PDA

View Full Version : Hide out in a Park?

SfgadvaWs
02-01-2002, 09:34 PM
While visiting Great Adventure last year, me and my friend decided to see how long we could stay after the park closed, it was during fright fest, so the park closed at 11:00. After the fireworks, everyone cleared the park, but we continued to walk from one side to another untill we finally left ourselves at 12:00. We walked by all kinds of staff, and nobody told us to leave, so it makes you wonder if you could hide out in the park all night? Im not suggesting anyone should try it, but does anyone think it could happen?

miXmedia
02-01-2002, 09:42 PM
LOL I can't believe I've never thought of this... Im sure if you find the right place to hide out you could easily do this! lol I want someone to try it.

Chiller1472
02-01-2002, 09:55 PM
Security would find you soon enough...you have to remember that while the park closed at 11, people were still waiting in line, and I know there were some nights when some of the coasters in the park were still running with guests on the trains after midnight...so it wouldn't be odd for guests to be walking around at that time, although that is about the time that security would start to round up people and start hearding them towards the exit. And also, if you hid out in the park just imagine going to ur car only to find it's been towed away! ;) What would you do anyway? If u just hid in a place and did nothing, then that really has no purpose, if you were thinking you could wait till everyone left and then u could roam around the park, nope there's security there overnight. But hey, if u wanna try it...be my guest lol. Also, to the best of my knowledge the fireworks show stops after labor day....

Chip
02-01-2002, 10:00 PM
Didn't anyone ever see that show about IOA on TLC or Travel or something? They showed the entire night staff and what they do. They have security and staff walk through every single corner of the park, check under benches, behind bushes, in water, in lines, and everything to make sure everyone clears out. I bet if you were in a park after closing, you'd be found within a couple of hours, unless you were really sneaky and moved around the whole time. But don't think of doing it. It's kinda dumb and you will most likely get caught.

CrystalKat
02-01-2002, 11:03 PM
If it gets late enough, security will stop and ask for identification. This happened to me while I was working at Cedar Point -- my husband and I would often be working until after midnight, and we'd walk around the park very late (1-2am) just to settle down after a long day. Security would ask for ID to make sure that we were employees -- they try to keep you out of the more secluded areas of the park, of course. I'm sure if you wanted to badly enough, you could hide out, but I don't think it would be worth the hassle, honestly. Or the trespassing charges if you were unsuccessful! :D

Andrew H
02-02-2002, 12:40 AM
As Melissa stated... Cedar Point security has quite a system. Generally speaking...

- At closing the CPPD(Cedar Point Police Department) monitors traffic at Millennium Force's tunnel. They won't let any non-employee past that point. They do the same thing near Gemini.

- I *belive* one hour after closing, it could be more, CPPD goes through the parking lot and "cleans" it out. Also I would suspect at the same time they drive through the resort parking lots to see that every car is registered.

I recommend to anyone, to NOT try to hide in a park. It could get you in serious trouble.

miXmedia
02-02-2002, 09:27 AM
lol risky business

it would be ppossible.. nothings totally impossible

Chiller1472
02-02-2002, 09:45 AM
Oh, it's possible...but once you are caught, you can plan on being thrown in jail for trespassing.

CoasterCrazy
02-02-2002, 10:15 AM
LOL I have thought about this tons of times. IMO, Cedar Point or Kings Island would be the best parks to "hide out" in. They both have plenty of woods that would give you a lot of hiding places.

miXmedia
02-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Well to avoid a towed car you could get dropped off there by someone... But I think is someone was actually gonna try and pull this off.. Chiller would be the one to tell us the perfect places to hide out lol at least for Gadv...

Chiller? lol

Chiller1472
02-02-2002, 10:47 AM
Sure there's plenty of hiding places, but that's for me to know...Get a job there ;)

Rider
02-02-2002, 12:30 PM
I wander out late lots of times at the Zoo. You can stay (or I have) or an hour after it closes and see all the animals.

Not much to do in a park after closing. :)

APJSFR1
02-02-2002, 02:24 PM
It would be cool to be at a park after it closed and when the guards were checking make some kind of maniac like shriek and they didn't know where it came from. Then jump out and scare them. you could set something up to scare them and you could sneak around behind them and then scare them and they couldn't find you. Ooh, cool idea, I will try this. Nah, It is not worth being banned from an amusement park, that would really stink.

CPFan
02-02-2002, 02:28 PM
I once wondered around at Cedar Point for a while, until one (park didn't close till midnight), when the guards asked me to leave. I was staying at the hotel, so my car couldn't have been towed. It was fun wondering around, I had just got off Power Tower and it was 12:15.

Marcus
02-02-2002, 03:25 PM
HAHA i tried this once because i wanted to see wanted to see wat happens at CP after the park closed. I wanted to see the employees and stuff do the check ups in stuff. And I was serious about it. I tried to take all the paths that have the less traffic. But some guard found me and asked me to leave. But i tried to out smart him. I flashed him my season pass and showed it to him claiming I worked their. He said "This is no ID, get the hell out of here!!!" o well i tried

Dejavu Rocks
02-02-2002, 03:51 PM
When I went to the Acrophobia discovery channel ride thing @ SFOG, they said that there would be an hour wait until we could ride because they had to put cameras in different places, so me and my aunt went to find a coke machine 'cause we were thirsty. We walked around until we came to one and it was empty, so then we had to walk around to the gasp area and finally got one. Then we said "wonder if they would be mad if we walked around", so we did, and we saw a couple of mechanics when we went by Ninja and GASM, but they didn't say anything. The park is kinda creepy with absolutely no one in there. And I was wondering if anyone knew if the sounds for fright fest are motion activated, because when we walked into Gotham city, the fright fest music came on, and then when we went out, we couldn't here it any more. The same thing happened by monster plantation too... it was really creepy...lol

S:ROSFNE
02-02-2002, 06:45 PM
It is definetly possible. Parks with a lot of woods would be perfect to hide out in.

chilled
02-02-2002, 10:27 PM
why would u really wanna do this tho

SfgadvaWs
02-02-2002, 11:03 PM
You have to admit it would be cool if you were the only one in the park and it was closed?

Cuddy
02-03-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by SfgadvaWs
You have to admit it would be cool if you were the only one in the park and it was closed?

Yeah, but your not going to ride coasters. All you get to do is play hide n seek with security and risk jail time. No thanks.

sa_spurs_2150
02-03-2002, 12:26 AM
I would think people think of this so they can find a good place to hide and sleep over night somewhere so they can get in the next day free

flyer
02-03-2002, 10:32 AM
I think that it would be really easy to do in a park like BGW, in the woods or around Drachen Fire, if I would stay over in BGW I would stay in the Drachen Fire station.

condor27
02-04-2002, 02:06 AM
Hmmm...... just make sure that you don't wander into the Babboon place (SFGAdv right?) or Lion den or crocodile pit if you decided to do that in BGT.

robvia
02-04-2002, 07:54 AM
I've always wondered about sneaking into a park for free early. Don't flame, I've never done this.
At SFWoA 2 years ago, I got there super early. So early, I was first in the parking lot and didn't have to pay because noone was in the booths, it was 8am. So I walked along the road to see S:UE. On the way back, the fence next to the go-kart track was open as they we're doing some ground maintenance, and I was thinking to myself, "Gee, I wonder what would happen if I snuck in and hid behind this building?" Of coarse, I didn't do it.

If you really wanted too, you could probably try walking thru the employee entrance if there is no guard, and then try to enter the park. If a guard stops you, then you say, oh, I thought this was the entrance. And no, I've never done it.

Of coarse, someone can get into a park if they really want too. A couple years ago, someone thought it would be fun to swim with Shamu at SWF. He went into the park in the middle of the night. He was found at the bottom of the tank the next morning. It wasn't Shamu that killed him, rather, the water is very cold, 72 degrees, and the dude went into the tank naked. He probably died from freezing. I went to DC last year, and the water is cold.

SfgadvaWs
02-04-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by robvia
It wasn't Shamu that killed him, rather, the water is very cold, 72 degrees, and the dude went into the tank naked. He probably died from freezing. I went to DC last year, and the water is cold.

Isnt 72 degrees warm? Well theres also an employee entrance near the new season pass gate at Sfgadv and alot of times there isnt a guard there, but you would probily get caught.

CrystalKat
02-04-2002, 06:01 PM
It's true, employee gates do abound. At Cedar Point, however, they are all monitored with the exception of one (goes underneath the Blue Streak), and to go through that you you'd have to walk by a couple of offices and an employee break area -- you would get caught.

If you think about it, though, the very few (like, less than 25 I'd imagine) admissions that get lost each season due to the honest "I thought this was an entrance" mistakes that aren't caught are less than a molecule of water in the park's bucket of profits.

Sethar
02-04-2002, 10:17 PM
There were a number of occasions last summer that I was walking around Valleyfair at 1 or 2 in the morning. One in particular, I had been running sound for the food department party which was held next to the Gazebo Stage. I tore down my sound equipment and headed out of the park at about 1:30. I love being there that late. It's a neat feeling.

condor27
02-05-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by SfgadvaWs

Isnt 72 degrees warm? Well theres also an employee entrance near the new season pass gate at Sfgadv and alot of times there isnt a guard there, but you would probily get caught.

I think that incident happened when water temp was around 40...

funkytones
02-05-2002, 05:29 AM
hehe sethar... try walkin around at like 4 am RIGHT next to the wild thing break-block compressor room (behind the ampitheater) and have it decompress or whatever it does... the loud "PPPSSSSSSHHH" sound...hehe... holy crap... it was tence ;P

SfgadvaWs
02-05-2002, 06:05 PM
.......at great adventure, theres alittle stage near runaway train that nobody uses, and if you walk behind it theres a door, so i wanted to see what was in it, but before i could the siren from runaway train sounded, i wonder whats in it?

PhantomRevnge67
02-05-2002, 07:17 PM
ive never been able to try that. maybe i should with another freind. ill try it at kennywood.

Natelox
02-05-2002, 07:49 PM
well at a local moutain, they scan your ticket before u go sking, then once the closing time passes, if not all the numbers match, they know somebody has gone missing and they call in the search and rescue. I know parks don't do that, but maybe they should now.

Anaconda
02-05-2002, 08:49 PM
If any of you have read the books The Beast and The Beast 2 by R.L. Stine then you know that PKI has a very good security system. However, if, and thats a bigger-than-MF IF I decided to do it, I would do it at either PKD or BGW. BGW under the bridge wooden bridge leading from Festa Italia to San Marco or Banbury Cross or on the other side of the dam that holds back the "Rhine River" or somewhere in a heavily wooded area, like where the train goes through, or in the Rhine River on a moonless night,
or maybe on a train trestle or a heavily wooded area that the train goes through.

At PKD, in the woods beside the Log Flume, White Water Canyon, or in the woods at the back part of Waterworks where Nightslider is. Don't hide in the water though, its snake-infested (or at least what I saw on my White Water Canyon interesting trip, check Water Rides for details).

However, due to the risks involved, I DO NOT RECOMMEND STAYING IN A THEME PARK OVERNIGHT. But if you do, bring camoflauge clothes, stay at a resort where the distance to the park is walkable, and stay in the woods.

funkytones
02-05-2002, 09:14 PM
no one should EVER... ever try and tresspass into a park after closing... hide out in a park... etcetcetc... it all comes down to the good ole scenerio of "if someone tells you to jump off a bridge... would you?"

SfgadvaWs
02-06-2002, 03:28 PM
i couldnt agree more with you

robvia
02-07-2002, 03:38 PM
Yeah, plus you'd feel like junk the next day. I have to fly everywhere, so I've thought of flying at night, arriving, getting the rental car, and sleeping in it, then arriving at the park in the morning. I'm thinking, 'Why should I pay $40 if I'm only gonna be in the room for 6 hours or so?"
Well, I'll tell ya, after flying in a bird for 2 hours, my body feels like junk, I get the hotel room. So imagine how you'd feel if you spent the entire night in a park, with bugs biting you, and being bored the entire time.
If anyone did it, it would be more of a survival challenge. And the next day, I doubt they'd enjoy their stay in the park.

funkytones
02-07-2002, 06:05 PM
doesnt matter... its crrrriminal tresspassing... arrestable...doesnt matter if yer tired or not... or if the bugs or going to bite you or not... common sence here ;) ...hehe...i could go on and on but not now... have fun

condor27
02-08-2002, 02:13 AM
Camp in the park??????

Errrr..... you better not have any beard........ just imagine what the security will think if they find several guys with beard hide inside a major amusement park, after all the speculations that someone did think about blowing up Disney World......

CrystalKat
02-08-2002, 08:29 AM
The best way to sleep in a park overnight is to get a job there! ;) Trust me, you'll be so sick of it that you'll be dreaming about getting out.

:devil:

Nitro Boy
02-08-2002, 08:49 PM
Well IF i were going to do this i would do the following:
1.First it would be at HP since i know the terrain better at this park than any other park.
2.I'd were camoflague to blend in with the trees.
3.Once park closes and nobody's looking i head into the woods proably somewhere by the Great Bear. I really don't have a location figured out cause i never really thought of this before.
4.In one of my pockets i'd have bug spray, and a little pillow.
5.And if nessacary i'd be ready to move in seconds.
6.I'd also have buy a drink in the park, and some snack to keep with me if i got hungray\thristy.

So basiclly i think this is very possible at most parks but it really is pointless unless you don't have a season pass and you really are that cheap.

Raging Rider
02-08-2002, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't try it. If security finds you an hour or more after everyone is gone, you could be kicked out of the park for a long time.

alpie
02-09-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Boy
Well IF i were going to do this i would do the following:
1.First it would be at HP since i know the terrain better at this park than any other park.
2.I'd were camoflague to blend in with the trees.
3.Once park closes and nobody's looking i head into the woods proably somewhere by the Great Bear. I really don't have a location figured out cause i never really thought of this before.
4.In one of my pockets i'd have bug spray, and a little pillow.
5.And if nessacary i'd be ready to move in seconds.
6.I'd also have buy a drink in the park, and some snack to keep with me if i got hungray\thristy.

So basiclly i think this is very possible at most parks but it really is pointless unless you don't have a season pass and you really are that cheap.

Ah... but you're forgetting about the next day! You have at least another 5 hours of daylight to kill before the park opens. Where are you gonna hide then? [Find a broom and start sweeping?]Also, the guards are trained to be on the lookout for people brushing their teeth in the bumper boat pool. I'd add gum to your "commando kit"...

THECHILLER
02-09-2002, 08:20 PM
I wonder if IOA's security search DD's castle and station. That would be a pretty good spot to hide out in, but I bet that they turn off all the lights, now THAT would be scary! Pitch black in a dungeon :shivers:. Yeah you probably have to keep running and keep your brain on, as if you see 2 security guards coming from opposite directions, you would have to think of something FAST!

Alien@SixFlags
02-09-2002, 08:27 PM
i bet the jurassic park placein IOA would be the best place to hide

NWcoaster-rider
02-10-2002, 05:33 PM
Oh man....this is a great idea!!! I can just see it now:

Wow! I'm inside the park and no one else is! Sweet!...............................*whistles "Mary had a little lamb"*..............Yep.........Having fun............................................... .........HEY! A squirrel!! Come here little guy! Oh man. He left...........*YAWN*.....It's cold...........I'm bored............I'm hungry.............How long have I been here? 6 hours? 3 hours? 1 hour? 5 minutes!!! Oh man, this sucks, I'm going home.:D :D :D

Professor KoasterFreak
02-10-2002, 06:01 PM
I used to work at Libertyland in Memphis. I had a position on the night cleanup crew. I was working near Revolution, the park's only steel coaster and Old Hickory, the log flume ride, waterwashing the walkways in that area. This was in 3 am in '96 season. I found some guests hiding in the flume's cave by noticing some lit cigarettes moving inside the cave, and they were defacing the cave so I called the park security. The teenagers were charged with trepassing, defacement of private property, and a $5,000 bill to repair the damages they did to the flume cave. Saw the teens' parents..they werent very pleased with them. So this would be a dumb idea and I would not imagine what a major park will charge you with. Security and night cleanup crews are only allowed to roam around after hours.

Coaster Boy
02-10-2002, 06:57 PM
I can just imagine staying in a park after closing: I'd wear fatigues, and I'd have a backpack full of "supplies", including:
1) Flashlight. Might seem stupid to have a light if you're trying to hide, but it might come in handy when moving off the lit paths.
2) Snacks- chips, candy bar, ect. One can get hungry when deprived of food for ten hours.
3) Water. You wouldn't want to go to the fountain, you might get caught.
4) A map of the park. Make it look like you came in with all the others, and decided to grab a park map, or anything else they hand out at the entrance.

When the parked closed I would sit on a bench until the path I was on was deserted, then I'd sneak into the bushes or something. Then I would sleep until I was found, or until I just woke up on my own. Then I would wander aroun, off the path and well hidden, until I began to see people heading to the rides. Then I would come out onto the path and act like I had just got there.

Why do I have so many details on how this would happen? No, I have not done this, but I had a very vivid dream about it recently. The funny thing was, that through most of my dream the Mission Impossible theme was playing very loudly.

Coasterman Mike
02-13-2002, 12:21 AM
I can see it now... you run into school the next day telling all of your friends that you were able to hide in an amusement park all night long. They then reply to you, "Why?" With no response, you move on to the next person.

Coasterman Mike

ChronoTrigger
02-13-2002, 06:34 PM
If anybody actually tries this, don't try to blame Coasterforum members. This is a crime. It is punishable by law. This discussion can continue for now, but please. DO NOT TRY IT.

funkytones
02-14-2002, 12:25 AM
amen ben... its what i have been trying to say with my earlier posts...;P

Tanner_J
02-15-2002, 11:30 AM
By Far I think the best park to hide out in would be PKI. I mean the park is surrounded by woods, and there are like 5 acres of woods between the water park and the coaster side of the park. So if you think about it there are tons of woods....Just a suggestion though, if you do this at PKI make sure you don't get trampled by the deer while in your sleep because at PKI there are deer in the woods wandering around. I know this because I was riding the train from the water park back to the coasters when they stopped it real suddenly because there was a deer on the track.

wahooskipper
02-15-2002, 11:43 AM
I don't condone hiding out in parks. What IS fun is playing a great game of either hide-and-seek or capture the enemies flag on Tom Sawyer Island at DL or WDW.

We used to go to the park in California all the time when I was a kid and if you weren't concerned about the rides you could have a great time on the Island with the caves and everything else.

cedarpoint4ever
02-16-2002, 08:49 PM
you could definetly hide out in an amusement park without being caught. the best big parks to hide out in would be PKI, because there are so many woods by the beast and you could easily hide in there, or PKD, in the woods near grizzly. in small parks like Holiday World and place like that it would be really easy because there are so many woods without anything in them. The only place to hide out in CP would be the MF island, but its likely you would be caught there. SFA wouldnt be that hard now that i think about it, because they have a lot of unused land, same with SFGADV.

PaulD
02-17-2002, 10:07 AM
I would never ever try this, I think the Risk is just way too High, Although it sounds like fun to do, If you got caught, you would get in serious trouble with the Police, and get arrested for tresspassing.

Speaking about this though, brings me to a story about Alton Towers, You may know that AT has a lot of Gardens to Walk round, and I know for a fact there is lots of hiding places. I also know about a little hiding place when you walk to the Nemesis Area, Its hard to explain where exactly it is, But its before you go up some stairs to the skyride, and off to the right, there is a little Dark Black Hole which is very well hidden if you dont know about it.
Now I would still never Try this, but its quite possible to hide in that particular space at the end of the day, and Try to get away with spending a night in the park and waking up in the morning to a free day out. Heck it would be most uncomfortable, but all ya gotta do is bring a bag with a Tent in it, I really dont know what Alton's Security is like at the end of the day, in that I dont know if they search the whole park for people especially in the gardens, afterall, Its quite possible you could get some Stupid people trying it.
Also, I do know they have caught people before in that particular Hole, But they was'nt trying to stay in there overnight, they were doing something else which is what most lovers do in bed(I will leave it at that, I'm sure you can guess wot) I couldnt stop laughing when my friend who works at Alton told me about it

jojo103081
02-17-2002, 06:37 PM
IOA and Universal has City Walk before their entrance, and that stays open until 2 AM (or after on certain days), so I don't think they would tow your car... and if you stay at Portofino or Hard Rock you would definitely not have to worry about that. I have no idea where in the park you could hide though- everything looks like it could be easily checked by security. I think BGT might be easier to hide in, because the Serengeti Plain alone is 29 acres. I am sure security isn't going to wander into claw Island (where the Bengal Tigers are) to find somebody that is hiding under a Ficus tree. But I have seen cameras there, so then again, I think it would be hard to pull off. (And who the heck is going to hide in a Tiger den for saving a measly 50 bucks?)

TITANium Alloy
02-17-2002, 07:22 PM
Yes, I believe this could happen at SFOT. All you'd have to do is just hide by the train tracks or jump the Judge's queue(sp?0 rail and hide out around its supports. I think it would be pretty cool if you hid out all night then got to be the first in the park for free the next day.