PDA

View Full Version : March Discussion

Andy Hodgson
03-08-2002, 09:38 PM
Ok, jabber jabber here on the entered parks. Sorry about the later posting, forgot about it. Thanks natelox for the reminder :)

TXCoasterGuy1
03-08-2002, 10:24 PM
C'mon people enter some parks. Anyone entering parks for this contest, I know Butterfinger is, anyone have any parks in the works? just curious to see whose gonna be in this one.

Dark Luke
03-08-2002, 11:11 PM
I might, when I have the time. And if this will happen, the park will feature clones of my older coasters except 1 or 2.

Alien@SixFlags
03-09-2002, 11:25 AM
i posted my park, check it out!

TXCoasterGuy1
03-09-2002, 11:43 AM
Well Alien, your park was okay, the theming was better then your last, and some of the coasters were good others, not so good, like Bat Cave. O yeah i like the witch's face, very creative and funny. You just need to have some more detail and the coasters are a little dominating, try to hide them in trees. Im not saying dont have big coasters,but there are ways to make them seem "not-so-dominating"
Theming 6/10
Coasters 6/10

Park 6/10

Natelox
03-09-2002, 05:42 PM
Project Dark Child: Comming Soon

Critics say its better than the Westcoast

Aaron
03-09-2002, 06:12 PM
Overall, a very nice park. Nice theming and good coasters. I especially liked TRICK-or-Treat, and none of the coasters were too domineering, which is good. My only suggestions would be to possibly tame down Bat Cave and Phantom's Fury.

TXCoasterGuy1
03-09-2002, 09:59 PM
Holy crap butterfinger, thats one awesome park. Theming is awesome almost perfect. Coasters were extremely good, except for CLAW, had a rather low rating. O well this is park is VERY detailed. Incredible work Butterfinger. And you shouldnt call the coaster smokin thunder excitement boost, its not a good name, it shows that you kinda cheated, i dont mind its just awkward. Everything was nice. This is better then my entry (havent entered it yet).

Theming 9.5/10 (i dont like going around giving 10's no offense)
Coasters 9/10

Grade 9.5/10 (not an average)

Aaron
03-09-2002, 10:23 PM
Butterfinger, that was one of the best RCT parks I've ever seen. The theming was superbly detailed and the rides were top notch. The hotel was just as good as the park itself. Great job!

Butterfinger
03-09-2002, 10:55 PM
Wow, thanks for the comments!

QUOTE: And you should'nt call the coaster smokin thunder exitment boost, its not a good name, it shows you kinda cheated, i dont mind its just akward :QUOTE

What exactly are you trying to say here? And what did I "cheat" about?

EDIT: Okay, now I think I know what you are talking about. Do you mean that little coaster that I syncronized with Smok'in Thunder to increase its exitment? Yes, it was kind of cheating in a way, but hey, RCT does'nt have any exitment boosting rules that I know of! :D :D :D

TXCoasterGuy1
03-09-2002, 11:10 PM
yeah it was a little cheap. Dont make it that obvious. And smoking thunder although the most impressive looking and having the highest excitement in the park, is slow and not paced well. not exactly smoking thunder spee. o well, in a park like this small errors stand out to me more. o yeah and have some music. it gives the park a better "feel". i think thats the last complaint, otherwise great park.

Natelox
03-10-2002, 02:10 PM
i haven't looked at your park yet, but sounds like i'm in trouble.

also change of plans: Project Dark Child is going to another website, i'll be submitting 'The Westcoast', currently ranked number 7 and 10 on peoples best park lists.

TXCoasterGuy1
03-10-2002, 03:28 PM
Btw andy, where are the Avatars for feburary contest winners?

And wait natelox, are you saying this park (westcoast)already been publicly released? then you cant enter it, according to the rules i think. i think andy said its okay if you send it to like 1 or 2 people for testing though/

Dark Luke
03-10-2002, 07:16 PM
I never cheat my coaster's ratings with any other coasters/rides/attractions - only paths at most.

Well... Coasters/rides/attractions "cheats" can boost a coaster's excitement rating by 0.50 at most. I've tested this on my giga flying coaster before.

Alien@SixFlags: Your park for this month's submission have a coaster with 10.24 intensity - you should fix it. Also, your suspended coaster have way too high nausea - very few guests will be riding it

Natelox
03-10-2002, 08:23 PM
well the westcoast has not been publicly released, although i have sent it to some close friends and testers.

also i didn't think that butterfingers park was that great. IMO i liked your first one you entered alot better.

Andy Hodgson
03-10-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by TXCoasterGuy1
Btw andy, where are the Avatars for feburary contest winners?

And wait natelox, are you saying this park (westcoast)already been publicly released? then you cant enter it, according to the rules i think. i think andy said its okay if you send it to like 1 or 2 people for testing though/

Alex has been gone on vacation a bit. They will get changed soon.

Alien@SixFlags
03-11-2002, 06:49 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, i wish i could get 1st atleast once becuase i really need that free ticket. I tried or ever to keep ba caves intensit dow but i couldnt fid out what was causing it, so i just kept it how it was.

Thanks a lot

Natelox
03-11-2002, 07:59 PM
the westcoast is up, hope ya'll like it.

Butterfinger
03-11-2002, 09:15 PM
Natelox, are you ever going to give anyone else a chance at winning this contest? Sheeeesh, I mean there should be a rule limiting the number of times a certain person can win :rolleyes:

Awesome park. It is definatly one of the best that I have ever seen, but still cant compare to Altamont :)

Beat
03-11-2002, 09:23 PM
Hey, everyone!
I'm new here...I'm better know as on DNet as KumbaMaster.
Next mont I'll be sending in my park for PP, so watch out! My vote definately goes to Natelox... I've seen this park WAYYYY back, and it ROCKED (as it still does and ever will). So, good luck to all that up againsst him ;)

:= KumbaMaster

Aaron
03-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Natelox, your park was superb. As good as Alamont, if not better. The theming was incredible, as were the coasters. All the trees around Guallatiri seemed a little out of place, though. It's not that big of a deal, however.

Natelox
03-12-2002, 08:45 PM
thanx for the comments...although IMO, i think this park murders altamont, i didn't like it THAT much.

The_Evil_Tediz
03-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Both Westcoast and Monte Vista were very good. Westcoast had the edge, IMO. Better pacing on the coasters, and slightly better theming. Monte Vista looked a bit cluttered, and the pacing of coasters was ruined by multiple lift hills. I liked Westcoast better than Altamont, but only slightly.

Butterfinger
03-13-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by The_Evil_Tediz
Both Westcoast and Monte Vista were very good. Westcoast had the edge, IMO. Better pacing on the coasters, and slightly better theming. Monte Vista looked a bit cluttered, and the pacing of coasters was ruined by multiple lift hills. I liked Westcoast better than Altamont, but only slightly.

Only 3 of my coasters had multiple lifts, but I do agree that some of them were not paced very well. I guess I was just going for higher exitments in this park and not really worrying about the pacing enough.

P.S.- Something that I forgot to include in the readme- This park is actually the name of the road that I live on! My road is named "Monte Vista" because I live on a lake with lots of mountains surrounding it, so thats where I got the name from.

TXCoasterGuy1
03-14-2002, 11:06 AM
My park is coming soon, not sure if i can match up with either of these parks. hey beat, good to see some talented rct players coming, ur parks are pretty good, i liked coldwater canyon, dont know what other parks you've made. im gonna need ALOT of luck to win this one.

Westcoaste was awesome, just wow. this is probably the 3rd or 4th best park ive ever seen. Everything was perfect (not quite i dont believe in a perfect park). Uh lets see coasters were amazing, theming, unbelieveably awesome. O yeah, on the hotel roof you spelled Sattelite wrong fix that, haha thats a flaw.

coasters 9.9/10
theming 9.8/10

park: 9.9/10 great park natelox.

p.s. how about next time let one us less talented people win okay? :mad:
its okay really, im shooting for a THIRD mouse pad.

SFMM DUDE
03-14-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by TXCoasterGuy1
My park is coming soon, not sure if i can match up with either of these parks. hey beat, good to see some talented rct players coming, ur parks are pretty good, i liked coldwater canyon, dont know what other parks you've made. im gonna need ALOT of luck to win this one.

I got a "Sneek Peak" on TxCoasterguy's new park and it is awsome. There is gonna be allot of competition this time.

RCT loser
03-14-2002, 02:33 PM
I'm throwing my park in the ring, too. I'm fairly sure you all know which one.:= I know I'm gonna be smoked by Natelox, Butterfinger, and TX Coaster Guy 1, but I'm going for 4th. Everyone, vote for me.

Butterfinger
03-14-2002, 05:38 PM
I just took a look at your park RCT Loser, and heres the reveiw......

COASTERS- Fairly nice work on your coasters in this park. I especially liked Babtism of Blood. Even though it looked kind-of ugly and dominating, It still had great pacing and a nice layout. The triple duelers were pretty cool also. For your coasters I give you a 8/10

THEMING- Okay, although you had a unique and creative theme (which is always good) I cant say much about your theme work. I think you could of used alot more detail on your castles, and of course try to use some flat rides (I didnt see ANY of those in your park) 6.5/10

LANDSCAPING- When you posted pics of this park in the thread, I noticed that there was only one type of tree, but now there is more of a wide variety, good job on that! The tree selection looks very good, and there was'nt very much flat land which is very good. 7/10

OVERALL LOOK- From above this park looks kind-of barren and boring. Parks like this really need double paths, and of course some buildings! 5.5/10

FINAL RATING- 6.5/10 Not the most amazing parks I have ever seen, but still well above average!

Aaron
03-14-2002, 08:01 PM
My review of Transylvannia Island.

Coasters: Your coasters were very well done. They stood out, but they didn't dominate the park, which is good. They had good names, although I didn't like the side supports on Baptism Of Blood. Overall coaster rating: 8.0

Theming: You used a very good blend of trees. They gave a good, creepy look, and the grave markers scattered around look very nice as well. Smooth Seas could have used some scenery, though, and the area in front of the castle looked too empty. Overall theming rating: 7.5

Other Rides: You had a nice blend of other rides in this park. They fitted in very well with the rest of the park. However, the park seemed too devoid of water rides. The only one I saw that could be opened was Smooth Seas. Overall other rides rating: 7.0

Additional Comments: Overall, a good park. You could have added a few things in front of the castle, or around Baptism Of Blood, those parts looked too plain.

Total Park Rating: 7.2.

Billycool120
03-14-2002, 08:48 PM
Butterfingers park is the best so far I think. I should have a park entered in this contest. Natelox you you took my idea for a launched Xcelorator type ride, nooooo:sadface: mine has higher ratings though and it's still got some themeing to do:D Good luck everyone.

Natelox
03-15-2002, 07:17 PM
how high are the ratings?

Launchcoasterfreak
03-16-2002, 03:55 PM
what does everyone think of the parks , i d lie to know what you guys think

TXCoasterGuy1
03-16-2002, 08:12 PM
you mean your park or all the parks, you said parks.

well ill assume you mean ur park.

your park was decent, not enough detail, i just, didnt like the feel of it. the ratings were average. theming about average also. nothing too special, no offense.

6.5/10 for the whole park

o yeah i have a question why has launchedcoasterfreak's park been downloaded 42 times, but mine only 10? whats up with that, i entered mine before his, mine is not a bad park IMO. thats weird.

BTW check out my park its worth it, comments critique much appreciated

thanks

Aaron
03-16-2002, 09:28 PM
Here's my rating of Cornado Hills, The Legendary Beach, and Death's Forest

Cornado Hills.

Coasters: The coasters in this park were beautifully done. They all had top notch theming, not to mention great excitement ratings. They stood out from the rest of the park, especially Shimmering Amethyst, but they didn't dominate the park at all. My favorites were the two duelers, Carnelian and Tourmaline. I really liked their pacing.
Overall coaster rating: 9.5

Scenery: The scenery of this park gave it a decidedly Western look, in my opinion. I especially liked the mountain around Topaz River. Gold Quest River also had some great theming. You had a very good blend of trees in this park, and the gardens were well done.
Overall scenery rating: 10

Other Rides: My favorite of all the other rides had to be Topaz River, although I liked all the rides in this park. Rides such as Perilous Peridot and Stallions, which normally look very plain, looked great.
Overall other rides rating: 9.5

Miscellaneous Comments: So far, the best of this month's Premier Park entries. Everything fitted together perfectly. I really liked the little extras that you had, like the bridge supports, the misters, the speakers near the entrance, and all the other little features. The pathways looked great, by the way.

Overall park rating: 10

The Legendary Beach.

Coasters: You had some interesting coasters in this park. Nothing too dominating, but although the rides themselves were alright, they were just too plain. At best, they had minimal theming.
Overall coaster rating: 5

Scenery: This park had very little theming, and the scenery that the park did have didn't look that great. For example, around Nysale - Legend of the Forest, you clumped the trees together, which I think looks really bad, and the Martian theming didn't look good amongst a forest
Overall scenery rating: 2

Other rides: Nothing too great here. You could have at least given the rides on the beach a name. The only ride that I thought was okay was River of the Faithful.
Overall other ride rating: 2.5

Miscellaneous Comments: This park looked far too plain. 3 of the coasters just sat out in the water, with no theming at all. The waterslide area looked too crowded, it would have looked better if you changed the supports to something thinner, like the pipes.

Overall park rating: 3

Death's Forest.

Coasters: The coasters were pretty good in this park, although some of them stood out a little too much and some of them looked too plain. The Grip Reaper looked the best out of all of them.
Overall coaster rating: 7

Scenery: For the most part, the scenery of this park was good. Your choice of trees looked good, but it would have looked a little better had there been more types. However, around The Rampage and Fear Flight, there wasn't enough scenery.
Overall scenery rating: 6.5

Other Rides:
The best of the other rides that I saw was Haunted River Ride. The other rides blended well into the trees and the coasters, although another water ride would have been nice.
Overall other rides rating: 6.8

Miscellaneous comments: Overall, this park was well done, although there were a few parts that could have used improvments. I especially liked the little structures you built around some of the rides; it made them look better.

Overall park rating: 7.4

EDIT: I'll also add my review of Magic Valley to this post.

Coasters: This park had some very nice coasters in it. However, there seemed to be too many of them crammed into the park's middle. I also counted 5 Steel Twisters; a greater variety would have been better. All the coasters were nicely themed, and I especially liked The Sword and The Stone.
Overall coaster rating: 8

Scenery: The trees in this park worked very well for a castle themed area. The castles were great, as were the gardens. I really liked the theming of The Troll, which really made it look as though the coaster was rampaging through a medieval city.
Overall scenery rating: 8.6

Other rides: The rides themselves were pretty good. They had decent names, and the fitted in well with the rest of the park. However, the park seemed to lack some water rides.
Overall other rides rating: 6.5

Miscellaneous Comments: Overall, well done; this park was quite good. It would have been better, though, if you had a greater variety.

Overall park rating: 7.7

Kraken
03-18-2002, 08:22 PM
I entered my park, Thermalos. Be sure to check it out, ok?

Morgan
03-19-2002, 01:55 PM
GREAT PARK Kraken. You sure do get my vote.

flyer
03-19-2002, 10:16 PM
Does anyone have anything to say about my park?

Alien@SixFlags
03-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Kraken, your park was awesome. great job on themeing and rides, i think someone finally beat natelox

Natelox
03-21-2002, 05:01 PM
I sure hope not. Also thats his (kraken's) first released park....very impressive for a first park huh?

Alien@SixFlags
03-21-2002, 05:37 PM
Natelox, check your PM

flyer
03-21-2002, 07:31 PM
Well what doe you think of my park? Has anyone even looked at it?

Natelox
03-22-2002, 06:35 PM
andy, when does voting get started?

Andy Hodgson
03-22-2002, 07:00 PM
this sunday

Alien@SixFlags
03-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Flyer, i saw your park and this is what i think....

-Good things: Good coasters and theming

-Bad Things: Too many coasters, too many B&M coasters (repitition) and all the land was flat which is kinda boring

not that bad tho

Tycoon
03-23-2002, 08:38 PM
Well, I've had a chance to look at all the entries this month. There are so many good parks! Thermalos, Coronado Hills, Monte Vista, and Westcoast were all amazing parks and I had some trouble picking a favorite out of these 4. All had great coasters, outstanding theming, and a good selection of rides. I thought most of the other entries were also quite good, they had pretty good theming, great coasters, and some unique ideas. I didn't particularly like the Beach of Powers, but this is definately not Dark Luke's best effort; I thought a lot more time could have gone into this one. I found it very difficult to pick a favorite this month; right now I'm thinking Butterfinger by just a tiny bit but that may change before voting if I look more closely at these parks.

RCT loser
04-03-2002, 08:54 PM
When's April discussion coming up?