PDA

View Full Version : NoLimits Tournament Round 7: Croquet

Tom Zeliff
03-04-2002, 05:10 AM
Let's play croquet, shall we?

Entry Details:
All coasters must be uploaded to this thread by Midnight EST Sunday, March 17th. Please do not post links to download from other sites, and please do not post screenshots or posts discussing the rides. This is an upload only thread.
You may only enter one coaster in, but you may make revisions to your coaster as long as the newer version is uploaded before the deadline.
Your design must be your own original work and not previously entered into this or any other contest. No recreations of real coasters.

Design Rules:
You must use this file (http://rideop.twistedrails.com/Round_7_Template.zip) to build your coaster in.
All of your trains must be at least 7 cars long.
Your coaster must run at least 3 trains properly.
You may only use the provided lift hill.
You may not alter the lift hill, station, or any of the support arches in any way. You may not change the lift hill speed settings.
You may not use any LIMs or any Friction Tires on any part of your coaster.
No part of the track or train may go underground. Adequate clearances to the ground, track, station, and supports must be maintained at all times.
Bonus: You will earn 1 bonus point for each arch you pass under. Only 1 point per arch, no extra points for going through the same arch more than once.
Other than the above restrictions you are free to use any style train/track, and you may do whatever you'd like with the layout.

Judging Criteria:
Realism Proper consideration should be given to speed and g-forces.
Technical This category rates how well you have designed and implemented Technical aspects of your coaster including the Lift, Station and Brakes. Think about how these elements generally look in real life, and then build them accordingly. I will be testing the E-Stop on your coaster, so be sure it can start again when stopped anywhere.
Difficulty This rating is based on how complicated your coaster is. Giant out and back coasters will score lower than tight compact spaghetti bowls.
Smoothness Your ride should have a smooth, fluid feel to it. This category will judge that as well as transitions from one segment to another. Sudden jumps and severe jolts will lower your score.
Pacing/Fun Your coaster should move along at a good pace, have variety in the elements, and not crawl or go too fast.
Supports This category judges how well you designed your support structure. Your supports should properly support the coaster as well as have some aesthetic value.

All categories are judged on a scale from 1-10, averaged together, and the result is multiplied by 10 for a final score from 1-100.

Good luck to you all! If you have questions please post them in the General NoLimits forum, not in this thread. Good luck!

Results to round 6 are finished and should be posted soon.

-Tom

Alex T
03-08-2002, 07:15 PM
here's my round 7 entry. BTW do you know when you'll be posting round 5 results?

EDIT: I made the station longer so the train could fit.

Coasterbp
03-09-2002, 12:21 AM
Here's my entry, you mallethead!

To fit with the theme of croquet of course, mine is entitled...

-=Mallethead=-

I'm very pleased with this coaster. I think that it's extremely smooth for me, and I'm happy that I'm getting better at getting them smoother. Not happy about the last 1/4 of the course. Not too exciting, but I was running out of inertia. Also not happy about where I placed the MCBR. I put it too soon in the ride, and it kind of makes the timing a little off. But I'm overall extremely pleased about the smoothness of the ride overall. One or two semi-bumps, but I can live with it..

Enjoy!

-=BP

SpongeBob
03-10-2002, 02:16 PM
Here it is again fixed for the final time, this time I fixed the stoping at the top of the lift which I didn't realize.

SFoTFreeek
03-13-2002, 02:58 PM
Ok the ending is kinda slow, but im happy with the intensity of the first half Enjoy

cgodsey
03-13-2002, 09:28 PM
The name fits well with the contest and the upcoming baseball season.. GO CARDINALS!

A nice sized Intamin Megacoaster that winds and weaves through 10 of the targets. This is my first Speed Zone contest entry.

Edit: New version with landscaping..

coasterboaster
03-13-2002, 11:34 PM
here's mine

Professor KoasterFreak
03-15-2002, 03:06 AM
Heres my entry! Enjoy your nightmare journey on a guardian rocket through a disasterous event- Remember, folks, this is not going to be a walk in the park.;) :eek: :D ....The sensations you get from this ride is completely intentional to enchance the flight through a bad event. :devil:

Dark Luke
03-15-2002, 12:08 PM
Here goes my entry: Blade 2!

nolimtsnerd120
03-15-2002, 07:09 PM
heres my entry!

NewtonAir
03-17-2002, 02:09 PM
Here is my ODDBALL! a FLAT roller coaster with a GIGANTIC drop and two bunny hops. Recently added supports to the track so enjoy!

Bob Hellyer
03-17-2002, 06:08 PM
Here is the Lawn Serpent, weaving in and out of turn low to the ground. Hope you like.

Jaynen
03-17-2002, 06:28 PM
I am glad that I have a track to upload! :) It makes it under 27 arches I think.

It's called Sonix

robocoasterdude
03-17-2002, 06:29 PM
Prepare to be fertilized........

TITANium Alloy
03-17-2002, 07:30 PM
:devil:El Diablo:devil:

You're fixing to depart on a journey to hell and back. Can you conquer El Diablo?

IOASpiderman
03-17-2002, 11:03 PM
Here's my entry. Once again, not much to say about it. Didn't have enough time to get all of the bumps out, but its smooth enough. And remember... if the ride doesn't make you puke, the colors will.