PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Tornado

SpeedAKL
03-19-2002, 08:20 PM
This is one of Arrow's latest coasters, built in 1999. It is located at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN and is quite a large ride, but you dont hear about it very much....probably because it is at Dollywood. I have ridden it since I live within reasonable driving distance of Dollywood. What do you think of the ride?

SpeedAKL
03-19-2002, 08:22 PM
This might belong in the polls section now that I think about it. Mods, you can move it if you want to.

flyer
03-19-2002, 10:13 PM
That ride is short, and only 3 inversions, looks fun though.

gardener14
03-19-2002, 10:45 PM
The first drop "through the mountain" and into the giant loop is really cool. The ride is a little short, but it is intense. The themeing with all the props in the aftermath of a tornado is well done, and the station is fun because it is so high. The long winding walk through that giant wooden structure to the actual loading area kind of adds to the suspense and excitement of the ride. The entire coaster seems to blend naturally into the mountain setting. I hope to get back there this summer. It's a long trip from Massachusetts, but it is well worth it for those who like true theme parks as well as coasters. Being a fan of Dolly helps too. :)

PhantomRevnge67
03-20-2002, 10:44 AM
yes short but fun ride. i think that some of the shorter rides are actually better.

Alex T
03-20-2002, 03:09 PM
That ride looks pretty cool. Does it have much headbanging? Why do they call the first loop a loop screw, it looks no different than a regular loop from the pictures I've seen?

Coasterfanman21
03-20-2002, 06:07 PM
I went on this ride, its alright, and the loops are pretty cool. I mean its no MF, but it is still a pretty good roller coaster.The park however, is a completely different story. Dollywood, is hillbilly central, and every where you look someon is smokin, even the queue line, which i cannot stand.

raver135
03-21-2002, 12:30 PM
Considering this is the ONLY reason to go to Dollywood, it's a good one. I had a great time on this coaster. One of the best things about it is that the wait time is almost NOTHING . . most of your time will be spent riding this great coaster or running from the drop off point back to the loading dock.

It's incredibly smooth (at least it was back in 2000 when I rode it) and it's positioning along the side of a small cliff like area makes it a fun ride.

condor27
03-21-2002, 05:16 PM
It's the only Arrow looper without the 'standard' size Arrow loop (ever wonder why all Arrow loops look like as if they're same size, it's true!). That combined with the reputed smoothness makes this coaster appeared to be 'B&Mish'.

Unfortunately, Arrow had done nothing to extent it's success on TT, therefore giving up a chance to close up on B&M's domination on loopers.

TNTornado
03-26-2002, 04:04 PM
Dollywood does not allow smoking in ride lines. Come visit us April 6!

ADVENTURES IN IMAGINATION

Butterfinger
03-26-2002, 08:31 PM
I havent been on it, but I heard somewhere that it is one of the smoothest coasters in the world. Is that really true?

Chris L
03-27-2002, 12:28 AM
Butterfinger, what you hear is true. The Tenessee Tornado is arguably Arrow Dynamic's most comfortable and smooth conventional coaster to date, without mentioning X.

James
03-27-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Atrace
That ride looks pretty cool. Does it have much headbanging? Why do they call the first loop a loop screw, it looks no different than a regular loop from the pictures I've seen?

it looks like a cool coaster ...and i think the "loop screw" is the 2 and 3 loops :)