PDA

View Full Version : Some people need a reality check!

Andy Rathe
01-16-2002, 03:23 PM
When I was in South Dakota a week after the attacks, they had a local farmer on TV who was worried his grain silos might be a terrorist target. But the story <a href="http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/01/16/rec.ground.hog.ap/index.html"> here</a> simply beats everything!

Some people in the USA need to get a grip on reality!

Rebel2000
01-16-2002, 06:19 PM
Poor Phil. I really hate how the effects of 9/11 have reached SO deep, that we have to make extra precautions for a groundhog. :rolleyes:

Marcus
01-16-2002, 09:06 PM
I wonder if theres going to be metal detectors and stuff. This is something the US should take seriously. Just imagine the sadness that would happen if we awoke Groundhogs Day and only to hear that Phil is dead by terroism. Another depressing thing is the last thing America needs.

CrystalKat
01-16-2002, 10:50 PM
I think our government needs a reality check -- what are we really doing, anyway? Please. I'm sorry, I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm sick of this, by far. Get a plan, something concrete to do, and then get it done -- rather than this playing around for god knows how long.

(Sorry, kind of a nasty-feeling topic for some)

Cuddy
01-17-2002, 01:47 AM
Security for Groundhog Phil?? Gimme a break. Why? The security I can understand in other things and I hate to say this, but security WILL die down. Remember when it was heightened during the Gulf War?? That's all I have to say.

Andy Rathe
01-17-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Melissa
I think our government needs a reality check -- what are we really doing, anyway? Please. I'm sorry, I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm sick of this, by far. Get a plan, something concrete to do, and then get it done -- rather than this playing around for god knows how long.

Don't feel too bad - you're at least in a minority of two as I feel exactly the same way!

RiFT
01-17-2002, 04:52 PM
Better safe than sorry guys, come on.

antfarm007
01-17-2002, 08:32 PM
Protect the Groundhog! There will be thousands of attacks on the groundhogs life, we must be careful!

Hector
01-18-2002, 09:41 PM
I think we are taking this a Little too far. Beefing up security at Airports has always been needed but at the GroundHog thing!? that's over the line to me.

Anaconda
01-20-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Melissa

Well, you're in a minority of 3 now. I say "You are no longer free when freedom is superceded by security."

BrooklynRider
01-24-2002, 08:39 AM
They should just have a person climb out of a hole in the ground. I like that as they're increasing security, they are also serving alcohol for the first time. Gee, that makes a lot of sense.