PDA

View Full Version : April Discussion

Andy Hodgson
04-03-2002, 09:04 PM
Chit Chat Clatter Clap, discuss here about those parks that are entered.

TXCoasterGuy1
04-03-2002, 09:15 PM
i thought lost islands was a BIG improvement one your last parks BUT (yes they'res a but) it was way way too empty, it would be better if there was less water.and buildings MUCH MUCH more of them you had way too little, more flat rides, more food and drink places. more land less water. less tree repetition. it just didnt click for me (the park as a whole).

coasters: nice here, good ratings 8
theming: see aformentioned tips 6

park 7

SFMM DUDE
04-03-2002, 09:55 PM
I hope to have Cedar Mountains done by the end of this week!

Aaron
04-04-2002, 12:52 AM
Here's what I thought of Lost Islands.

Coasters.
All of the coasters in this park were great. They weren't too dominating, and they looked good as well. They all had good theming, with the possible exception of Aireada River; the theming there seemed a little too bare, but it's not that big a deal.
Overall coaster rating: 7.5

Scenery.
For the most part, the scenery was good. I liked the combination of trees on the Lost Mine island. I've never seen pine trees on sand before like you had on Trentoctillan. It looked really nice. The only scenery thing that I think didn't work too well was on Volcania. For a volcano themed area, there just seemed to be too many trees. It looked more like a creepy forest.
Overall scenery rating: 7.0

Other Rides.
The other rides that you did have in the park were well done. They all blended in well with the coasters and theming. I especially liked the go cart track on Volcania. There seemed to be an absence of gentle rides, though.
Overall other rides rating: 6.7

Missellaneous comments.
Overall, good job. The paths looked good in this park, and I liked the buildings on the bridges. I also liked the little castle-like buildings on Daramond, and there was just enough water separating the islands, not too much, not too little.

Overall park rating: 7.3

Morgan
04-04-2002, 08:46 AM
Aaaagh! It's already April?!? There's no way I'll have my park done in time. I guess there's always next month.

Review of Lost Islands:

Rollercoasters - I loved that wooden rollercoaster...and it had a great rating too. They all had nice layouts and nice elements.
Overall: 7.7

Other Rides - Where were all the flat rides? There were a couple, but you should've had more. And don't forget shops and stalls!
Overall - 6

Theming - A very nice tree selection, ecxept where the wooden rollercoaster was. You basically used only one kind of tree in that area. But still, not bad theming
Overall - 6.5

Overall rating: 6.8 (a tad bit above average)

RCT loser
04-04-2002, 08:39 PM
Darn, it seems everyone liked Transylvania Island better. There are shops and stalls, but they're buried. And actually there are 4 types of trees in Trentoctillan, but they look similar.

TXCoasterGuy1
04-04-2002, 09:08 PM
what??? this park was way better then that, sorry sometimes i judge parks in relation to the maker's past parks, saying translyvania was better then the one you made before, but lost islands is better then translyvania, its a good trend.

Aaron
04-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Review of Diamond Springs and Six Flags Daytona Beach.

Diamond Springs.
Coasters: I thought all the coasters in this park were top notch. Their ratings were incredible. The lowest excitement rating I saw was on Forest Explorer, and that was 7.79. All the coasters had great theming, and although they stood out, they weren't dominating. I really liked the way all the steep twists over the lake on Thunderer looked, and all the coasters had good paint schemes.
Overall coaster rating: 9.0

Scenery:
I saw that there seemed to be two main blends of trees in this park. The trees in the front of the park gave it almost a tropical-like appearance, while the trees in the back made that section of the park look like a forest. Both blends of trees looked great. The trees around Forest Explorer also looked really good, as they seemed to be a mixture of the two blends. I also liked the topiary and flower beds near King of the Midway.
Overall scenery rating: 8.7

Other rides:
This park had a great blend of other rides, from carousels to simulators, from Roto drops to river rapids, and from haunted houses to go carts. This park has it all. All the rides looked very good. I especially liked the way the Rocky Island Bumper Cars looked. It was a very creative idea.
Overall other rides rating: 8.5

Missellaneous Comments:
Everything about this park was great. All the components came together to produce an incredible park. I liked some of the little details this park had, like Tycoon's Private Boat Dock. Awesome park. Great job!

Overall park rating: 9.1
By the way, four hours after I wrote this review, I was looking at your park again. Interesting that you portrayed yourself as a snowman on your private boat dock.

Six Flags Daytona Beach.
Coasters:
I thought that the coasters in this park were very well constructed, and some had very interesting names. The theming of the coasters was also very good. This was one of the few parks I've seen with a Wooden Side Friction coaster and Dueling steel minis.
Overall coaster rating: 7.8

Scenery:
This park had good theming. I especially like the theming of Venom and Road To El Dorado. The theming on Mutant X also looked very nice, and I thought that the blend of trees around Trojan was really good.
Overall theming rating: 7.3

Other rides:
This park had a good blend of other rides, and they all fitted in well to the rest of the park. I liked El Splasher (good name, BTW), as well as the theming that you gave to the two drop towers.
Overall other rides rating: 6.8

Missellaneous Comments:
Overall, this park was pretty good. One thing I didn't like about it were all the different path types on the buildings near the entrances, they didn't look good. Some of the other pathways where you combined two types of path didn't look that great either.

Overall park rating. 7.1

Butterfinger
04-05-2002, 06:24 PM
It sounds like that there is lots of stiff competition entered already! I havent had a chance to download any of the parks yet because I am still on vacation, but I will as soon as I get back.

BTW, I am going to post my park Sunday. It is going to be a TRIPLE mapper, so watch out!

Andy Hodgson
04-05-2002, 08:30 PM
Ok, time for me to make a little promise. I, Andy, promise to post my reviews on 90% of all parks entered in RCT Speed Zone. This will take affect after I take the ACT tomorrow (Saturday). Which means, my review of Coronado Hill WILL come very soon. :D So sorry TXCoasterGuy1 for the long wait for it.

TXCoasterGuy1
04-05-2002, 09:06 PM
no problem, i forgot all about that anyway lol.

SFMM DUDE
04-06-2002, 10:54 PM
When does the submission time end?

Andy Hodgson
04-06-2002, 11:52 PM
Around the 21st.

Butterfinger
04-07-2002, 12:22 PM
I posted my park, check it out!

my reveiw of lost islands:

COASTERS- this park had a nice variety of coasters, and many of them were some of the best coasters that I had seen in a very long time. Like the woodie, it had great pacing, and an AWESOME rating. A good job on the coasters in this park. 8/10

LANDSCAPING- A good tree selection, but I'm not to sure about the different land on each island. Oh well, it's not that big of deal. 6/10

THEMING- you had a nice blend of theming and good names, but there seemed to be a lack of theming in this park. It could of used a LOT more buildings, and more rides for that matter. 7/10

OVERALL LOOK- This park had an okay averall look. I think one of the problems of the look to this park is that to much of all of the coasters tracks were underground, and there was not really enough buildings. 5/10

OVERALL RATING- 7/10. BTW, did you get the idea for this park from MY park, Mystical Islands? That woodie especially looked like the one that I had in that Park.

Butterfinger
04-07-2002, 12:46 PM
my review of Dimond Springs:

COASTERS- There were some very awesome coasters in this park. I especially liked Big Foots Run, but all of them were very good. I do have one complaint though, Why were all of your steel coasters colored very brightly? A lot of them were very ugly, especially Monster, which you colored brightly yellow. Try not to use yellow for the biggest coasters, or maybe dont even use it at all for that matter! 8/10

LANDSCAPING- None of the land was flat, which is good, and there were lots of waterfalls and gardens which helped the look of the park. The only problem is your tree selection (there wer'nt as many as there could of been, and they looked kind of wierd together) 7/10

THEMING- A nice creative theme with good ride names. Yes there is just one problem though- try to use more buildings. Other than that the theming was very well done. 7/10

OVERALL LOOK- This park had a nice overall look. Not much else to say, it just had a nice look. 8/10

OVERALL RATING- 7.5/10 A very well designed park. Good Job!

TXCoasterGuy1
04-07-2002, 12:52 PM
Review of Sandcastle Shores

First Glance: Detail Detail Detail, Cluttered, Overthemed.

Coasters: I loved Catapult nice ride. Other coasters had great ratings also, Surfside Cyclone is bit slow at the end. The dulers were nice. the watercoaster bit long bit nice rating. 9/10

Theming: Okay here is where there are some drawbacks, sure youve got a TON of detail, but your themeing is overtheming. its a bit too random for my taste (i know i am too a little but not as much as this). everything was cluttered. sure some parts were nice but i just didnt feel it with this park. im not saying your theming is bad, just you overdid it (yes thats possible). still i'll give you credit cause it looks like you spent time, some parts of the park were nice. the water park was very good. and the cruiseliner very creative (although you're not the first person to do that, i believe it was White Star Park or something o well).
8.3/10

The Final Grade (not an average of the two): 8.65/10

Still a Great Park!

Butterfinger
04-07-2002, 01:11 PM
my reveiw of SFDB and United Thrills of America
(sorry that I am making these seperate posts- if you are a mod, feel free to merge them together)

Six Flags Datona Bay

COASTERS- Some awesome coasters were located in this park. They all looked great and had good ratings. I really liked Mutant X. 9/10

LANDSCAPING- The landscaping in this park far surpasses that of any other park entered into this contest. The way Airkid used the land was amazing. BUT, there was one problem. I noticed that there were little blank spaces throughout the park. You should of put SOMETHING in it to make it fit in with the rest of the park (like maybe trees or something) 8/10

THEMING- The theming was amazing. The coasters had great theming, there were awesome buildings, it was just a great job of theming. CeaderFairMaster said that he thought that the different paths near the entrance did not look good- well I feel exactly the opposite. I thought that they DID go good together. And they wer'nt random placed, they had a pattern. The buildings near the entrance was the best part of the park, IMO. 9/10

OVERALL LOOK- An awesome overall look. The only problem was the little empty spaces, but I'm not complaining to much. 9/10

OVERALL RATING- 9/10. This was the best entry yet IMO (not counting mine- I thought mine was just a little bit better- but we will see what the others think ;) )

United Thrills of America:

COASTERS- There were some very nice coasters, but there were WAY to many for my tastes. 7/10

LANDSCAPING- I thought that the landscaping was actually pretty good. There was an okay tree selection, and very little flat land. And amazingly, there were no bad theme clashes (I was expecting some considering that it is themed to all parts of the US) 7/10

THEMING- There was some good theming, but in some places, it was hard to tell what the theming was. It was also a little cluttered. 6/10

OVERALL LOOK- This park had a fairly good overall look. 7/10

OVERALL RATING- 7.5/10 (not an average) I gave you an extra .5 because I personally thought that this park was better than a 7/10 :)

Butterfinger
04-07-2002, 01:39 PM
Your theming is overthemed. Everything was cluttered.

When this park was finnished, I took one last look at it and realized this. Yes I agree that I overdid it EXTREMELY, but in my opinion, cluttered parks dont really look to bad (thats why I did'nt really notice it until the very end) So does anyone else have any comments?

P.S.- I slaved over this park for over 100 hours total, over a time of about 2 months, so please give me mostly just comments and maybe only a few things wrong with it- I was really desperate to make my best park ever, and in the end, kinda overdid it.

TXCoasterGuy1
04-07-2002, 02:01 PM
yes thats why i gave you credit, actually 100hrs. seems fast. every land had some fence, theme object, or shrub. i respect how much patience it must take. im also suprised you didnt lose intrest, usually if a park takes that long i just dont wanna finish it. just next time take it easy lol, everything is just too busy. but i like the cruise liner very nice, you didnt go overboard ( get it?LMAO, bad bad bad pun) there.

Aaron
04-07-2002, 02:41 PM
My review of United Thrills of America and Sandcastle Shores.

United Thrills Of America.
Coasters:
This park had a LOT of coasters in it (I counted 16 fully functional ones and I might have missed some), yet the coasters weren't dominating at all, nor did the park look too crowded with them. They all looked great and were well themed. I liked Viva Las Vegas, very creative idea, as was Colorado Snowboarding. Another thing I liked about the coasters in this park is that you had a blend of all types, inverteds, heartline twisters, mine trains, and a lot more.
Overall coaster rating: 9.5

Scenery:
The scenery and theming of this park was just as good as the coasters. Really nice to look at, and very creative. This park had some great tree selections. I've never seen fruit trees in a Frontier themed section, but it worked quite well. All of the bushes and cacti in the Wild Wild West section looked really good, as did all the bushes around Big Bear Mountain. You also had excellent theming around Viva Las Vegas. I also liked how you themed San Francisco Rush and the Golden Gate Coaster. That was one of the nicer Golden Gate bridges I've seen in RCT. You had some very unique theming in parts of this park, like the abstract sculptures around OKC Railroad.
Overall scenery rating: 9.7

Other rides:
This park had a great assortment of other rides. They all fitted in very well with the coasters and scenery of the park. I thought Big Bear Mountain and Rio Grande Rapids were very nicely done. The San Francisco Rush also looked very good. Some of the smaller rides like Alabama Country Carousel and Florida Sun Wheel, which normally look very plain, looked great.
Overall other rides rating: 8.5

Missellaneous Comments:
Everything about this park was great. This park was one of the more creative parks I've seen. I liked Sunshine and Wind Gust, they added a little something extra to their regions of the park. Overall, a top notch park. Great job.

Overall park rating: 9.4

Sandcastle Shores.
Coasters:
All of the coasters in this park looked great. Many of them also had incredible excitement ratings. In addition, they all had really good theming. My favorites were the two dueling inverted roller coasters and Citrus Twist Water Coaster. I also liked the idea of enclosing a roller coaster inside the cruise ship (if only they could do that in real life). Just a side note, now that I think of it, this is one of the few parks I've seen without a steel twister.
Overall roller coaster rating: 8.7

Scenery:
The scenery and theming was the best part of this park. In Sandcastle Shores itself, you had a great blend of bushes, trees, flowers, and buildings. The cruise ship looked great as well, with the flowers, bushes, and castle towers, and I liked the rocks that surrounded it. Also, the scenery of WildWater Beach was good. Many of the trees in the water park looked good, with the exception of the Norway Spruce trees, they didn't fit it well. The gardens here looked great, although the buildings in WildWater Beach didn't look good. Many of them didn't look much like buildings. Overall, good scenery, although in some cases, perhaps there was too much of it.
Overall scenery rating: 9.0

Other Rides:
Like the coasters, the other rides in this park were very well built, and had great theming. However, since I consider water coasters to be coasters and not water rides, I didn't see one functional water ride in all the different maps of this park. WildWater beach certainly had some great looking water rides, but none of them were actually openable. I really liked Castle Capers and Maze of The Medeival.
Overall other rides rating: 7.9

Missellaneous Comments: Overall, this park had great rides, great theming, and utilized some very creative ideas. However, you overdid it when it came to the scenery, and some of the buildings seemed like they were just randomly constructed.

Overall park rating: 8.8

TXCoasterGuy1
04-07-2002, 03:42 PM
I wonder when Kumba Master enters his park? Didnt he say he was entering one for April?

Butterfinger
04-07-2002, 07:46 PM
I sure hope he's not entering one!

Natelox
04-08-2002, 10:21 PM
WHOA!! I LOVED Sandcastle Shores! The only thing i didn't like where that you used to many big fountains (They look ugly imo)
9.5/10! Iris of NE also said he really liked your park.

RCT loser
04-09-2002, 12:37 PM
Okay, my reviews are gonna suck, but here they are. I can't remember all of the parks, if I forget yours,sorry.

Sandcastle Shores
Coasters-9/10-the coasters were really good. A couple of them were kind of slow, and they were a bit helixy, but they looked great.

Theming-9.5/10-The theming was really good, you obviously took alot of time, and you obviously have more patience than me. It just doesn't look as good as a Kraken or Natelox park.

Overall-9.25/10-really,really good

United Thrills of America
Coasters-8/10-Kind of small, but good. Loads of them, without being to dominating. The biggest problem is it seems like you went for quantity above quality

Theming-7/10-Kind of a cheesy idea, but you did it better than I could have. I didn't like the theme itself, and it had to be really hard to theme, which shows. I don't really know what's missing, but it seems something is.

overall-7.5/10-well above average

TXCoasterGuy1
04-09-2002, 06:14 PM
butterfinger:

either im lookin at the wrong park, or i just have weird taste in parks.

well you got the approval of two of the best, so thats all that matters, so you can now call your park "awesome", though i thought it was just an extremely good park, not quite legendary, just liked monte vista better. but you got a 9.5 out of natelox, so uh your park must be like the greatest ever lol.

Natelox
04-09-2002, 08:32 PM
its just my opinon, feel free to have your own. just cause i say its good doesn't mean its the best in the world. its my personal taste.

TXCoasterGuy1
04-09-2002, 09:00 PM
yeah i know i still think its overthemed. but your opinion is regarded higher then mine in the rct community.

Natelox
04-09-2002, 09:17 PM
Too bad you see it that way, i think any one who says any of my parks are good is great! Don't really care if the person is good at rct or not.

Morgan
04-10-2002, 05:24 PM
Morgan's Super-Cool Review of Sandcastle Shores!!!

Rollercoasters:
These rollercoasters were very well designed and had very high ratings (except for Beach Rats, and the Cruise Line Coaster, which is still okay). Catapult was simply and awesome rollercoaster with nice elements throughout the ride. Dueling Dungeons, simply put, is one of the, if not the, best inverted rollercoaster I'd ever seen. I looooved the layout.
Rating: 9.5/10

Scenery:
Wowie-kapowie! Great theming. A shrub here, a fence there, you really did put a lot of effort into this park. I especially liked that Cruise Liner. Very original theming there, if I say so myself.;)
Rating: 9.2/10

Other Rides:
Well, I wasn't really impressed with other rides, but they were still very good. Typhoon was a great watercoaster, I the waterslides were really cool! I only counted about eight or nine different types of flat rides total. You kept using them over and over, when you could have used others. Anyway, I thought most of the rides had good names, and had great themes around the entrances.
Rating: 8/10

Overall Rating of the Whoooooole Park (not an average): 9.6/10 (Holy Mackeral that's a good park!)

Butterfinger
04-10-2002, 07:17 PM
8 or 9 flat rides total?! I put TONS of flat rides in this park! If you counted all of the ride/attractions total, it equaled to 177. And by the way, Typhoon is considered a coaster, not an "other ride".

(I also dont know how you got a 9.6 total out of a 9.5, 9.2, and 8.0. if averaged it would equal 8.9, but I'm not complaining, thank-you very much for the good reveiw)

Morgan
04-11-2002, 05:27 PM
FYI, It was not an average. I Should've mentioned that.

And I should have made this more clear: when I said eight or nine, I meant types of flat rides. There were only eight or nine types. I will go edit my post and fix that, and I will take another look at the park to make sure that statement is true.

Butterfinger
04-13-2002, 03:24 PM
My reveiw of Worlds of Legend:

COASTERS- pretty well done. There were actually way to many for my tastes, but most of them were good. I didnt like the way that some had like 50 helices, and many were to dominating. Still, they were well themed and had nice designs, so I give you a 7/10

THEMING- Nice detail, good style, the theming was pretty well done. You had tons of different sections, but amazingly, they did'nt clash at all! I give the theming a 7.5/10

LANDSCAPING- There were a few hills, a good selection of trees, and water spread throughout the park- I thought you did a really good job on the landscaping in this park. 8/10

OVERALL LOOK- The overall look was okay, but it kinda ruined it to see all of the over-dominating coasters. 6.5/10

OVERALL RATING- 7/10. This park was well done, and well above average. Good job!

Jhcbiinoc
04-13-2002, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the very kind review and the constructive criticism. I am working on a few other parks, that was the first one I ever submitted. One of them I have done and redone time after time and stopped because it got too cluttered and some of the designs lost the realism effect I try to go for. It may show up here next time.

I try to design the coasters (water rides too for that matter) to be Excitement higher than 8 or 9, Intensity level less, and Nausea the least. Working on No Limits has helped me to come up with some decent designs for RCT, in my newer RCT parks my floorless coasters tend to have only 5-6 inversions and inverts 4-5 inversions and that decreases the intensity/nausea level.

RCT is like a dream come true for me, I always had dreams of designing parks with Disney-type theming and Six Flags type thrill rides, and can actually do it.

Natelox
04-13-2002, 06:55 PM
i take it you have recently invested in the game.

Jhcbiinoc
04-13-2002, 08:07 PM
Ahhhh-not really. Been playing it for a long time. Just taken me a long time to get the hang of things. The park I submitted was the first one I have really felt was good enough to sumbit. Your parks are great-I find that whereas mine try to go for the everything but the kitchen sink approach (though in one I put a coaster called "The Kitchen Sink") yours are very realistic. The next one I do I want to have more quality over quantity of rides and attractions.

Aaron
04-14-2002, 12:11 PM
Coasters.
This park definatly had a lot of coasters in it, and they didn't dominate the park too much, although perhaps the park did look a bit crowded with them. Volano Run stood out too much, I think, and Lochmonster looked too crowded in. Other then that, though, the coasters were great. You had a good assortment of them, and I really liked the Archimedes Screw coasters, that was pretty creative.
Overall coaster rating: 7.0

Scenery.
The scenery in this park was pretty well done. One good thing about it was that the borders between two sections weren't very sharp. To change from one section to another, usually, you changed the tree type and/or path. There were no sudden changes, for example, from grass to ice, or something like that. You had a great selection of trees in this section, and I thought that the theming you gave to Adventure Island looked really good.
Overall scenery rating: 8.0

Other rides.
The other rides in this park blended in well with the coasters and the theming, and like the coasters, there was a good blend of them, from gentle rides to water rides to thrill rides. My favorite of all the other rides had to be Danger River. It was one of the best river rapids I've ever seen; that excitement rating was incredible.
Overall other rides rating: 7.5

Missellaneous Comments.
Overall, this was a pretty good park. Nice assortment of rides and theming, although maybe towards the back of the park, a few too many coasters.

Overall park rating: 7.8

Andy Hodgson
04-21-2002, 01:27 PM
Ok, the voting is really supposed to start today, but due to problems in time in getting the avatars to March winners, the April TNPP will be merged into the May one. Meaning, this is really the May contest now, and you have until around May 23rd or so to enter a park if you want. Also, an important note, to all the March winners, I am so sorry to for not getting your avatars out to you. I will get another admin. besides Alex to get them for you. Since Alex is a little busy on something for the site. Once again, I am truly sorry for the delay, and hope to see some more good entries into the contest.

Butterfinger
04-21-2002, 05:26 PM
WHAT? What do the avatars have to do with voting? Please cant we just do the voting today like normal? I cant wait another month, I'm to anxious! And besides, who really cares about the avatars.... even though they are a nice feature for winners, I enter this contest every month for the competition and to see how good my parks are compared to every one elses, not for some stupid avatar! PLEASE, lets do it the regular way!!!!!!

Riddler156
04-21-2002, 07:14 PM
What's an avatar?

Aaron
04-21-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Riddler156
What's an avatar? It's that piece of track under your user name.

Well, I guess now there's going to be more entries then normal, because this is a two month long contest. This is going to make voting more difficult. Already, the April contest had several top notch parks, and now the May submissions will add even more great parks to choose from.

RCT loser
04-21-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Butterfinger
WHAT? What do the avatars have to do with voting? Please cant we just do the voting today like normal? I cant wait another month, I'm to anxious! And besides, who really cares about the avatars.... even though they are a nice feature for winners, I enter this contest every month for the competition and to see how good my parks are compared to every one elses, not for some stupid avatar! PLEASE, lets do it the regular way!!!!!!
Yeah, it doesn't matter for you, because you know you're getting an avatar anyway and you have one now. Some of us aren't as good, don't have an avatar currently, should have one coming soon, and might not get one this month. I say delay voting for a month, it will give me more time to get Camelot done anyway. It's the only fair solution to all involved.

Butterfinger
04-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by RCT loser

Yeah, it doesn't matter for you, because you know you're getting an avatar anyway and you have one now. Some of us aren't as good, don't have an avatar currently, should have one coming soon, and might not get one this month. I say delay voting for a month, it will give me more time to get Camelot done anyway. It's the only fair solution to all involved.

But if voting started now it would garentee you an avatar no matter how well you do. There are only 6 entrys so you and every one else will get one anyway. (but I dought you have to worry about comming in last place anyway, cause your park was really good)

Natelox
04-22-2002, 08:06 PM
i think it should be extended, it will allow more people to finnish and enter their parks. the more the better.

RCT loser
04-23-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Butterfinger

But if voting started now it would garentee you an avatar no matter how well you do. There are only 6 entrys so you and every one else will get one anyway. (but I dought you have to worry about comming in last place anyway, cause your park was really good)
But I wouldn't get an avatar for it because there would be no avatars this month. BTW, if you are interested in competition, let it go another month and get more entries.

Butterfinger
05-02-2002, 01:36 PM
C'mon people! Its been at least 2 weeks! Doesent anyone have anything to enter? I still want the voting to start now, but since the contest has to be extended, we might as well have some more good parks.

Morgan
05-02-2002, 05:08 PM
I'm working on my park. I'm not sure if I'll make the deadline though...I'll keep you up to date on it...

Butterfinger
05-02-2002, 08:32 PM
What is your parks theme?

Morgan
05-03-2002, 08:42 AM
Well...I'd have to say the park has a medieval theme. There are a couple spots in the park that have a different theme, though, such as jungle or pirate themes.

SoLiD SnAkE
05-08-2002, 05:56 PM
To enter parks in this contest is there like a template of land that tnpp gives you to use instead of jsut picking one of the parks to use?

Andy Hodgson
05-08-2002, 06:50 PM
Just use a trainer to flatten all land, give all rides, and give all land. Then freeze the money at $5million. It works everytime. Otherwise, goto google.com and search for RCTOA which is an awesome workbench you can use. There is no size limit on the park for TNPP, any will do.

SFMM DUDE
05-08-2002, 07:58 PM
Its official and this time i mean it, Coming in 2 days, this Friday
Cedar Mountains

Natelox
05-09-2002, 07:56 PM
excelent. We need another park in the TNPP!

Aaron
05-10-2002, 08:59 PM
Coasters.
The coasters here weren't too bad. They looked good, and the theming was nice. Many of the coasters also had really great station platforms too. However, Roll Of Thunder looked too crowded. Also, I would have tamed down The Hawk, it was too intense. I thought that Mud Shovel was the best of the coasters. I've never seen a brake run done like that before.
Overall coaster rating: 7.8

Theming.
The gardens in this park were great. I think that they were the best part of the theming. When it came to trees, though, you only used a few different types, which made the park look kind of bland. It also would have been nice if you put some trees by the waterfalls.
Overall scenery rating: 7.4

Other rides.
You had some decent other rides in this park. Mountain Logging Expedition was one of the most compact log flumes I've ever seen, and the gardens around Cherokee River Rapids were really good looking. I noticed that you had a 3D Cinema called Ed Markey's Trip to Hell, LMAO :D :D :D (even though you spelled "Markey" wrong, but who cares?).
Overall other rides rating: 7.7

Missellaneous Comments.
This park was pretty good. The rides were nice, and the theming wasn't bad. The park would have been better if there was a greater selection of trees, though.

Overall park rating: 7.8

Butterfinger
05-10-2002, 11:41 PM
Finnaly we get another park!

Heres my review:

COASTERS- Not to shabby. The layouts were good and there was also a nice selection. They all also had very nice stations. My one complaint is that some of them had weird names (Like the inverted named Photosynthesis). 7.5/10

THEMING- Although there there was a lack of buildings, the theming here was still good. I really liked the themeing on the Cherokee River. 7/10

LANDSCAPING- This is definitly your parks strongest point. The mountains looked very good, and there was a lack of flat land. You also worked with the water very well as there was plenty of waterfalls, rocks, and other little details like that. I would also like to say that the gardens and shrubs looked simply awesome- they helped give your park a great feel. 8.5/10

OVERALL LOOK- Your overall look is very good. None of the coasters were dominating, and the landscaping looked just as good from above as it did up close. 8/10

OVERALL RATING- 8/10. This park was a HUGE improvement on your last- keep up the good work! I think this park might give some good competition, Sfmm Dude!

BTW, did you get the name for Apache from Monte Vista? I dont really mind if you did, I'd just like to know.

SFMM DUDE
05-11-2002, 01:09 AM
wow, thx for the great reviews guys. BTW (Butterfinger) i just thought of using the name apache since it was a indian name.

TXCoasterGuy1
05-11-2002, 01:05 PM
my review

see butterfingers

yes this is a huge improve ment and you already know what i think. given bout 2 or 3 more parks and you'll be a great parkmaker.

this is worth just giving a look.

Andy Hodgson
05-11-2002, 03:46 PM
My Review of Cedar Mountains (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&postid=280558#post280558)

Natelox
05-11-2002, 04:58 PM
andy, where tha hell is alex? I mailed hi my recipet about 2 weeks ago and i haven't heard anything from him. I know u two keep in touch, so could u ask him about that? thanx.

SFMM DUDE
05-12-2002, 02:14 AM
when does voting start?

Andy Hodgson
05-12-2002, 08:08 AM
Next Weekend. The weekend of the 18th and 19th.

Butterfinger
05-12-2002, 01:38 PM
The voting starts NEXT weekend? Cool! I thought it always starts on the last Sunday of the month, but this is good because I cant wait much longer (plus it looks like there arent going to be many more parks submitted)

Morgan
05-12-2002, 01:58 PM
Oh well, I'll enter my park next month. There's no way I'll finish it by next weekend.

Natelox
05-12-2002, 07:57 PM
ANDY!!! do u know what happened to Alex?

Andy Hodgson
05-12-2002, 10:20 PM
No, he hasn't been on in a while. I'll try him next time I see him. You may have better luck contacting one of the other two admins: Erik and Steven about it. They should have an easier time getting a hold on Alex.

TXCoasterGuy1
05-19-2002, 09:36 AM
voting gonna start yet andy?

Butterfinger
05-19-2002, 01:23 PM
Cmon Andy, stop torturing us!

SFMM DUDE
05-26-2002, 04:20 PM
when does staff voting begin?