PDA

View Full Version : Bad news GameCube fans

Tim
01-07-2002, 09:48 PM
Star Fox Adventures and Eternal Darkness have both been delayed to the 2nd quarter of this year. As two of the most anticipated games of they year for any platform, this will be a setback to the big N and its fans (including me.)

swOHman
01-08-2002, 12:03 AM
Not too surprising. Nintendo has a history of delaying games, but it is always for the better. We know that these games will show incredible polish when they do come out, and will probably be excellent titles. Nintendo will never release a game that they don't feel is perfect in Yamauchi's eyes. This is why Nintendo's games are always top quality. As long as I have Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Advance, and Galleon: Islands of Mystery it should hold me over until Star Fox Adventures and Mario Sunshine in the summer.

ghosta
01-08-2002, 02:58 PM
But another good thing coming out of it, is that we will be able to play it over the summer. Instead of many people getting the games and still being in school, like I. Also we wont have to spend so much money at one time of the year.

Marcus
01-08-2002, 03:39 PM
Great Gamecube is pulling an X on us. Son of a! O well, I probably wont even by or rent those games until next year. Im still focused on playing all the ones that are out.

Anaconda
01-08-2002, 08:14 PM
Well, at least we know it'll be good, b/c the extra time will give them time to make the graphics really super-good.

ChronoTrigger
01-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Remember something,people. This is Nintendo. They have a history of delaying games. But the main reason they will delay a game is for PERFECTION. Nintendo has a great history of making great games. Sure, like everyone they have duds, but Nintendo really strives for perfection.

Tim
01-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Galleon has also been delayed. This one until around September however. I'm not sure what exactly is going on with the Cube, but its beginning to look a lot like the N64 did at the beginning (which, believe me, I hate to say). Games aren't coming out very regularly at this point, and the first three months of this year look rather poor, with only a few important games coming out: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, NBA Courtside, and NBA Street.

While the PS2 was able to get away with a bleak 3-6 month stretch, I'm not sure how the GameCube will do. Right now is the most important time for Nintendo to get things right and prove to consumers that there will be a large supply of fresh (aka NOT 2 year old ports like Crazy Taxi) games coming to the system. Granted, the summer months look fantastic for the system, but getting to that point is going to be rather painful.

I do agree with what you guys are saying however. When Nintendo delays a game it almost always is worth the wait. That's coming from fans however. All the general public sees is that "Hey, they don't have as many games as the other stuff. It must suck or something" or to quote EGM and swOHman ""Cuz it's like 20 times better. And it has more gigabytes and everything. And it has a Pentium 3 processor. And all that stuff." I myself couldn't believe that when I read it in the latest EGM, but its true. That quote right there explains the pure ignorance of the general public. Unfortunately, its often mob rule, and regardless of how ignorant they may be, they are the ones buying most of the games and dollars speak more than words.

swOHman
01-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Tim
Galleon has also been delayed. This one until around September however. I'm not sure what exactly is going on with the Cube, but its beginning to look a lot like the N64 did at the beginning (which, believe me, I hate to say). Games aren't coming out very regularly at this point, and the first three months of this year look rather poor, with only a few important games coming out: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, NBA Courtside, and NBA Street.

While the PS2 was able to get away with a bleak 3-6 month stretch, I'm not sure how the GameCube will do. Right now is the most important time for Nintendo to get things right and prove to consumers that there will be a large supply of fresh (aka NOT 2 year old ports like Crazy Taxi) games coming to the system. Granted, the summer months look fantastic for the system, but getting to that point is going to be rather painful.

I do agree with what you guys are saying however. When Nintendo delays a game it almost always is worth the wait. That's coming from fans however. All the general public sees is that "Hey, they don't have as many games as the other stuff. It must suck or something" or to quote EGM and swOHman ""Cuz it's like 20 times better. And it has more gigabytes and everything. And it has a Pentium 3 processor. And all that stuff." I myself couldn't believe that when I read it in the latest EGM, but its true. That quote right there explains the pure ignorance of the general public. Unfortunately, its often mob rule, and regardless of how ignorant they may be, they are the ones buying most of the games and dollars speak more than words.

Ouch!! September huh? Well that gets under my skin a little, but it is not a Nintendo game so I can't blame them. I think this is a crucial stretch, but not as crucial as this summer and fall. This time of the year many people don't have as much money because of the holiday season therefore they can't buy as many games. It seems that every console that launches late fall always has a lag right after Christmas. The Xbox doesn't really have any big titles coming out any time soon either, so Nintendo may not be in that big of trouble. Also with the news of Nintendo software outselling Xbox software the first month and a half, it actually looks pretty good for Nintendo. I think a game like NBA Courtside will be a very big seller not only because it is a quality Basketball game (it's looking far better than NBA Live), but also because they have Kobe Bryant's face plastered all over the box and ads which utilizes the fact that most game buyers buy on image over quality. They'll see Kobe Bryant and have to have the game (it works especially good with younger gamers). Also a game like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle will make huge amounts of money because those who didn't get to play the Dreamcast version (like me) will eat it up, and those who have played the earlier one will be interested in the extra multiplayer features and the connectivity to the GBA and Sonic Advance (a feature I'm very excited about). I think what is different between the N64 and the GCN is the third party support. When we went through dry spells without first party games with the N64 we were basically without any games, but with the GCN there are going to be much more third party games to fill those voids (and quality ones at that). While this first quarter looks rather dull, I'd be surprised to see a time like this in the rest of the console's life. Once we tough this out we won't be without games anymore!!

About the quote in my sig. I read that in EGM and couldn't stop laughing. I think they actually put that in there to make up for their constant praise of the Xbox and neglect of the GCN. I read it to my mom and sister (who know absolutely nothing about gaming) and they laughed their heads off too. It really does show what a lot of the gaming GP are like, but also a lot of GP hear the name Nintendo and will want to buy the GCN (those that haven't had the false truth of the "kiddy" image burned in their heads).

Kraken
01-11-2002, 05:32 PM
Oh No...this sucks. I must admit that since the release of Super Smash Bros. Melee and Pikmin, we really haven't seen much. I was really looking foreward to these games. Of course, this is come to be expected from Nintendo. They always push release dates back.

slipknot8527
01-12-2002, 05:02 PM
I admit I wanted a Gamecube for a year...but at the last second I changed my mind to a XBOX. Look at the games availabe. Gamecube has Star Wars, Pikmin, Luigis Mansion.....and what else? Nothing! Crazy Taxi (2 years old), Waverace Bluestorm (EXACTLY the same game as the N64 version) and Simpsons Road Rage (terrible game).

XBOX has Halo, Project Gotham Racing, Silent Hill 2, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2X, Max Payne, Nascar Thunder and Heat, NHL Hitz, NFL Fever and Madden 2002, and we are getting THPS 3 and GTA3 in the near future. And its only been out for a few months! I am very glad I changed my mind and bought an XBOX.

Wild Thing
01-12-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by slipknot8527
Waverace Bluestorm (EXACTLY the same game as the N64 version)

Where do you get that from?

antfarm007
01-13-2002, 01:11 AM
I'm sort of undecided here. I'm looking to buy either GCN or PS2 and am undecided so far. I truly feel GameCube is the best system, but I don't think it will be developed for as much as PS2, and although I prefer Nintendo games over anything else. I am wondering what I should take to college. i know Nintendo is qualities, but I want a DVD player and a wide selection of games (although almost every 64 game i have is made by nintendo) Nintendo's developer relations arent as great as sonys, and many will skip over GCN, but PS2 is hard to develop for, and XBOX i am avoiding alltogether.. GTA3 cant be ported to the GCN, because the GCNs mini DVDs cant hold the data that DVD-Roms can and would have to be scaled down. I want to wait until summer to see who will survive, but I want to have one by the end of February so I can finally put my 64 in the basement (along with my mint condition NES, fully operational, with nearly every game, that all still work.) The console wars will be decided by summer, and it looks good for sony, because i dont think nintendo can survive whats coming up, looks like another Dreamcast to me :(

coasterguy1
01-13-2002, 12:13 PM
You forgot that there is Batman:Vengeance, SSX Tricky, Tony Hawk 3, NHL Hitz(yes it is on Gamecube) an there is Madden 2002. Seriously, where did you get your info? I cant wait for Sonic Adeventure 2, and Soul Calliber 2. But there will be some games coming out for Gamecube during that bleak period of time that should keep it afloat, and then Nintendo will bring the big guns out. I think GTA3 could be ported over, but it probably wont. The mini disks hold 1.5 gigs.

swOHman
01-13-2002, 09:48 PM
I admit I wanted a Gamecube for a year...but at the last second I changed my mind to a XBOX. Look at the games availabe. Gamecube has Star Wars, Pikmin, Luigis Mansion.....and what else? Nothing! Crazy Taxi (2 years old), Waverace Bluestorm (EXACTLY the same game as the N64 version) and Simpsons Road Rage (terrible game).

XBOX has Halo, Project Gotham Racing, Silent Hill 2, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2X, Max Payne, Nascar Thunder and Heat, NHL Hitz, NFL Fever and Madden 2002, and we are getting THPS 3 and GTA3 in the near future. And its only been out for a few months! I am very glad I changed my mind and bought an XBOX.

You forgot a few games (major sarcasm). You do realize that the GCN has so many more games than you mentioned right? You forgot Super Smash Bros. Melee, a game that is getting better reviews than FFX. Did you forget that Madden 2002 is also on GameCube? Also have you heard that EA said the GameCube version looks the best of the three? Don't you know that we already have Tony Hawk 3, and we've had it since launch? What about Batman: Vengeance? Heard of Super Monkey Ball? Cel Damage? Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2? Xtreme G3? SSX Tricky? NHL Hitz 2002? NFL Quarterback Club 2002? Fifa Soccer 2002? All Star Baseball 2002? NBA Courtside 2002? Not to mention the two black sheep Universal Studios Park Adventure and Tarzan Untamed (neither are nearly as bad as Kabuki Warriors or Azurith). Also as much as I hate to say it GTA3 will be ported to the GameCube. All of these are on the GameCube. That's 22 by my count. I didn't even mention any titles sceduled for First Quarter release like Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Smashing Drive, WWF Wrestlemania 2002, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (still scheduled in the first quarter), James Bond: Agent Under Fire, NFL Blitz 2002, and NBA Street to name a few. That number is a little bit bigger than the 6 games you said was all that GCN had. Of course Xbox has more mainly because they will release any game that is made for their system which brings about the complete crap like Kabuki Warriors, Azurith, and NFL Fever 2002. You will never see games that bad on the GCN. I don't think the Xbox is a bad system (except for the controller) and games like Halo are excellent titles, but to completely downplay the GCN with inaccurate information is over the line.

Tim
01-13-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by antfarm007
GTA3 cant be ported to the GCN, because the GCNs mini DVDs cant hold the data that DVD-Roms can and would have to be scaled down.

This is incorrect. The GameCube discs can hold 1.8 GB's of data per layer. The only game that I know of that has more data on it is Metal Gear Solid 2 which clocks in around 4.4 GB because of its approximately 2 hours of cg video. Besides, regardless of the size of the GCN discs, it obviously isn't impossible to create a game on more than one disc... Final Fantasy 7 anyone? I don't recall anyone complaining about the size of the PlayStation CD's.

coasterguy1
01-14-2002, 06:55 PM
By the end of 2002, Gamecube should have more than 70 games in its library. Unfortunately, Perfect Dark 0 probably wont be one of those 70. :(

antfarm007
01-14-2002, 07:13 PM
the GCN is coming up with a big dryspell (as tim said) and i dont think it can survive those crucial 3-6 months immediately after its release. While most 7-8 year olds wont care, the crucial teen audience probably wont look at buying a new console with no games coming out for a few months. This is just like the N64, the only reason some of these games did so well is because there was NOTHING else to buy (sad to say I own Nagano Winter Olympics 98 and other games such as Extreme G) these games were terrible and I only purchased them because they were the only games that were out there. As you see within the past month I have changed from GCN happy to PS2 supporter, because I dont think the GCN will make it anymore and the United States is getting older (lol thanks Census 2000) and looking at Games aimed at them instead of Luigi's Mansion, the 8 year old hit of the year. I dont know what I want to buy yet, and I think that the next few months will make or break each of the systems, and to me it looks like sony will be good to go (Dont even get me started with XBOX bashing)

Interesting as Sony thinks XBOX is the system to beat...

swOHman
01-14-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by antfarm007
the GCN is coming up with a big dryspell (as tim said) and i dont think it can survive those crucial 3-6 months immediately after its release. While most 7-8 year olds wont care, the crucial teen audience probably wont look at buying a new console with no games coming out for a few months. This is just like the N64, the only reason some of these games did so well is because there was NOTHING else to buy (sad to say I own Nagano Winter Olympics 98 and other games such as Extreme G) these games were terrible and I only purchased them because they were the only games that were out there. As you see within the past month I have changed from GCN happy to PS2 supporter, because I dont think the GCN will make it anymore and the United States is getting older (lol thanks Census 2000) and looking at Games aimed at them instead of Luigi's Mansion, the 8 year old hit of the year. I dont know what I want to buy yet, and I think that the next few months will make or break each of the systems, and to me it looks like sony will be good to go (Dont even get me started with XBOX bashing)

Interesting as Sony thinks XBOX is the system to beat...

The PS2 hit a dry spell worse than any other console right after launch that lasted almost 6 months and it seemed to survive. I can guarentee the GCN will last and quite a few years. It doesn't really matter if the average age of the US is getting older the fact is that the majority of gamers are under 16 years of age. Nintendo knows this and makes games that they can enjoy along with older gamers. Nintendo also knows that there is an older market out there, and they are starting to really target that audience, but they are not just going to throw out tons of M rated games. They're taking it one step at a time. It started with Conker's Bad Fur Day from 2nd party Rare for the N64, the next step will be Eternal Darkness, then they landed exclusive rights to Resident Evil for the next 6 installments, then games like Turok Evolution, Metroid Prime, Blood Rayne, etc. will hit. In a few years Nintendo plans to have an almost 50/50 balance of everyone games and games targeted towards older audiences. And saying no games are coming out in the first quarter is a little much. There are a few big releases coming in the next two months starting today with the release of NBA Courtside. The next big relese is in early February with the launch of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Also don't forgot Nintendo will be releasing the GameCube GameBoy Advance link cable along with Sonic Advance and SA2B which could easily sell tons of GameCubes and GBAs. Also high profile ports like NBA Street, James Bond in Agent Under Fire, Spy Hunter, and NFL Blitz 2002 are all hitting in the first quarter. Eternal Darkness is also still scheduled for a first quarter release (March 22nd to be exact). The Xbox also will not have many releases for a while either, and to be honest the only games looking good for it right now are from Sega. Like I said before, all new consoles go through a dry spell after the first launch month. It's nothing new. This time isn't nearly as crucial as this summer and fall which is when Nintendo will be bringing out the big three: Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. I'm really waiting to see how Sony and Microsoft plan to deal with those big three franchises all hitting in the same year. As for Sony saying that Microsoft is the bigger competetion, that's because they are going after the same market. Both companies release VERY few good games that aren't rated at least Teen, so they basically alienate younger gamers. They are both going for the 18-25 market therefore they will be direct competiters. Nintendo sits alone in the market for younger gamers, and both Sony and MS don't really have a desire to try to take them on in that area. I think it is a big mistake on both Sony and MS's part because they are releasing games that they know only about 40% of the market can buy. Most of Nintendo's games can be bought by 100% of the market which gives them a better chance to sell more games (which is reflected by the fact that they sold more games than Microsoft did). Also you can't forget the console that was the best selling this holiday season and all of last year (and no it isn't the PS2), the GameBoy Advance. That is Nintendo's secret weapon so to speak, and that will keep the GameCube alive even if it isn't making as much money as Nintendo hopes (which is unlikely). So in short, the GameCube isn't going away because of a small "dry spell", and Nintendo will not leave the home console market for many, MANY years.

KoasterKing
01-15-2002, 08:02 PM
well i guess its ok mow i can save up alot of $$ before it comes out

KoasterKing
01-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Tim
Star Fox Adventures and Eternal Darkness have both been delayed to the 2nd quarter of this year. As two of the most anticipated games of they year for any platform, this will be a setback to the big N and its fans (including me.)

how come amzon and ebgames .com still say enternal darkness will still be realesed in feb.?

coasterguy1
01-17-2002, 10:19 PM
Some more bad news is that Perfect Dark wont be coming out until probably 2003. Are there any First Person Shooters coming out before then (besides Agent under fire) That is one of my favorite Genres.

dakevsta
01-17-2002, 10:47 PM
I bought a gamecube that i am very happy with. anyone with a decent job can get a ps2 and a cube and be perfectly happy. I have one game for gamecube and thats SSMBM and i love it. plus all this kiddy business is making me sick! It doesnt matter how kiddy or dumb it is its gameplay that matters. I friggin like pokemon for gods sake because its a great idea for a game! I wouldnt care if the creatures were 150 different wads of bubblegum id still like it because of the gameplay. BTW, im referring to the gameboy games, red and blue. all the other ones are horrible and just sucked the idea dry

swOHman
01-18-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by coasterguy1
Some more bad news is that Perfect Dark wont be coming out until probably 2003. Are there any First Person Shooters coming out before then (besides Agent under fire) That is one of my favorite Genres.

The two biggest ones to keep your eye on right now are Turok: Evolution and Metroid Prime (not completely a FPS). Turok: Evolution is really shaping up and starting to look right on par with the first Turok on the N64 gameplay wise, and the visuals are looking absolutely stunning (and it's still in beta stage). IGN did a preview a few days ago, and it really shows off how good the game is coming along. Expect Turok to hit in September. Little is known about Metroid Prime right now except there will be FPS aspects and 3rd person adventure aspects. The screencshots I've seen really convey the dark, moody atmosphere the series is famous for. Metroid doens't have a release date yet, but I'd expect to see it late fall to early winter.

KoasterKing
01-20-2002, 03:47 PM
now amazon is saying they will start shipping this game on april 18th. i hope this is accurate, and that means star foxs is soon to follow.

has anyone checked out ign.cube.com? gamecube is going to have the best games ever!(including soul calibur 2, thps 4, rune, six diffrent resident evil games, shadowman: 2econd comming, mario sunshine, banjo-kazooie 3, skies of arcadia, mario kart, duke nikem forever, and pokemon(unfortanitly)) gamecube is going to have better games than any other system!

coasterguy1
01-21-2002, 10:08 PM
I cant wait for Soul Caliber 2, Turok, and Phantasy Star Online. Phantasy Star means online cpability, and if Soul Caliber comes out after PSO, than it will probably be online. That would kick @**!

Kyle L
01-27-2002, 01:53 PM
Oh man, this is bad. Yes, I dont own a Gamecube, but this is where Gamecube will fall behind. I don't mean to be a PS2 fanbioy but honestly, this is where PS2 will pull ahead. PS2 has some GREAT games coming.... State of Emergency, Time Splitters 2, Final Fantasy XI. And it just came out with GREAT games!!! FFX, Rez, MGS2, Ace Combat 4, THPS3, and a couple others. Gamecube has some good games too, but, nothing really to be anticipated for a while, Mario Cart, Blitz, and a few others are coming out, but nothing really thatll make the Gamecube be fantastic for the next couple months. Xbox-- I think nothing else is really coming soon for this console, just more cruddy games..... Halo yes is cool, a good game, but really? does this system have any anticipating games coming? I havent really checked but there all rip-offs from other systems? So any1 got info on Xbox, cuz i just think thell be coming out with crappy clones.

swOHman
01-27-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Raptordude
Oh man, this is bad. Yes, I dont own a Gamecube, but this is where Gamecube will fall behind. I don't mean to be a PS2 fanbioy but honestly, this is where PS2 will pull ahead. PS2 has some GREAT games coming.... State of Emergency, Time Splitters 2, Final Fantasy XI. And it just came out with GREAT games!!! FFX, Rez, MGS2, Ace Combat 4, THPS3, and a couple others. Gamecube has some good games too, but, nothing really to be anticipated for a while, Mario Cart, Blitz, and a few others are coming out, but nothing really thatll make the Gamecube be fantastic for the next couple months. Xbox-- I think nothing else is really coming soon for this console, just more cruddy games..... Halo yes is cool, a good game, but really? does this system have any anticipating games coming? I havent really checked but there all rip-offs from other systems? So any1 got info on Xbox, cuz i just think thell be coming out with crappy clones.

Everyone seems to forget that the PS2 had a year jump on all other consoles. Of course they are going to have great games coming out now because they have been in developement longer. The two games that the GCN has that will be system sellers this spring are Eternal Darkness (still scheduled for a March 11 release) and Star Fox Adventures (set to hit in April). Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is also a solid title set to hit on Feb 12. The real time the GCN will shine though is the last 2/3 of the year with Mario, Zelda, and Metroid all set to hit along with some strong 3rd party games like Turok Evolution and Galleon. Plus we can't forgot the fact that 5 (yes FIVE) Resident Evil games are set to be released this year. Nintendo will also launch its online network late summer/ early fall. As for Xbox, the biggest games set to hit in the first half of the year are Jet Set Radio Future and Gun Valkerie (both from Sega). Beyond that the Xbox seems a little dry for the 1st quarter. One thing I do know for sure is that this will be a big year for gamers and E3 will reveal tons of great games for every system.

swOHman
01-30-2002, 12:55 AM
The GameCube just got a big boost for the 1st Quarter as a plethera of games just got confirmed for 1st Quarter releases. Those games are as follows:

All-Star Baseball 2003, Acclaim- Feb. 27
Jeremy McGrath Supercross World, Acclaim- Feb. 27
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, Midway- Mar. 5
Tetris Worlds, Blue Planet Software- Mar. 19
Disney's Donald Duck Goin' Quackers, Ubi Soft- Mar. 26
Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, Hudson Soft- Mar. 26
Home Run King, Sega- Mar. 26
Sega Soccer Slam, Sega- Mar. 26
Virtua Striker 3, Sega- Mar. 26
Rayman Arena, Ubi Soft- Mar. 27

Add these to already confirmed games such as Dark Summit, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, NFL Blitz 2002, Spy Hunter, James Bond: Agent Under Fire, NBA Street along with still uncomfirmed but heavily favored for 1st Quarter releases such as Batman: Dark Tomorrow, Evolution Worlds (set to be the Cube's first RPG), Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear, and Worms Blast, and the Cube's 1st Quarter isn't looking so bad nowadays. Sega seems to be the biggest support with 4 games and 3 exclusives (SA2B, Home Run King, and Soccer Slam) along with some good support from Acclaim, Midway (who is really pushing Gauntlet as a GCN title although it will also be on PS2 {check the add in the newest EGM}), and Ubi Soft. By my count 24 games have been/will be released in the 1st Quarter (counting tentitively scheduled games) which is more than the launch period. Maybe we were a little premature in our worry about the Cube's 1st Quarter.

Tim
02-01-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by swOHman

Midway (who is really pushing Gauntlet as a GCN title although it will also be on PS2 {check the add in the newest EGM}).

FYI, it is already on PS2. It was released in May of last year. It's an ok game, but unless they make it a lot better it probably won't be worth picking up.

PhantomRevnge67
02-01-2002, 10:58 AM
well i dont care about those games. my mommy just got income tax return, and shes gettin me a gamecube this weekend.

Kyle L
02-03-2002, 02:13 PM

yuck, THPS 2x is the crappiest THPS game ive ever played. 2 new levels for a 2 year old game, cool (sarcasm) Project Gotham racing is almost a copy of Both Midnight Club racing and GT3. Halo is a great game. And your forgetting games for cube. Hitz? Cell Damage? SSX Tricky? Dont just say Xbox obliverates the gamecube, because it doesnt.

coasterguy1
02-04-2002, 06:35 PM
Have you guys seen the Eternal Darkness case? It looks SWEET! here is a URL.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=220030
I know this is off topic, but that IGNInsider thing in really pissing me off. I cant read any good articles or see any movies etc.

Tim
02-13-2002, 10:24 AM
Nintendo has posted the new "official" (i.e. likely to get moved at least one more time) dates for Star Fox Adventures and Eternal Darkness : Santity's Requiem. SFA is now scheduled for release on June 10th and ED is being released on June 24th.

I'm personally willing to bet that at least one of these titles does not make it out by those dates, which is very unfortunate as I would definitely call myself a GameCube supporter. The big N is simply shooting themselves in the foot with their lack of games "strategy."

swOHman
02-26-2002, 12:47 AM
Nintendo may not be having the financial problems this first quarter that many of us had thought that they would. One game, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, has become a big seller in its first week selling about 70,000 copies. This also comes with the news that Nintendo plans to meet its target of 4 million units shipped worldwide by the end of March. While not big in Japan, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is becoming a big hit in the US, and I think the great commercials have something to do with it. Here's a link to the article about SA2B from IGN: cube.ign.com/articles/354/354438p1.html.

Coasterfanman21
03-10-2002, 08:25 PM
Nintendo the company has always pushed back games which were all hyped about, and then when the games are finally realeased, not as many people buy it, thats whynintendo has always shadowed its competion.Or atleast thats one of its reasons.

Tim
03-10-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Coasterfanman21
Nintendo the company has always pushed back games which were all hyped about, and then when the games are finally realeased, not as many people buy it, thats whynintendo has always shadowed its competion.Or atleast thats one of its reasons.

The more things that I read from you, the more I become convinced that you don't know what you're talking about. There is possibly only one company more innovative that Nintendo, and that being Sega, but even that is open to debate.

swOHman
03-10-2002, 11:17 PM

Actually, when Nintendo delays their games it creates more demand and sales go UP. Nintendo has some of the best selling games of all time. They are the number one selling game developer and publisher of all time. I can almost guarantee that Mario and Zelda will reach the 2 million mark in the US by the end of 2002 no matter when they are released (not to mention worldwide sales). What do you mean by "shadowed" their competion? I'm trying to figure out exactly what you mean by that. Explain, and we can discuss further.

Kraken
03-15-2002, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't be asking him that question, swOHman. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Coasterfanman21
03-15-2002, 09:03 PM
Hey Kraken im sure your just the expert here arent you!!!!!right that's what i thought!

Tim
03-16-2002, 12:06 PM
Hey Kraken im sure your just the expert here arent you!!!!!right that's what i thought!

Keep the posts here focused on the thread. If someone asks for proof or some facts to back up your statements, the best way to get your point across is to provide them... it's not to say "Hey you don't know anything either."

Matt M
03-17-2002, 11:59 AM
Personally, i think Xbox will not be doing very good unless they dump out some variety! All it has so far its sports games and killing games. I see nothing wrong with sports games, but seeing a system have like 5 football titles that are basically the same thing is kinda stupid.

Tim
03-18-2002, 10:36 PM
Well... according to rumors, the game delay fairy that started this thread way back when has paid a visit to Star Fox Adventures again. Rumor has it that it's been delayed again... this time until September.

ALMN568
03-18-2002, 10:53 PM
OUCH! Another delay! Oh well. This does get annoying, but hey, when the games DO come out, aren't they awesome?

swOHman
03-20-2002, 08:31 AM
I'll believe the new Star Fox delay when I hear OFFICIAL word from Nintendo. IGN's "connections" aren't enough for me, and have definately been wrong before. I'm ashamed at some sites posting the "news" story straight from IGN and calling it fact.

Tim
03-20-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by swOHman
I'll believe the new Star Fox delay when I hear OFFICIAL word from Nintendo. IGN's "connections" aren't enough for me, and have definately been wrong before. I'm ashamed at some sites posting the "news" story straight from IGN and calling it fact.

[DISGRUNTLED NINTENDO FAN RANT]

Well, I'd also like to not believe the rumors, but as time goes on it seems to get more concrete... EBGames.com now has a release date for SFA of September 30th.

Even if the rumors are false, then for the first half of this year we'll have exactly 0 first party games for the GameCube. Eternal Darkness (2nd party) may come out in June. I expect Mario Sunshine (1st party) to hit probably in August, although that's optimistic. SFA (2nd party) will now be September, which means Kameo (2nd Party) most likely won't be here until the middle of next year... which means Perfect Dark Zero (2nd Party) won't be here for 2 more years at least. Zelda (1st party) will be here for Christmas, but I don't believe it will be this Christmas. Metroid Prime (2nd party) might actually make it out this year, but I'm not holding my breath. Where are all the games Nintendo?!?!?!? If the GameCube is so much easier to program for than the N64 (which I believe it is) then why is it taking you so long to put something out here? As of right now it should be called the Nintendo PlayStation2 PortCube. Sure, the future looks really bright, but if you don't give people something in the present they won't be sticking around to see what your future looks like.

[/DISGRUNTLED NINTENDO FAN RANT]

KoasterKing
03-20-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by coasterkidmwm
Personally, i think Xbox will not be doing very good unless they dump out some variety! All it has so far its sports games and killing games. I see nothing wrong with sports games, but seeing a system have like 5 football titles that are basically the same thing is kinda stupid.

i agree, a couple of weeks ago i was reading something, and this person was bragging about how many football games xbox has. i was like, is that really such a good thing?

ChronoTrigger
03-21-2002, 03:43 PM
Please stay on topic this is about Nintendo delays.

Now my 2 cents

As a Nintendo fan, delays are as accepted as the fact that the sky is blue. But this is too much. For crying out loud! Nintendo, if you are reading this: GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND RELEASE SOME GAMES ONTIME! I'm starting to get really impatient with this constant delaying. Mario Sunshine, Zelda, StarFox, it's getting overwhelming. The delays are what is killing you in the console wars. Now, I know that you keep quality in mind, but constantly delaying games that were origionally supposed the be out this month (Star Fox, Mario) is just making your customers angry. I find myself contemplating the purchase of a PS2, at least they have a fluid release schedule.
//End rant//

ghosta
03-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Mario wasnt supposed to come out this month. It has never had an official release date

ChronoTrigger
03-22-2002, 04:08 PM
Never said it was official. Just said this was the general time it was supposed to be out. StarFox, and Mario were origionally slated for a late March release. But it wasn't official.