PDA

View Full Version : Best B&M Collection!

--X--
04-10-2002, 06:07 PM
What park with 3 B&M's do you think has the best collection,Six Flags Great Adventure,Six Flags Great America,Alton Towers,Six Flags Over Georgia?
I think six flags great adventure because they have 2 majors(Nitro,and Medusa)(Plus a very good inverted in Batman. SFOG and alton tower's B&M's are all small and short. Great america has 2 small and a not so good hyper.

rocketman23
04-10-2002, 06:26 PM
I'd say Alton Towers. All three are widely acclaimed rides... particularly Nemesis.

CPFan
04-10-2002, 06:26 PM
SFGAm has a great hyper, Raging Bull. Besides, when you say a very good inverted in Batman for SFGAdv, then go to SFGAm and say they have 2 small B&Ms. The ride is the same. The Batman at SFGAdv is a clone of the one at SFGAm, weird. Hey, its a Beemer, so they are all good. Alton has the first diving and the first flyer, so thats pretty impresive. SFOG has the best flyer and 2 other great beemas. Ok, im just going on and on, lets just say either SFGAdv or SFOG.

Inferno
04-10-2002, 06:40 PM
All the Batman:The Ride B&M inverts are clones of the original SFGAm one. I'm gonna have to go with SFGADV. Second would either be IOA or BGW.

CrystalKat
04-10-2002, 07:27 PM
I thought that Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens Tampa also had 3 B&Ms, both of which are great parks. I just think there are too many factors to choose which park is better based on how many of a particular designer's coasters they have! All designers occasionally make rides that flop, so more doesn't necessarily mean better. I'll take one great coaster over 2-3 poor ones any day, though of course I'd still go on anything. :D

Rebel2000
04-10-2002, 07:40 PM
Alton Towers, it has the three most original B&M's of the four parks. I'll admit, each park has a very good collection, but Alton Tower's are more original. Take the inverteds, B:TR, B:TR, B:TR, Nemesis. One of the most unique, thrilling coasters out there! And then besides that there is the first dive machine ever, and the first B&M flyer. Debate all you want about shortness, intensity, whatever, but not one of those three parks has a vertical coaster, (2 have a hyper, 2 have a standup, 1 has a floorless), and only 2 have flyers.

SFGadvKing
04-10-2002, 08:37 PM
i would say alton towers has the worst. i've never been there, but oblivion looks like a total waste, all it is is a hill. i would say sfgadv, they have a great hyper and a great floorless.

Jokercoaster
04-10-2002, 09:00 PM
I'll say Great Adventure, Medusa is the best floorless I've ever been on. And Nitro is widely acclaimed by everyone

James
04-10-2002, 09:07 PM
IOA....Hulk is a great coaster...and DD ice is fun and fire is ok :)

Marcus
04-10-2002, 09:37 PM
Island of Adventure has the best collection. First of all, Hulk is the best Sitdown coaster ever made and features the best 0G in the world. But now on top of that, it contains the best 2 inverted coasters on the planet. Which is Dueling and has the best foot cutters and near misses. I stick with IOA.

rocketman23
04-10-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Melissa
I thought that Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens Tampa also had 3 B&Ms, both of which are great parks.

Well, technically IOA does. As for BGT, last time I checked Scorpion wasn't a B&M!:eek: ;) :D

Hulk
04-11-2002, 07:10 PM
Well..... In 2003 BgT will have 3 Beemas.Sliver Back

RagingBull#1
04-11-2002, 07:19 PM
where do you get that Raging Bull is an okay hyper. it is great, and the batman thing. ours was there so long that the trees are fully grown and there is a lake over it, and it is more intense than the others.Also, iron wolf is little but who said that was bad, i would take it over mantis any day.

Anyways with the question, if you consider IOA to have three it would obviously be them. The dragons are both great and the hulk is amazing.

Alex T
04-11-2002, 08:06 PM
Mine vote goes to either AT or SFGADV. Nemisis, Oblivion, and Air, it's kind of hard to compete w/ three great rides like those. SFGADV also has 2 good rides w/ one ok inverted, but I still like AT has better beemers.

Dr.Bruce Banner
04-11-2002, 08:16 PM
IOA.... Not because its my home park but it does have the only launched B&M, and they only Dueling B&M. You can't get any better then that!!!:cool:

RaptorXLC
04-12-2002, 06:10 PM
I would say SFGAdv becasue medusa is awesome and Nitro is probably the best B&M hyper. After that I would say AT and IOA.

GAcoasterguy
04-12-2002, 10:56 PM
SFOG...they're not the biggest, just some of the best.

With SFGAdv (my home park) a close second, and IOA a close third.

condor27
04-13-2002, 04:12 PM
Did someone forget IOA, the home to 3 unique B&Ms?

Dr.Bruce Banner
04-14-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by condor27
Did someone forget IOA, the home to 3 unique B&Ms? That is what i voted for.... The only B&M launched, the only B&M dueling. You can't top that really.:cool:

SFGAdvGal
04-14-2002, 08:07 AM
I'd have to say AT. Nemisis is supposed to have some of the best theming (red water) plus be a good intense invert. Oblivion is the first Dive Machine... maybe not the longest coaster but I imagine the drop must be great... plus it is the first of that kind so don't expect it to have much to it other then what it was designed for - the drop. AIR also is a beautiful coaster. It just looks amazing and I wish I wasn't so afraid of planes so that I could fly over there.

Next I'd have to say a tie between IoA and SFGAdv

SFGAdvkicksass
04-14-2002, 09:52 AM
In my opinion, about the IOA/DD thing, I feel that if you are going to count DD as 2 coasters, then you can't count the dueling factor that you get on DD. If you do it like that, then it's a toss-up between Alton Towers and Six Flags Great Adventure. But if you add in the dueling factor on DD, then my vote has to go to IOA.

Alien@SixFlags
04-14-2002, 10:24 AM
SFOG- Cool Invert, Grea Standup, and Awesome flyer. What more could you want, well no park has all these B&M types and a hyper, but if we had a hyper it would be awesome

PatMan007
04-14-2002, 02:27 PM
Gadv Nitro and Medusa are two of the best, and batman is intense.

SpeedAKL
04-14-2002, 05:15 PM
I would have to say SFGAdv. Nitro is my second-favorite B&M, Medusa is awesome, and B:TR is still a fun, intense coaster despite being quite old. Second would go to either SFOG or SFGAm, but IoA definitely gets points for uniqueness, and Incredible Hulk is my favorite looper. BGW is nice too...AC and Alpie are both in my top 5, so they are theoretically right behind SFGAdv. I think AT's Bimmers are overrated...Nemesis is a great ride, but Oblivion is a one-trick pony and AIR is reported to be not nearly as thrilling or intense as Superman: Ultimate Flight.