PDA

View Full Version : NoLimits Tournament Round 5: Freestyle

Tom Zeliff
01-28-2002, 12:41 AM
Okay, the last round turned out to be much tougher than I had though it would be, and hence the low turn out. This time it'll be much easier...in fact, it's wide open! Your job is to build any kind of coaster you want. Just remember to keep it realistic to check your supports carefully. Next round will return to the more difficult challenges, but it was time for a breather for everyone.

Entry Details:
All coasters must be uploaded to this thread by Midnight EST Sunday, February 10th. Please do not post links to download from other sites, and please do not post screenshots or posts discussing the rides. This is an upload only thread.
You may only enter one coaster in, but you may make revisions to your coaster as long as the newer version is uploaded before the deadline.
Your design must be your own original work and not previously entered into this or any other contest. No recreations of real coasters.

Design Rules:
You may use any style of track/trains.
Your coaster must run at least 3 trains properly.
You may use as many lifts/LIMs as you'd like.
There are no boundries or limitations on inversions.
No part of the track or train may go underground. Adequate clearances to the ground, track, station, and supports must be maintained at all times.
The only other rule is that you may not use friction tires on any brake segments.

Judging Criteria:
Realism Proper consideration should be given to speed and g-forces.
Technical This category rates how well you have designed and implemented Technical aspects of your coaster including the Lift, Station and Brakes. Think about how these elements generally look in real life, and then build them accordingly. I will be testing the E-Stop on your coaster, so be sure it can start again when stopped anywhere.
Difficulty This rating is based on how complicated your coaster is. Giant out and back coasters will score lower than tight compact spaghetti bowls.
Smoothness Your ride should have a smooth, fluid feel to it. This category will judge that as well as transitions from one segment to another. Sudden jumps and severe jolts will lower your score.
Pacing/Fun Your coaster should move along at a good pace, have variety in the elements, and not crawl or go too fast.
Supports This category judges how well you designed your support structure. Your supports should properly support the coaster as well as have some aesthetic value.

All categories are judged on a scale from 1-10, averaged together, and the result is multiplied by 10 for a final score from 1-100.

Good luck to you all! If you have questions please post them in the General NoLimits forum. Good luck! Go crazy! Have fun!

-Tom

giorgio
01-31-2002, 03:56 PM
Here is my entry.

CoaterFan4Life
01-31-2002, 09:41 PM
here is my entry...

Kyle L
01-31-2002, 11:14 PM
Not exactly the best coaster ever, but Ive spent a while on it> There are a few support problems, but I decided to try my luck........

Alex T
02-02-2002, 10:27 AM
Here's my entry. I deleted my last one.

abg1788
02-02-2002, 10:41 AM
Here is Flamer

Coaster_Nick
02-03-2002, 04:27 PM
Yo its me again, heres my coaster... its called virus.

robocoasterdude
02-04-2002, 12:08 AM
Here you go, the Assassinator.

DeKalb
02-06-2002, 04:31 PM
I just realized that there's a major mistake on the first Enigma...

this is my final answer...

Enochian24
02-06-2002, 08:20 PM
AHH! IM sorry for so many mistakes. I found ANOTHER problem. Ahrg I checked the whoel track 50 times so this is my last.... update.

To Tom : Sorry for posting so many downloads. I was told by someone that you cant change what a post has for you to download. So, Im sorry!

Dark Luke
02-06-2002, 09:14 PM
Another update - Deedlit...

Vekoma hyper SLC
Height: 62.5 m
Top Speed: 120 km/h
Length: 1,426 m
Inversions: 5

-Made first drop have more clearence from the ground
-Made it so the train will roll from mid course brakes from a e-stop
-Added a invisibable dummy brakes after the 2nd drop to properly run 3rd train
-Added track info
-Train will now make back to the station after being stopped by emergency stop on the mid course brakes

ACEofCOASTERS
02-07-2002, 07:02 AM
Update (last one i hope):

Tom Zeliff
02-07-2002, 01:58 PM
Please remember: if you update your coaster just EDIT your post and upload the new attachment. If you want to reply again to upload the new coaster, please remove the older post by using the EDIT button, then deleting it. I will only download your coaster after the entry period has closed, and it doesn't help me to have 8 versions of the same coaster from someone. Please only have one post with your most recent version in it. Thank you.

-Tom

Troz
02-07-2002, 09:43 PM
A few days early for once...

I bring you Firebird

Karl

Coasterbp
02-08-2002, 03:50 PM
Here's my updated version.

Smoothed out the first drop so there wasn't a jolt from the launch to the drop. Tightened up some portions to maintain speed throughout. Heightened the last corckscrew to lower G's.

Megahyper Looping Twister
3 Trains
Verticle Launch
E-Stop works and can restart.

Enjoy your ride on DisOrient Express.

-=BP

Thunder001
02-09-2002, 02:20 AM
Here is my entry, Elervation.
Was created while listening to U2 cd so hence the name.
Was going to enter another coaster but it is not finished so i'l try my luck with this one.

SFoTFreeek
02-09-2002, 04:54 PM
Terror Flight
8 inversions
4 trains
twisted sorta compact
fun stuff :D

Graham
02-09-2002, 11:45 PM
my all Zero-G-Roll coaster.

Jaynen
02-10-2002, 11:16 AM
Hey I was actually able to finish on time for once! This is not a perfect coaster, but close to it. It rides good on any car. I think it turned out alright, here is Sudden Raptor.

SpongeBob
02-10-2002, 03:43 PM
Ok here it goes...this was my first sucessful NL coaster and by no means is my best but it is what I am entering. It originally wasn't meant to run 3 trains but I added on to it and now it does. It isn't a diffucult layout, yes I admit that, but it does run smoothly. It is a pretty realistic coaster despite its simplicity. I didn't see it reach to high g-forces and it doesn't hit any supports. I am mainly just entering to see if I don't get DQed and to see some nice critism.

Remember I admit to it not being a totally hard coaster or anything amazing.

EDIT: Moved some trees farther from track and moved a close but not hitting support. Also PKZIP says that my track file isn't existing in the folder, but it is so it isn't letting me .zip it.

TopGun77
02-10-2002, 07:47 PM
Here is my first NL coaster, anfd i have been workinf on it for weeks. (Stupid me chose custom supports) Anyway its an intamin hyper, short but intense and unique. It has soem extreme airtime also (not too extreme). There is also a very intense headchopper as the train comes precariously close to a lift hill support. Here we go:

IOASpiderman
02-10-2002, 08:55 PM
Here is my entry for this round, and features an incredible number of foot and arm choppers (as long as you're not like eight feet tall you should be fine)... read on if you want to hear useless information. This design was actually going to be for the first round, but I went for the other more compact coaster instead (and did a rush job), as I wasn't very near finish this coaster either. I drew this coaster when I was in my B&M style phase (as opposed to my other designs that were more Schwarzkopf / Intamin). All of the elements in this coaster were made by me (except for the vertical loop... but I still tweaked it a little). Finally, about 95% of the supports are custom designed, so the viewing in the simulator might be a bit choppy if you have a slower processor because there are a ton of vertex points.

Bob Hellyer
02-10-2002, 09:16 PM
Here is Black Thunder. B&M multi looper. 3 trains, 7 inversions, no zero-g roll. Hope you enjoy it.

Coaster indavidual
02-10-2002, 09:56 PM
My most recent creation after a short break from the game is this. Simply titled Rouge. Not up to par with some of my creations but it is a little different than some of my coasters. Anyways enjoy!

coasterboaster
02-10-2002, 11:34 PM
here;s mine