PDA

View Full Version : Distances traveled since birth

CPFan
03-16-2002, 05:39 PM
Where were you born to where you live now. I know a lot of people who were born in the same town they grew up in and never moved once. I tend to differ. I was born just outside of San Fransisco, and now I live in Southern Wisconsin. Kinda weird, Cal-Wis, but thats the way it is.

jojo103081
03-16-2002, 05:43 PM
I was born in Vineland, New Jersey (in south Jersey, near Wildwood :) :) :) ), and my parents and I moved to Florida when I was small. I went to a private school until thrid grade and I only was in school for about 6 months out of the year, so the other 6 months we stayed in Jersey. So most of my childhood was half and half. I am still in Florida.

Cuddy
03-16-2002, 05:55 PM
I was born in Toledo, OH and resided there for 22 years. I now live in Stow, OH (near KENT STATE!!!).

chilled
03-16-2002, 05:55 PM
i was born in longrbanch moved to lake wood 45 mins away then moved to west long branch which is right tho the west of long branch

Aaron
03-16-2002, 05:56 PM
I was born in Goleta, California. I now live in Monecito, California, a distance of about, oh, 10 miles away.

Alex T
03-16-2002, 06:37 PM
I was born in Indianapolis and live in indianapolis and I still live in the same house

TXCoasterGuy1
03-16-2002, 08:52 PM
Born in Austin, TX, moved once bout 15 miles north, so nowhere actually.

Jokercoaster
03-16-2002, 08:58 PM
Well I was born across the Yough. River in McKeesport, PA, now I live cross the river in Port Vue,PA, so not very far.

The_Evil_Tediz
03-16-2002, 09:18 PM
I was born here in El Paso, and I have only moved once: A gargantuan distance of about 100 feet.

Dr.Corkscrew
03-16-2002, 09:20 PM
I was born in New Brunswick, NJ. Then I moved to East Brunswick and then Marlboro 11 years ago where I live today.

TITAN GIRL
03-16-2002, 09:29 PM
I was born in Wickenburg, Az, stayed there till I was about 6, we then moved to a another town in Az about and hour away- it's name was Bagdad! I lived there till I was 9, then I moved in with my Aunt and Uncle who lived in Spotsylvania, Va- stayed with them a year- then my mom came from Az and we moved to Ashland, Va- we were 7 miles from PKD;party; , I could see the Eiffel Tower from my bedroom window- boy those were the days!!:kiss: We stayed there in Ashland till the summer of 1990- then off to Texas where we have been for 11 1/2 years now-:sick: I think I will stay here:sick:! I reside in Plano, Tx with my sig. other and my mom resides in Mckinney, which is about 14 miles north of us!

R@ptor
03-16-2002, 10:22 PM
I was born in a city called Schwetzingen and live now in Ketsch (just 10 miles away) which is a suburb of Heidelberg. You've probably heard of Heidelberg...it's the home of the headquarter of the US Army in Europe.

CrystalKat
03-16-2002, 11:31 PM
Born and raised in northern Michigan (a town of about 7,000), moved to central Florida for the first year of college, transferred back to southwestern Michigan when I changed my major, and finally to northeastern Florida for my final 3 semesters (internship) and that's where I am now, with plans to move back north once again if we can manage it. But this time I've made up my mind! :D

Hector
03-17-2002, 12:55 AM
I was born in Loma Lida, California and now live in Salida. A distance of about 379 or so miles away.

Chip
03-17-2002, 01:57 AM
I was born in Phoenix, AZ, and moved to Kayenta, AZ, shortly after. If you've been around these boards and pay attention to things I say, then you should know that Kayenta is a small town on the Navajo Reservation in Northern Arizona. It's about 30 miles south of Utah, so I traveled about 300-something miles from my birthplace to hometown. Now I'm at school in Tucson.

TITAN GIRL, you're from AZ originally? Sweet!

PhantomRevnge67
03-19-2002, 10:50 AM
i was born in goldsboro, NC and i live in PA now. ive lived in like every state on the east coast.

Marcus
03-19-2002, 11:33 AM
I first lived in Clinton Township Michigan until I was 8 and then I moved to Eastpointe, Michigan about 45 miles away. And at 14 i moved to Harper Woods, Michigan a distance of 1 mile. So I have stayed near the same place all my life.

AllSmilesChica
03-19-2002, 06:28 PM
I was born in San Diego, CA and then we moved back to my parent's home state of Ohio when I was about 1.

flyer
03-19-2002, 06:58 PM
I was born in Redwood City CA, I lived in Daly City CA for 10 years, I now live in Hell AKA Virginia, I hate this state and theese stupid rednecks and most southerners in general, this state sucks. PS The south will never rise.

Andy Hodgson
03-20-2002, 08:43 AM
I was born in Charlotte, NC. Then we moved all the way across the country to Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Next we went all the way back to South Boston, VA. Now I am in M-Town. All of these distances were moved in car, not plane as well. I go across country in car about four times each year. I'm driving back to VA this weekend.

SFGadvKing
03-22-2002, 05:26 PM
i was born in cleveland ohio back in '87. in the summer of '97 i moved to WO new jersey where i am living now. its too bad i didnt like coasters back in cleveland/

Coasterfanman21
03-22-2002, 05:37 PM
I have lived in INDY my whole life, but my dad was born in New Mexico, moved to Georgia, then to Florida, then to NYC, and finally to wabash IND, and then to Indianapolis. I dont think i could handle movin that much.

RaptorXLC
03-22-2002, 09:00 PM
In terms of the closest park, I was born about 30 minutes north of Morey's peir, and now I live about 25 minutes north of Morey's Peir

condor27
03-22-2002, 10:35 PM
I had moved several times during my life........

I was born in Melaka, Malaysia but was quickly moved to a small town called Gemas where my father was working......

..... less than a year later, my father was transfered to Seremban. There, I spent 5 years, before my father was transfered back to where I was born (also where my father was born and grew up). That's where I lived the longest, 12 years!

Those 3 places are within an hour driving from each other though.

Then I went to a junior college at suburb of Kuala Lumpur (the nation's capital) which is 2 hours away. I studied for almost 2 years. Then I worked for a few months in my hometown, before ended up in a job in Singapore for 7 months. Even that's only 3 hours away from my home.

Then I came to Florida, US, which is more than 10,000 miles away from where I was born and lived. This is my 5th year in US, and I am still in Florida.