PDA

View Full Version : Finally! The big break 7-10 Split deserves!

dakevsta
01-26-2002, 01:43 PM
After over 4 years of being together, my favorite band, 7-10 split, is going to open for sum 41!!!!!! 7-10 split is an anti racist, christian band who been touring the US at their cramped shows in small venues with no room to rock out for quite some time! the drummer, EC Hamilton, is my drum teacher, my sisters 2 year boyfriend, and my freaking idol! GO 7-10 SPLIT!!!!!
www.7-10split.org

Metalhead 777
01-26-2002, 01:57 PM
I've heard of them, what style of music are they(IE, metal, punk, hard rock, hardcore, etc.(you can tell what kind of music i like :)))

slipknot8527
01-26-2002, 02:50 PM
Christian bands that need room to rock out? Theirs an oxymoron for you! :rolleyes:

miXmedia
01-26-2002, 02:55 PM
I'll check them out

General Public
01-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by slipknot8527
Christian bands that need room to rock out? Theirs an oxymoron for you! :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha, seriously!

dakevsta
01-26-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by slipknot8527
1. they are hardly christian anymore. they found out that not singing about their "preachings" can seriously get all kinds of different crowds in together
2. I dont sit here and make fun of your favorite kind of music but if you'd like me to go ahead and post them, just go ahead and let me know!

dakevsta
01-26-2002, 11:46 PM
you prbably didnt even see their site, slipknot, you might actually like some of their stuff. Ive never seen a band that can make hardcore and emo stuff together and get away with it

slipknot8527
01-26-2002, 11:47 PM
yah well, I suppose you could. Just ignore me...I had my laugh. I had no idea they weren't hardcore jesus anymore. What I also meant by my statement of "rocking out":rolleyes: is that, if they are opening up for SUM 41, I don't think there will be any rock to rock out too! You can blast away at my music but then it will lead to an argument and then this thread will get locked. Your choice...

dakevsta
01-26-2002, 11:51 PM
you started the argument.....so i guess that would make me so sad a guilty that i got my precious thread closed

slipknot8527
01-26-2002, 11:57 PM
Yikes. This is turning into a who started it argument. I simply stated that ACCORDING TO HISTORY no christian band has "rocked out" or "brought the house down" per se. Now, if 7-10 slit was the first to do this, I would be appaled. I would stand corrected. Thats all I said. I have opinions about certain genres of music but I kept a lid on them. I stated an observation that I thought was funny and that's all. I mean jesus, (no pun intended) don't get all bent out of shape. I'm a very sarcastic person...like I said, just ignore me and we will all be holy. (Again, no pun intended)

dakevsta
01-27-2002, 12:02 AM
ok, let me start by apologizing. apologizing for having faith in one of the only bands i like. they have been called unique, great, good, intense, funny, and more for over 4 years but never got a decent break. now im expressing my happiness that sombody who is basically my brother is more than likey going to be big as blink 182 or sum 41. but its so hard to believe that there is actually sombody who can bring me right back down so easily to a point where im more pissed than excited. like i said before, just go visit their site, you might like it

slipknot8527
01-27-2002, 12:06 AM
Could this be any more Soap Operaish?

dakevsta
01-27-2002, 12:08 AM
only if you got pregnent somehow

slipknot8527
01-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Yah, with SUPERMANS baby! (DUN DUN DUN!)

How will this affect the outcome of Slipknots S&S Quest? Find out later as he rides Superman:Ultimate Flight! (DUN DUN DUN!)

Oh god, someone close this thread...what a waste of space.:p

dakevsta
01-27-2002, 12:20 AM
well, i think it would be better if sombody would just ask about 7-10 split or posted more feedback. this soap opera crap can get out of hand like that

slipknot8527
01-27-2002, 12:35 AM
Yah, um no offense but they are a CHRISTINA LOCAL BAND. I don't think anyone has heard of them (or cares) except for you. I know a great local band (chronic MD) that are my good friends and just recently opened up for COLD but I dont brag because no one knows them enough to care....same goes for your situation.

Metalhead 777
01-27-2002, 11:45 AM
alright SlipKnot, I'm gonna say this now. Ever since I've been here, I've had to listen to you bash Christians and Christian music. Why should someone lock this? Because they are talking about a band who doesn't swear, worship satan, and talk about how they want to kill everyone like your bands do? Get off your prejudice against Christians and Christian music, OK? If you don't have anything important to say about something, sit down and shut up because no one cares to see what an ignorantly prejudiced moron you are. I am sick and tired of hearing you bash Christian music, no matter what it sounds like, simply because it's Christian. If that's your opinion, that you don't like Christian music, that is fine, but don't be like B7MSuxORz was and flame people who disagree. To sum this up, there is no reason for you to sit there and make fun of Christian music, when you can just ignore this topic if you hate Christians so much. Go home and be quiet.

slipknot8527
01-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Haha...hey Metalhead, I was wondering when you were going to jump in here! I want this to be closed for the obvious reason that it is turning into an argument. If your read ALL the posts you will see that I made an observation, it was taken the wrong way and then it got out of hand. Then other members like yourself will probaly jump in. I don't think it was too classy to get all personal at me either. Good job Metalhead, keep those flame wars a coming! "So go home and be quiet?" Ouch Metalhead...I felt that right here...(points to heart) All we were doing was having a good humored debate and then good ol Metalhead comes through screaming SATAN! SATAN!

See why this should be closed? So there won't be a huge argument. Which Metalhead has set an example for oh so nicely.

Metalhead 777
01-27-2002, 12:07 PM
Sorry if that came across as flaming, I just felt it was time for me to stand up for myself and others here who are sick and tired of hearing you make fun of Christians and Christian music. I've sat through this ever since the religion wars, and I'm trying to put an end to it. I do not want to start flame wars, I have made my point, and now I am just going to ignore your rantings.

slipknot8527
01-27-2002, 12:13 PM
Yah it seems you ignore my "rantings" when I rant, and just kind of hear things I didn't say when I don't "rant." How about this... if I ever come out and say CHRISTIANS SUCK then you can have a reason to be mad. But I would never do that, because I have many friends who are of that religion. It is however a joint decision between me AND my christian friends that the music is not good. That's just me, and I put my opinion about the MUSIC on their...not the religion. So then, mature ol metalhead comes through and starts mislabeling me and getting personal. Ha, and I'm the one that's ranting, get a life Metalhead.

dakevsta
01-27-2002, 12:52 PM
they are hardly a local band. They only play a show around here every 2-3 months or so. they have been to many festivals including cornerstone, a HUGE festival in Illinois, and they have been all over the United states over and over again. Im just pointing out, not bragging, that there is a new band to watch out for and to check out.

slipknot8527
01-27-2002, 12:55 PM
Oh yah, I totally understand that...I'm just wondering why MetalHead is getting all personal. Like hes in the band or something you know?

dakevsta
01-27-2002, 12:56 PM
yeah, please dont turn this into an argument or a religion wars thread. I was just making a (lying) point when I said i didnt care if it was closed. we have all made our apologies and it also seems everybody else except metalhead, slipknot, and myself, has stayed away from this thread. So please everybody. post your comments and if your negative, try to make it an UNDERSTANDING negative

Metalhead 777
01-27-2002, 01:06 PM
sorry if I came across as flaming or judging or presumptuous or whatever. That wasn't my intention. Peace?

slipknot8527
01-27-2002, 01:33 PM
awww....it's okay....group hug? Group hug?

dakevsta
01-27-2002, 01:55 PM
ha ha slpknot. word has it that if all goes well, 7-10 will do a 3 month tour with sum 41 near the end of summer. im more stoked that ever!!!!

Metalhead 777
01-27-2002, 04:39 PM
LOL, group hug :) I feel much better. :D peace, w0w, peace.... :) I like peace. :)

slipknot8527
01-27-2002, 05:02 PM
Ah yes....peace...

Dont you guys think SFMM sucks? I think CP is Sooooo much better! I mean, S:TE Isnt even a coaster!!!!:p

Tom Zeliff
01-27-2002, 07:47 PM
I was getting worried reading the thread, but you two calmed down. In the future don't keep an argument like that public. PM or email each other instead. These boards aren't the place for that stuff.

-Tom

gravitron
01-27-2002, 08:12 PM
i have heard of them if you really like to know. they are sync punk band in a way. there pretty smooth. i would rather hear them then slipknot. no offense. not a fan of them . id rather hear Yanni anyday.

RagingBull#1
01-28-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by dakevsta
After over 4 years of being together, my favorite band, 7-10 split, is going to open for sum 41!!!!!! 7-10 split is an anti racist, christian band who been touring the US at their cramped shows in small venues with no room to rock out for quite some time! the drummer, EC Hamilton, is my drum teacher, my sisters 2 year boyfriend, and my freaking idol! GO 7-10 SPLIT!!!!!
www.7-10split.org

what is a good christian band doing with sum 41. when they came to chicago for the twisted 8 tour bizzy d got drunk on stage and he is only 19 and the cops made him stop

dakevsta
01-28-2002, 08:38 PM
well this one single show could get island records to take a look at them. that would put them really high in the music world. bob marley, good charolette, sum 41, and american hi fi are all on island

antfarm007
01-28-2002, 09:06 PM
I'd rather listen to slipknot :sick: :sick: :sick:
Just because you don't like it, don't bash it.
Not saying your opinion is an opinion... (or something like that)

APJSFR1
01-28-2002, 09:33 PM
sounds cool, if they come around I will have to check them out. I love Contemporary Christian music, it is my favorite time, I think that they are all so good. thanks, dakevsta. I would love to see them.

dakevsta
01-30-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by antfarm007
I'd rather listen to slipknot :sick: :sick: :sick:
Just because you don't like it, don't bash it.
Not saying your opinion is an opinion... (or something like that)
not once did i bash slipknot in any way. if you noticed, all he did was bash what i liked and listened to

Metalhead 777
01-30-2002, 08:48 PM
uh oh, here we go again........ (BTW, my apologies to SlipKnot8257 and the mods for my over reactions, I got to carried away)

dakevsta
01-30-2002, 08:51 PM
hey im not trying to start anything with slipknot again. im just pointing out that antfarm007 accused me of somthing that i didnt do. anywayz. please keep posting your feedback. this is prbably the thread with the most replies ive ever made and id like to keep it going