PDA

View Full Version : Good News Gamecube Fans

ghosta
01-11-2002, 05:49 PM
YESSSSSSS!!!!!! Gta3 is coming to gamecube. And maybe max payne

Andy Hodgson
01-11-2002, 05:53 PM
Bad News.....GTA3 won't be the M version. You will have to stick with the T version, but that's ok! Any GTA3 is awesome, have fun with it on your GC! I will stick with my PS2 one :)

swOHman
01-12-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Andy Hodgson
Bad News.....GTA3 won't be the M version. You will have to stick with the T version, but that's ok! Any GTA3 is awesome, have fun with it on your GC! I will stick with my PS2 one :)

What makes you think it will be rated T? I know it is slightly being toned down (not just the GCN version, but every version), but with the game content I see no other rating other than Mature (or immature as I would rate this game). Nintendo is no longer censoring games therefore any port from other systems will be just like the originals. Personally this game makes me sick. I can't believe anybody would have fun killing innocent people, even if it is just computer animation. I don't care how long the game is or how varied the gameplay is, the game eventually comes down to killing innocent people and that is unaccceptable in my eyes. I really think Rockstar needs to find another topic to make games on other than crime and mass murder. At least this will really make anyone who uses the "GameCube is a kiddie system" argument look really stupid. Remember, though, this is still a rumor, a credible one, but a rumor none the less. There is also a slightly less credible rumor that Sony has bought the exclusive rights to the game, so this is still far from comfirmed.

TopGun77
01-12-2002, 10:03 AM
Dude...there are tons and tons of games that relate to killing people. gta just happenes to be more graphic than others. For example..super smas brothers....halo..Metal gear solid...RCT (lol)....super mario (all of em...ur just killign monsters instaed of people) if you areaganst gta then u must be aganst a whole lotta games....tomb raider..mgs...halo. They kill people, even thought theyt arent innocent they are still people.

ghosta
01-12-2002, 11:29 AM
Ya, my mom probably wont even let me buy it, or rent it. But at least, no body can claim nintendo is kiddy, and it will boost sales for Gamecube, in return nintendo will have more money for more future projects.

Marcus
01-12-2002, 02:09 PM
I am very lost and very confused. Wat game do you mean by GTA3
Is that GT Advaced Chamionshiped Racing or something like that I saw or is this the king of all racing games? Please for the love of God be talking abotu Gran Turismo A-Spec 3!!! The best racing game ever!!! Ill pay anything for it on GC! It must be real!!!

ghosta
01-12-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by CeDaRPoInTzTeR
I am very lost and very confused. Wat game do you mean by GTA3
Is that GT Advaced Chamionshiped Racing or something like that I saw or is this the king of all racing games? Please for the love of God be talking abotu Gran Turismo A-Spec 3!!! The best racing game ever!!! Ill pay anything for it on GC! It must be real!!!

No were talking about Grand theft auto 3

slipknot8527
01-12-2002, 04:55 PM
No no no no no.....GTA3 is coming out for XBOX...not Nintendo. XBOX already has Max Payne. I heard that Nintendo wouldnt accept it unless it was toned down and Rockstar didn't want to do it.

ghosta
01-12-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by slipknot8527
No no no no no.....GTA3 is coming out for XBOX...not Nintendo. XBOX already has Max Payne. I heard that Nintendo wouldnt accept it unless it was toned down and Rockstar didn't want to do it.

Um. . . no no no your wrong. Nintendo has changed, any ports from now on, wont be tamed down or anything of te sort. But it will be a different version than the original because its so graphic. And i havnt hear that its coming to xbox. And somebody from rockstar, said that cube fans shouldnt sit there weeping or something like that cuz it was coming to the cube.

RiFT
01-12-2002, 08:20 PM
And where are you getting this information?

ghosta
01-12-2002, 08:45 PM
like every where. nintendojo has something similar like that

coastercory06
01-12-2002, 11:24 PM
Go to planetgamecube.com (http://www.planetgamecube.com) for some info.

RagingBull#1
01-13-2002, 01:05 AM
there is also rumors that take two was bought by microsoft making these games exclusive for x box

coasterguy1
01-13-2002, 12:19 PM
Rockstar and DMA Designs made GTA3. Not Take Two. It will be great if this game comes out for Gamecube. My friend has it for PS2. I think the only reason it might be toned down is becuase of the fact that Australia outlawed it.

swOHman
01-13-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by TopGun77
Dude...there are tons and tons of games that relate to killing people. gta just happenes to be more graphic than others. For example..super smas brothers....halo..Metal gear solid...RCT (lol)....super mario (all of em...ur just killign monsters instaed of people) if you areaganst gta then u must be aganst a whole lotta games....tomb raider..mgs...halo. They kill people, even thought theyt arent innocent they are still people.

Ummm, most of the games you mentioned do not involove killing people, let alone INNOCENT people. First of all nobody dies in SSBM you are simply thrown off the screen, there is no indication that death has occured. In Halo the antagonist are an evil race of aliens, once again not people and not innocent. I do have some problems with MGS, but for the most part the people being killed are NOT innocent. In RCT you don't have to kill people to finish the game, and in reality most people playing don't even know they can drown the guests. I can't believe you even mentioned Super Mario Brothers. If you actually think they even hint at death in those games you must be crazy. None of these games you mention compare to GTA3. I actually have no problem with death or violence in video games. One of my favorite genres is first person shooter games and those contain a lot of killing, but if I'm killing a terrorist or villian that if I don't kill them they will cause havoc (in theory of course) I have no problem with it. Games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, heck even Mario Bros. fit this bill. You're always stopping the evil person and fighting his/her/its evil cohorts. In GTA3 and the upcoming Rockstar game State of Emergency you have to kill INNOCENT bystanders who are doing nothing to hurt or put the main character in danger to finish the game. That is what I have a problem with. When mindless murder of innocent people is glorified in games like these it really gets under my skin. I don't think it is going to influence anybody to commits these acts or anything I just choose not to dwell on such content. I don't mind if someone else plays it or enjoys it, it is just something I personally won't play.

Marcus
01-13-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by swOHman

When mindless murder of innocent people is glorified in games like these it really gets under my skin. I don't think it is going to influence anybody to commits these acts or anything I just choose not to dwell on such content. I don't mind if someone else plays it or enjoys it, it is just something I personally won't play.

Its just a game. I wouldnt take it that seriously. Really all your killing is INNOCENT POLYGONS that are well designed to look so realisitic, its scary. Would you have a problem if the game was made for Super Nintendo and you had to shoot a stick person? This just shows how tecnology has advanced to become more realistic. Try not to see as people, but polygons that have no existence. And the biggest thing to remember is, Your not a bad person, or commiting a sin, by shooting polygons that look like people. Thats a major problem with people, they feel bad about themselves because they are shooting something that in real life is wrong. Polygons dont have a life or soul so they arent innocent

ghosta
01-14-2002, 03:04 PM
You are so ignorant, you must read books by their covers. ITs not the fact that they are not living, but that it is the idea of killing people.

Marcus
01-14-2002, 04:48 PM
No one is going to go out and shoot someone because they played the game. So what possibly be wrong with the idea of shooting people?

antfarm007
01-14-2002, 06:14 PM
For the game to come to GCN, it will have to be toned down and stuff eliminated because the mini DVD cant hold as much data as the PS2 DVD-Rom

coasterguy1
01-14-2002, 06:51 PM
Mini disks hold 1.5 gigabytes of data. How much do the DVD roms hold?

swOHman
01-15-2002, 12:12 AM
No one is going to go out and shoot someone because they played the game. So what possibly be wrong with the idea of shooting people?

You must be really sick if you think there is nothing wrong with the idea of shooting innocent people. There is this thing called reality where people's lives are shattered everyday by idiots who decide that there is nothing wrong with the idea of shooting someone. The generation that I have grown up in has been completely desensatized to murder and violence, and see it more as entertainment than a gruesome reality. I thought the acts of 9-11 would really wake up gen X to the harsh reality of murder and violence, but by the success of this game it hasn't happened.

swOHman
01-15-2002, 12:20 AM

Its just a game. I wouldnt take it that seriously. Really all your killing is INNOCENT POLYGONS that are well designed to look so realisitic, its scary. Would you have a problem if the game was made for Super Nintendo and you had to shoot a stick person? This just shows how tecnology has advanced to become more realistic. Try not to see as people, but polygons that have no existence. And the biggest thing to remember is, Your not a bad person, or commiting a sin, by shooting polygons that look like people. Thats a major problem with people, they feel bad about themselves because they are shooting something that in real life is wrong. Polygons dont have a life or soul so they arent innocent

Yes, I would have the same problem if it was on the Atari 2600. It is not the fact that they are not real, it is the principle behind it. Mass murder of innocent people is not something I want to dwell on esp. if the main character who you're controlling is who is commiting the murder. I don't watch TV shows where violence is glorified, I don't watch movies where violence is glorified, therefore I don't play games were violence is glorified. There is a reason people feel bad when playing games like GTA3. It's because we have a thing called a conscience that gives us a bad feeling when something isn't right. Telling yourself that they are only computer generated polygons is simply desensatizing yourself to the reality of murder.

ghosta
01-15-2002, 03:08 PM
Im with swOHman, this game is sick, the only reason any one should be glad for this game to come to nintendo would be the extra cash flow. If nintendo allows this game, i will feel un happy. Obvisly my opinion of this game has changed. I too thought September 11 would change the focus of normal life in america. But i guess not, like now theres a shooting rite in new york! how much can one city take, i hope this isnt the beggining of a bad year.

Tim
01-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Let's keep this thread focused on the game and try to avoid the politics of the game. While I agree that our country as a whole has become desensitized, this forum is not the place to discuss that. If you want to continue to discuss that, please take it over to General Talk, but lets keep this forum game related.

Marcus
01-15-2002, 06:57 PM
Its a fricken game. The idea of shooting of innocent people on a game is fine and I hope the game for Gamecube is full of more profanity and violence. Its a game to do things with cruel intentions without hurting anybody. Everyone understands that, thats why the game is so popular. Its in the opinion of the player that finds it more fun to kill the innocent ON THE GAME. There is no principle behind because its easy to see when your playing a game or when your not.

And you know what, I think if i said "That was sweet I just shot that little baby in that stoller on GTA3!!!" You would get all pissed because im doing something that is wrong in reality but is fine when it comes to games because its not hurting anyone. Thats where it really determines who are the really great players in the video games. When a gamer goes against the things that are right in reality in order to win a game, that is a true gamer who doesnt fear things that arent real, nor the principle of the idea.

You call me a sick person, but I have done nothing wrong.

KoasterKing
01-15-2002, 07:51 PM
damn i should have waited(i got it on my ps2) but its ok.

ghosta
01-15-2002, 09:01 PM
Its a fricken game. The idea of shooting of innocent people on a game is fine and I hope the game for Gamecube is full of more profanity and violence. Its a game to do things with cruel intentions without hurting anybody. Everyone understands that, thats why the game is so popular. Its in the opinion of the player that finds it more fun to kill the innocent ON THE GAME. There is no principle behind because its easy to see when your playing a game or when your not.

And you know what, I think if i said "That was sweet I just shot that little baby in that stoller on GTA3!!!" You would get all pissed because im doing something that is wrong in reality but is fine when it comes to games because its not hurting anyone. Thats where it really determines who are the really great players in the video games. When a gamer goes against the things that are right in reality in order to win a game, that is a true gamer who doesnt fear things that arent real, nor the principle of the idea.

You call me a sick person, but I have done nothing wrong.
Listen to tim, . Ya but there are people out there who get ideas from things like that. And what r u talking about, a true gamer is not obsessed with games, and plays to kill people in it. Your idea is how people go crazy and go on killing rampages. Tell me this, if in that game one area was to hyjack a plane. Now would you think, oh its just a game, its not real. TELL ME THAT!!!!????

Marcus
01-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by ghosta

Listen to tim, my post shall be the last of these political posts. Ya but there are people out there who get ideas from things like that. And what r u talking about, a true gamer is not obsessed with games, and plays to kill people in it. Your idea is how people go crazy and go on killing rampages. Tell me this, if in that game one area was to hyjack a plane. Now would you think, oh its just a game, its not real. TELL ME THAT!!!!????

Thats pretty stoopid to say that this is the last politcal post and then at the end ask me a question to respond to. Anyways people do get ideas from games but there has never been a court case that directly linked video games to violence. And a true gamer does do what he must in order to win as long as it puts no one in risk of danger, which is pretty much impossible. And in High-Jacking a plane, it is not real because it is a game and if I had too, I would high-jack it and fly it into a huge tower to win the game, because I know that the game is not real. And I assure you, people didnt high-jack planes because they saw it done on video games.

This is the last political post and Im not asking for any respondses because I have asked no question so this is the last one.

V2kid62489
01-28-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ghosta

Listen to tim, . Ya but there are people out there who get ideas from things like that. And what r u talking about, a true gamer is not obsessed with games, and plays to kill people in it. Your idea is how people go crazy and go on killing rampages. Tell me this, if in that game one area was to hyjack a plane. Now would you think, oh its just a game, its not real. TELL ME THAT!!!!????
Actually (sadly) one of the missions is to hi jack a plane. I just ordered the game yesterday. I don't believe in violence and i think the principal of the game is wrong but it is just a game and im mature enough (im 12) to realize it's not ok to do the stuff in the game in REAL life! Even though i think the idea of innocent people is wron istill bought the game cause it is FUN!

V2kid62489
01-29-2002, 01:25 PM
read this
It's rated M, for mature, which means if you monitor the kind of content in games that your kids play (if you're a parent), you definitely want to check this out before buying it. But the point is that this is a videogame, it's a form of entertainment. Like movies, or comic books, or TV. It's aimed at a mature audience and it's got mature themes. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive have sold millions of copies of Grand Theft Auto all across the world, and they have convincing monetary evidence that people love the series, and that they want more. I'm one of those folks. I think the game is insanely good. The videogame market is growing, it's filled with wildly different kinds of games, and there is a big broad vein that includes titles with mature content. Grand Theft Auto III is one of them, and it's worth picking up.

swOHman
01-29-2002, 11:23 PM
Well my prayers have been answered, and I do feel bad for those who wanted to play the game on the Cube, but Rockstar and Take Two have official announced that they have no intentions on releasing GTA3 on the Cube at this time. They seem to be taking the wait and see approuch that some other companies are taking on Mature games. I'm sure once they see the success of RE and ED many will change their minds, but for some the "kiddy" image will always remain. Doesn't bother me too much though. I plan on getting a PS2 and/or Xbox by the end of the year so if there is a mature game I really want to play that isn't on the Cube I'll have something to play it on (not too likely I'll buy a "M" rated game beyond Perfect Dark 0 though, but it is still early in the 3 console's lives).