PDA

View Full Version : sports games

phantompenguin
01-19-2002, 10:06 PM
do any of you guys play sports games?

I'm a sports nut so my answer is a resounding yes, they're my favorite types of games(with RPGs and Sims behind them)

list how you'r doing in your seasons

NHL 2002:
Pittsburgh Penguins, I'm about 25-2-0-3 right now, Kovalev leads the league in goals, Straka in assists

Madden 2002:
season 2, Steelers are 5-0

NBA2k2:
just bought yesterday, Raptors are 3-0 in games I play(15-4 overall)

High Heat 2003:
I will be the Pirates when it comes out

Andy Hodgson
01-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Well, I love sports games, especially hockey and football ones (really the only kind you can play well) and they are all really easy.

NHL 2001-

Toronto Maple Leafs- 46-2-0-0 Mats Sundin leads the league in assists and goals

Madden 2001-

Tennessee Titans- 13-1 Almost to the playoffs, doing good this time.

NBA 2k2-

Seattle Supersonics- 21-5 Hate basketball games, but still play them since I have the time, and like to game.

NHL 2002-

Toronto Maple Leafs- 23-0-0-0 This game is super easy, Once again Sundin leads the league in goals and assists.

NHL Hitz 2002-

Toronto Maple Leafs- 5-3-0-1 I like this game, good challenge, and for once none of my players lead the league in goals or assists, just pass accuracy :rolleyes:

swOHman
01-20-2002, 12:28 AM
I mainly like football and baseball games. Right now I'm on my first season in Madden 2002. The 49ers are 9-0, Jeff Garcia leads the league in passing yards, QB rating, and pass TD. Garrison Hurst leads the league in rushing yards, rushing TD's, and yards per carry. J.J. Stokes leads the league in reception yards, yards per recption, and receptions while Terrel Owens leads the league in rec. TD's, and is second in reception yards. My defense isn't very good, but I do lead the league in rushing yards allowed.

Cuddy
01-20-2002, 01:20 AM
NCAA Football 2000--
I am in my 8th season as Kent State head coach. I have about two or three losses in these 8 years. I have won numerous national championships, my players are all recognized, players from my team have won the Heisman the last 5 years. After my 10th season, I will sign on to the last place team in the Big Ten and see what I can do with them in 5 years.

Thats the only sports game I play considering I have two college basketball games, one NFL game, one NHL game and 2 MLB games.

ghosta
01-20-2002, 11:04 AM
i still need to get another memory card, to save for madden. I rented hitz that game is so tight. YEs as well i am a sports gamner, i have a friend who only gets sports game, mostly basketball. Gamecube needs more sports games, i know there coming. THE PEACKERS R GONNA WIN. D@MN raiders lost, and BY 3!!!!!!!!

Marcus
01-20-2002, 12:30 PM
Im not a huge sports game fan, but regardless I still play it.
Heres some of my season statuses.

NHL Breakway 98
Red Wings- 42-2-4 Domink Hasek is the leading goaltender with the hghest Save %

NHL Hitz 2002
Red Wings are 12-1-2 with Steve Yzerman as the League Leader

Madden 2002-
Lion are 7-0 (unfortunitly, that isnt reality)

NFL Blitz 00
Raiders are 5-4 but this isnt the m best game to play

swOHman
01-20-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by ghosta
i still need to get another memory card, to save for madden. I rented hitz that game is so tight. YEs as well i am a sports gamner, i have a friend who only gets sports game, mostly basketball. Gamecube needs more sports games, i know there coming. THE PEACKERS R GONNA WIN. D@MN raiders lost, and BY 3!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, we'll have more sports games in the future. Sega is bringing two sports games exlusively to the GCN, Soccor Slam and that baseball game I can never remember the name of. They also upped the release date of NBA 2K2 to mid-march. In the future we will be getting all EA and Sega sports games the same time as other consoles. Also be glad that Nintendo can make a good 1st party sports title (Courtside) and you don't have to play a 989 game LOL.

coasterguy1
01-20-2002, 05:43 PM
sports games arent my favorite games, but I like them all thr same and I like most of the different sports availiable.

Madden 2000-
Tennesee Titans-Won the Superbowl and only lost one regualr season game. (dont know the numbers)

NHL Breakaway-
St. Louis Blues 5-1-0

I want to get NBA Courtside 2002. I also want to get NBA Street.

CoasterKid23
01-21-2002, 11:56 AM
Madden 2001
Chargers go 16-0 win the superbowl

Madden 2002
Don't have a season, but a created team, the Kentucky Fried Chicken coached by C. Sanders!

NBA Live 2002
Doing a full season:
Wizards are 26-1 as of yet

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (If this counts)
completed the game with:
Tony Hawk
Steve Cabellero
Eric Koston
working on:
Geoff Rowley
CoasterKid23 (Created Skater)

Kyle L
01-21-2002, 11:47 PM
I got NBA 2k2, its really fun! It makes a sprots game fun to play!

So... Im the lakers with a 4-0 season.........

Anaconda
01-24-2002, 08:16 PM
I've got Andre Agassi Tennis for my Genesis and Mario Tennis for my N64, and I say I like them both. They are really fun to play and during the cold, winter months of the off-season they can help your game somewhat.