-2002, 03:28 PM
more pics

coasterbuzz
01-02-2002, 08:45 AM
That inversion looks all jacked up... if it's an inverted coaster, shouldn't that inversion be modified so that you're not upside down at the bottom of that boomerang? Is that how the real ride does it?

birderboy
01-02-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by coasterbuzz
That inversion looks all jacked up... if it's an inverted coaster, shouldn't that inversion be modified so that you're not upside down at the bottom of that boomerang? Is that how the real ride does it?

Well, technically, nobody knows right now, but anyways it's a flying coaster, they can do that, he just used inverted coaster track. Just press q twice to get into track view, then look down for prone position!

Jhcbiinoc
01-02-2002, 12:46 PM
Looks to be kind of a short ride.....but intense. I would download it but for some reason I cannot get NL to download to my computer. I have been busy designing my own anyway, RCT was fun but NL takes it to the next level-still getting the hang of it right now though.

EastCoaster
01-02-2002, 02:07 PM
The actual ride is listed as 2760'. The ride I made is 2950'. The Pretzel Loop is just one of the many ideas I have for a flying coaster. I know B&M will make an awsome ride no matter what. Do you guys like my coaster or can you make a better Superman? If you can do a better job or improve my coaster please post your tracks in this thread.

Billycool120
01-03-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Jhcbiinoc
Looks to be kind of a short ride.....but intense. I would download it but for some reason I cannot get NL to download to my computer. I have been busy designing my own anyway, RCT was fun but NL takes it to the next level-still getting the hang of it right now though.

Try downloading it to your desktop. Then open up the editor, go to load, and then drag the icon from the desktop to your NL files

DDFire19
01-05-2002, 04:52 PM
I'm sure that on the pretzel loop the supports wont be as elaborate.
Here's how I envision the pretzel loop. You enter it the way you do on X's second raven turn except in the inverted position. At the bottom of it, you are on your back in the "I don't know the name of it" position. Then, you do another raven turn like first one on X and you exit in the prone/flying position. When looked at on it's side, it looks like a pretzel.

Jhcbiinoc
01-06-2002, 09:59 PM
>Try downloading it to your desktop. Then open up the editor, go to load, and then drag the icon from the desktop to your NL files<

Thanks-worked great!

EastCoaster
01-06-2002, 11:00 PM
Some of the poles aren't supports they are just a triangle with a S in the middle. Who knows what the final ride will look like.

DDFire19
01-12-2002, 01:10 AM
OHHHHHHH.....Thanks. That's not a bad idea for them to put the superman logo on the pretzel, especially if the pretzel was right next to the path.

EastCoaster
01-12-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by DDFire19
OHHHHHHH.....Thanks. That's not a bad idea for them to put the superman logo on the pretzel, especially if the pretzel was right next to the path.
Just what I was thinking. I hope SFOG does something special with this ride.

miXmedia
01-15-2002, 11:41 PM
Sweet! Looks good! is this your thought on the layout or do you know that this is correct? I know theres the pretzel loop

EastCoaster
01-16-2002, 06:17 PM
I designed the ride for SFOG. j/k :) I only hope it is some thing like this. I have been on so many B&M's it only seems logical to have the ride something like this. I know B&M have not let me down yet. I can't wait to see the trains.