PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard-300ft launched coaster

Alex T
03-14-2002, 06:03 PM
Here's blizzard. This is probably my best ride yet. It has a 300ft launch at speeds of 98 mph. The g's are kinda high on the first hill but after that they don't go above 4. I'll be posting 3 screen shots. Please give feedback.

Alex T
03-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Here's screen shots 1 and 2

Alex T
03-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Here's the last screen shot.

Graham
03-14-2002, 06:31 PM
Great coaster! I love the first hill, which is a lot like hypersonic XLC. The only bad thing about the coaster is the station needs to be longer because part of the train is sticking out of the station. :sick: :flip: :sick: :flip: :sick:

Alex T
03-14-2002, 06:40 PM
I edited my station so now the whole train fits inside.

TopGun77
03-14-2002, 07:58 PM
nice!
Ver smooth and good layout..great airtime ont he top of the hill, althouhgnit might be a bit too extreme. Other thn that wthere wentrt many problems, except right before the last brake ruin there was ajerk but it was minor. One gripe i have with nl is the supprts..the complex supprt system makes trhe coaster look reetarded unkless u conec them or something, which takes hours and i dont expect ppl tp do that. For s further patch the should make a box suport so it doesnt take so much time.

gravitron
03-14-2002, 08:20 PM
hey atrace would you like to join our design team?

Alex T
03-14-2002, 08:34 PM
Sure. Also I finally figured out how to post a screen shot w/out having to download it so here it is.

EDIT: What just happened. I thought if it was a paint file it'd just load into the post so you don't have to download it.

chilled
03-14-2002, 08:50 PM
u have to save it as jpg or gif

chilled
03-14-2002, 08:53 PM
great caoster

darklight_tr
03-14-2002, 09:08 PM
Well me sees that i'm a bit late with my review! :: playing catchup ::

The Good: :D

-Great concept.
-Good custom supports.
-Exciting layout.
-Pacing is good for the most part.
-Launch packs a punch.
-G-forces in check for the most part.
-Just plain fun! :)

The Bad: :devil:

-Jerky in a few spots.
-Block system needs some tweaking.
-Comes close to a few supports.
-A bit slow in spots.

The Ugly: :eek:

-You knew I was going to mention it, but the hill after the launch contains excessive positive (9+ in the beginning and 7+ in the pullout) and negative (5+ at the top) gs. The rest of the ride is perfect in terms of gs. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much you can do with that hill to make it less intense.

Overall: :confused:

-Well, if I left the hill out this ride would get a pretty high score. But, I have to factor it in because it is part of the ride. This is a good launch coaster that is excellently done. With a high-impact launch coupled with good airtime and fun elements, this is a good ride. Except for the first hill. A 67/100, mostly due to the gs on the first hill. A good coaster!

Alex T
03-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Hey thanks for the positve response everybody. Darklight, what would have been my score if it wouldn't have had such a g force on the first hill. Also, here's my attempt of posting a screen shot w/out downloading it.

darklight_tr
03-15-2002, 03:27 PM
It probably would have gotten an 81/100 (maybe a bit higher); so as you can see the gs really factor into my score.

I really liked Blizzard, though! :)

SpongeBob
03-15-2002, 07:48 PM
If you want to lower the Gs on the top and bottoms of the first hill just spread it out more. The top can be spread a lot more like Dodonpa's hill which will lower the forces. I know this works because I did it on a launched S&S I was working on in NL and my by spreading the hill it lowered the Gs a lot.

Dark Luke
03-17-2002, 12:28 PM
The good:
-Smooth
-positive G's are mostly kept below 5 for the rest of the course

Major problems:
-The hill following the launch produces over 8 positive g's and 5 negative g's

Minor problems:
-positive g's hitting 5's in the turn after the mid course brakes
-A few minor sudden jolts
-Train not stopping at the station (this is happening to my Intamin supertrain in round 6!) argh! "I want to get off Blizzard" "I want to get off Lurtz" would be what RCT guests say...