PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Gamecube Help



Marcus
01-05-2002, 01:43 PM
This is a topic is where you can posts your problems in getting past parts in Nintendo Gamecube games and see if there is any advice for beating it.

Heres mine

Rouge Squadron 2: Rouge Leader

Can anyone offer any advice on getting past Redeveous at Cloud City. I get in there and I have no idea what to shoot first and then I get angered. Ive been trying to beat it for weeks but I just fail, fail again

Super Smash Brothers Melee

Has anyone beat Event 28 with like 12 Kirbys? I need help on that because its like impossible and the death stage. Anyone have any advice?

Morgan
01-05-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by CeDaRPoInTzTeR


Super Smash Brothers Melee

Has anyone beat Event 28 with like 12 Kirbys? I need help on that because its like impossible and the death stage. Anyone have any advice?

Event 28?!? That was easy! Just use Donkey Kong and keep doing the B+Down attack.

I need help on event 51 on Super Smash Brothers Melee. Any suggestions for it?

RagingBull#1
01-06-2002, 01:55 AM
morgan you could probably help me out on this i think it is event 38 or 29. it is where you are samus and you have to beat like 3 other metal samu's. how do you do it i have been trying for a long time.

Morgan
01-06-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by RagingBull#1
morgan you could probably help me out on this i think it is event 38 or 29. it is where you are samus and you have to beat like 3 other metal samu's. how do you do it i have been trying for a long time.

I had trouble on that stage too. It just requires pure skill. Let's see...sometimes the Samus' will kill themselves, so that helps. Eveyonce in a while do an attack, but remember to be concerned about your damage percent. Three Samus' punching you at one time can really hurt. When one is all alone, there's your time to attack.

Tim
01-06-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by CeDaRPoInTzTeR
This is a topic is where you can posts your problems in getting past parts in Nintendo Gamecube games and see if there is any advice for beating it.

Heres mine

Rouge Squadron 2: Rouge Leader

Can anyone offer any advice on getting past Redeveous at Cloud City. I get in there and I have no idea what to shoot first and then I get angered. Ive been trying to beat it for weeks but I just fail, fail again


I assume you are actually talking about Raid on Bespin. If so, it gave me some trouble also. What you need to do first is destroy all the balloons with the guns on them. Once you do that, you go over to the city and then destroy all the power generators in the trenches of the city. It can be tricky to find them, so just use your radar and look around in the trenches (they are always in a straight part of the trench). After that, head over to the final area indicated by your radar and take out all of the tie bombers. They are slow movers, so that part isn't too difficult as long as you head straight over there.

coastercory06
01-06-2002, 07:50 PM
Alright, here's mine:

I just got THPS3 yesterday. I can beat the first two levels, but I just can't win a medal in the Rio competition. Can anyone help me? Also, please post any Madden 2002 tips (My best friend keeps kicking my butt and I'm sick of it).

Marcus
01-07-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Morgan


Event 28?!? That was easy! Just use Donkey Kong and keep doing the B+Down attack.

I need help on event 51 on Super Smash Brothers Melee. Any suggestions for it?

Son of a Beast!!! I dont believe it! I usually use just about every character except Ness, Peach, and DK. It would figure it would be him!!! But thanks anyways. Do you knw what characters I have to unlock to get the next 20 events?

TopGun77
01-07-2002, 08:41 PM
To beat event 51, use the R button. It is your best freind. When any hand attacks, jump up and press r at the last moment. When u perfect the technique u will never gte damage from the again. With kirby, i up kick them between every move. I stick to one, beat it then work on the other. It is actually easy if you use R.

swOHman
01-08-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by KcCoasterKid
Alright, here's mine:

I just got THPS3 yesterday. I can beat the first two levels, but I just can't win a medal in the Rio competition. Can anyone help me? Also, please post any Madden 2002 tips (My best friend keeps kicking my butt and I'm sick of it).

The best thing to do in Rio is stick to the outside of the course and put together huge 200,000 point combos by grinding from rail to rail around the outside. Start at one of the corner guard rails and keep jumping and landing in a grind. You speed up each time you jump and land in a grind, so you can hop from rail to rail. If you see you're not going to make it to a rail land in a manual and manual to the closest rail and start grinding away again. If you start losing control just jump off and take the points you've already built up and start again. I've gotten almost 700,000 points doing this and got all 99.9's in the comp. Don't forget to kickflip while in the air in between grinds. This trick usually works on all levels, it's just a matter of finding good places to string together rails.

In Madden I highly suggest you pick one team and learn their playbook inside and out. The practice mode where Madden runs you through the plays helps a lot. Pick about 3 or 4 plays you like for each down and learn them inside and out. Make sure you can run the ball good. I suggest using weak side counters out of the weak I, or FB leads up the gut in the I formation or strong I formation. When you're throwing the ball make sure you know who your number 1 receiver is. You can find that out by looking at the routes on the play selection screen. The route that is in orange instead of yellow is your number 1 route. Look to that receiver first, and then if he's covered look to your other options. I suggest using any kind of post corner route. The defense really bites on those. Don't forget to lead the receiver by pressing the Z button while throwing. On defense I highly suggest always running out of the 4-3. If your team has good DBs try blitzing a lot (the whip man and double X are my favorite blitzes) if not run zone plays like the cover 4. My last suggestion is play the computer on harder levels. That is the best way to improve. I hope these suggestions help you out.

Morgan
01-08-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by TopGun77
To beat event 51, use the R button. It is your best freind. When any hand attacks, jump up and press r at the last moment. When u perfect the technique u will never gte damage from the again. With kirby, i up kick them between every move. I stick to one, beat it then work on the other. It is actually easy if you use R.

Hey, thanks for the advice. I was able to get farther than ever before. I actually killed one of the hands!!! I still have to beat it though.

KoasterKing
01-15-2002, 08:14 PM
i dont exactly need help but can some one answer my question please: is THPS3 harder on teh GC because my friends has it on ps2 and he said my GC version was alot harder.

swOHman
01-16-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by KoasterKing
i dont exactly need help but can some one answer my question please: is THPS3 harder on teh GC because my friends has it on ps2 and he said my GC version was alot harder.

He may be talking about the fact that for the GameCube you're either going to have to get used to playing with the smaller than usual D-pad or get used to using the analog stick (acts as digital in the game). Since the PS2's d-pad is where the GCN's analog stick is people who play the PS2 version will have some trouble adjusting at first. Other than that both games are identitical in control and gameplay.

KoasterKing
01-18-2002, 05:40 PM
im not exactly having trouble with a game but i do have a question(and instead of creating a whole new thread i thought i would just post it here)

does anyone know if THPS3 on gamecube is harder than the ps1 version, because my friend came over and he has it on PS1 but when he was playing my gamecube version he said it was alot harder.


thanks

RiFT
01-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Raid on Bespin - Rogue Leader -

Tell your wingmen to go after the TIEs. You should shoot down the balloons. To do this, shoot the part a little underneath, that's what's keeping the balloon up. After most of the TIEs are down, the transport moves on. Keep doing this. If you keep getting shot down by the TIEs then just let your wingmen kill them. Make sure the balloons are all down or else your transport will be shot down.

Second part of the stage - shoot down the balloons and tell your wingmen to shoot the TIEs. Shoot some on your own, use your targeting computer to find the things you need to shoot up. Then kill the last few TIEs and balloons.

You can also go to www.gamefaqs.com

KoasterKing
01-18-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by swOHman


He may be talking about the fact that for the GameCube you're either going to have to get used to playing with the smaller than usual D-pad or get used to using the analog stick (acts as digital in the game). Since the PS2's d-pad is where the GCN's analog stick is people who play the PS2 version will have some trouble adjusting at first. Other than that both games are identitical in control and gameplay.

thanks, swOHman i was really confused.